• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gurmit Singh & Kumar makes Malaysian Dollars

• Thread starter Deleted member 80916
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 80916

I hear On the Msian Radio, Kumar & Gurmit performing in KL.
Hossan Leong's staying in Johor,
The Montero musicians also living Johor,...
..so who else has moved up north & earning myr ?

Things are not as bad as it seems, yes ?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hear On the Msian Radio, Kumar & Gurmit performing in KL.
Hossan Leong's staying in Johor,
The Montero musicians also living Johor,...
..so who else has moved up north & earning myr ?

Things are not as bad as it seems, yes ?

All the washed out has beens, expired goods whose heydays was last century, now no money and cannot make it in Singapore, have to move to Malaysia. Things cannot be worse.

Clutching at straws, try harder.

Last edited:

mpan12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many industries in SG are now facing stresses from a tight labour market and suppressed wages. This is especially so in the media and entertainment industry. If they can make it here, why would they cross over to Malaysia, with lower pay and weak currency exchange rate? Unless they have very personal reasons which we don't know.

Gurmit Singh, Kumar, Hossan Leong etc are all history. People want to see fresh faces and newer performances. I'm surprised for the older Ch8 actors and actresses like Zoe Tay and company, they can still survive. They are old too.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many industries in SG are now facing stresses from a tight labour market and suppressed wages. This is especially so in the media and entertainment industry. If they can make it here, why would they cross over to Malaysia, with lower pay and weak currency exchange rate? Unless they have very personal reasons which we don't know.

Gurmit Singh, Kumar, Hossan Leong etc are all history. People want to see fresh faces and newer performances. I'm surprised for the older Ch8 actors and actresses like Zoe Tay and company, they can still survive. They are old too.

The issues in the media and entertainment industry is not about tight labour market and suppressed wages. It's about global competition, and Mediacorp products being generally not up to scratch. A right-sizing exercise was carried out at Mediacorp due to the plunging advertising dollars.

ECboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
The issues in the media and entertainment industry is not about tight labour market and suppressed wages. It's about global competition, and Mediacorp products being generally not up to scratch. A right-sizing exercise was carried out at Mediacorp due to the plunging advertising dollars.

The old guys still have demand because they are still good, a good actor/actress will still be good no matter the age. Younger artists are not in the same league and if you look at the region, mediacorp is far behind in terms of talent and creativity. Look at Thai GTH & GMM, if they start producing international materials, I think MY & SG movies can pack up.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old guys still have demand because they are still good, a good actor/actress will still be good no matter the age. Younger artists are not in the same league and if you look at the region, mediacorp is far behind in terms of talent and creativity. Look at Thai GTH & GMM, if they start producing international materials, I think MY & SG movies can pack up.

No matter how good you are, there is bound to be a time you will become a has been, and Kumar and GS are just that, people just get sick of the same old faces and same old jokes. Move along and retire gracefully.

No money, go live in MY.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
No matter how good you are, there is bound to be a time you will become a has been, and Kumar and GS are just that, people just get sick of the same old faces and same old jokes. Move along and retire gracefully.

No money, go live in MY.

I met a rich man in Senibong Cove. Seems like though rich guys are eyeing the outer layer units in the island eventually. Cash purchased. they don't bother about gluts it seems.

tell u quietly..:p

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I met a rich man in Senibong Cove. Seems like though rich guys are eyeing the outer layer units in the island eventually. Cash purchased. they don't bother about gluts it seems.

tell u quietly..:p

Sure, there are many like that, but how many of the real Singaporeans like that? The real Singaporeans are whole life savings dump in, make or break in the end would mean the difference between a good retirement or end up working till they drop dead.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure, there are many like that, but how many of the real Singaporeans like that? The real Singaporeans are whole life savings dump in, make or break in the end would mean the difference between a good retirement or end up working till they drop dead.

I am surprised to hear that. So far, I have met a few fellow Singaporeans who bought in my area, and they seem pretty well off. Certainly not dumping their whole life savings in, as far as I can see. Many are renting out their SG properties as well.

cybermad

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am surprised to hear that. So far, I have met a few fellow Singaporeans who bought in my area, and they seem pretty well off. Certainly not dumping their whole life savings in, as far as I can see. Many are renting out their SG properties as well.

Renting out SG and staying in JB is the short cut to early retirement..

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Then must be very different from the crowd here, all you can see the folks here is hoping for CA and rental returns all the time in a place like Johor, the truly rich won't bother at all, just dump and leave it because they can.

TS seems to be an example of such, even old loser has-beens come to Malaysia also must blow trumpet.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

i like follow rich people that can see future...think SC got chance, many rich men. :p

Dun know why hor, those tamans look very sian liao when i come out from SC. :p

Last edited: