• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Halimah Yacob, the perfect example of why S’pore is doomed

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I wouldn't go with a rubber stamp. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to see if there are any minority candidates willing to stand up against the tyranny. Fuck! I would have voted for TCB again if there isn't this stupid ruling that the next President must be from the minority race.

well, the last president prior to this one was an indian, Nathan. So, cannot be another Indian, because Humplimah is one. I nominate Fandi Ahmad.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
One of the other forums has already mentioned this: https://www.allsingaporestuff.com/a...im-what-if-pe-committee-decides-she-not-malay

"I just found out that Madam Halimah had an Indian-Muslim father. But everyone knows her as Malay, she's been active in the Malay community, speaks Malay, is a Muslim. Imagine the uproar if she were to run for President and this "Community Committee" declares that she ISN'T Malay. But imagine the confusion if they declare she IS (since she is by parentage Indian-Muslim). And why should it even matter? She has served Singapore so well. Debates on racial purity and categorisation are both pointless and dangerous. This is the kind of racial politics that we are headed for."

As some of you may be aware, the local singkies with mixed Indian/Malay heritage are also pejoratively referred to as DKK (used to refer to those of Indian descent that have adapted and integrated wholly into Malay culture, food, customs, language).

Interestingly also her husband is an Alhabshee so he could be of Arab Yemeni descent making her kids of Arab descent rather than Malay - depending on his Race identifier - would not be surprised if they have 'Arab" as race on their IDs (if indeed her husband is the same as the local Hadramuti Arabs). The Yemeni Arabs from Hadramut tend to be of classic Arab features or darker features because of the proximity to Eritrea, Djibouti, Somalia, Ethiopia across the Gulf of Aden. There was some discussion in Malaysia a while back:

http://malaysianunplug.blogspot.sg/2008/01/who-is-senator-datuk-syed-ali-alhabshee.html

https://malaysianunplug.blogspot.sg/2010/05/ethiopian-arab-umno-datuk-syed-ali.html

That might make sense because the husband is
very tall, not like the local malays and is lighter skin colour.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCJ already hinted on the race issue when he said that the respective sub-committees will assess eligible candidates “holistically and not look at only one factor”.,no need to “overly prescribe” a criteria and taking an “inclusive approach” ect2-meaning they already know the candidate from their side is of mixed origin.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
ICA - registry of birth should clarify these. asap. highly confuseing :biggrin:

In the old days, on the birth cert, it states the dialect of the parents. And it always follows the father's dialect. eg. if father is cantonese and mother is hokkien, the child is identified as cantonese. In this case, if the race applies, then she has to be identified as an Indian.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not true. You can either put father's or mother's dialect People just assume that you put the father's dialect.

In the old days, on the birth cert, it states the dialect of the parents. And it always follows the father's dialect. eg. if father is cantonese and mother is hokkien, the child is identified as cantonese. In this case, if the race applies, then she has to be identified as an Indian.

SgGoneWrong

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You raised a very good point. U should start a thread on it. Her father's name has been assidously missing in the press. No one knows who he is. On the other hand, everyone knows her mother, who was malay muslim. Most telling in that National Newspapers in India identify Halimah Yacob as Indian. Yet another example of dishonesty on the part of the PAP and Halimah Yacob.

Indian-origin politician Halimah Yacob (58) is set to become the first woman Speaker of Singapore’s Parliament next week replacing Michael Palmer, who was forced to quit over his extra-marital affair.
Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong on Tuesday said he would nominate Ms. Halimah as the next Speaker when the House sits on January 14, 2014.
Ms. Halimah, a former labour lawyer, is a Member of Parliament from the ruling People’s Action Party (PAP) and has extensive experience in the labour movement, social work and pre-school education. She would be resigning as Minister of State (MOS) at the Ministry of Community Development, Youth and Sports on January 13 as office holders cannot be elected Speaker, said Mr. Lee in a statement.
The Speaker’s post fell vacant when Mr. Palmer, also a PAP MP, resigned last month for his involvement in an extra-marital affair. Ms. Halimah would be confirmed as Speaker as PAP has an absolute majority in the 99-member house. Mr. Lee said he has briefed PAP MPs and received their full support on his intention to nominate Ms. Halimah to the position.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/intern...apores-first-woman-speaker/article4287674.ece

What's new? When it comes to pappies, lying to dumb sinkies are common and they will still get voted in. When millions are concerned, Huatlimah will even disown her father and calls pinky her lau peh.

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not true. You can either put father's or mother's dialect People just assume that you put the father's dialect.

The old birth certs for kids reflected the dialect groups (DG) of the parents ("Hokkien", "Cantonese", etc) only, not the child's. The parents' DGs were reflected as being the "race" of the parents. DGs were later dropped as a classification of "race" and instead, both the parents' (not child) "race" and "dialect group" were recorded, eg."Chinese/Cantonese" in today's birth certificates.

Having said that, the "dialect group" and "race" of a child have never been recorded in the birth certificates of old or in today's birth certs. Neither is DG reflected in the NRICs of old and the present. Only the "race" of the child/holder is shown in the ICs, eg. "Chinese".

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
well, the last president prior to this one was an indian, Nathan. So, cannot be another Indian, because Humplimah is one. I nominate Fandi Ahmad.

Will not vote for any of the president they nominated, never did...spoilt all the vote I cast..be they be of any race....if it is certain one...worse...I won't even bother to go...

PTADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Will not vote for any of the president they nominated, never did...spoilt all the vote I cast..be they be of any race....if it is certain one...worse...I won't even bother to go...

Good reminder. Under the compulsory voting system, most seem to assume they must tick for someone and forget that spoiling their votes is a perfectly legitimate way to express their non-support for any of the candidates/political parties shown on the ballot paper.