• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ground commander could have done more to deter rioting crowd: COI

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While the COI is raging on, let's enjoy scenes from that magical night in Little India. :wink:

[video=youtube;ztm4MKnwgzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztm4MKnwgzg[/video]

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the basic question is Police suppose to just do their job and hide under 'standard Ops Procedure' or r they suppose to be brave and risks their lives to do their job. For our Dep Commisioner we all know his answer now!!

Last edited:

jubilee1919

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
He also added that, according to police procedures, commanders should not be involved in the heat of action and lose focus of command and control.

In this case, he might as well stay home and don't bother to come. Perhaps his juniors could do much better on their own using their initiative to quell the riot instead of having to PROTECT their cowardly boss.:mad:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dac Lu sure tulan in this matter.. He will hentak kaki and all his high hopes of one day being the next CP getting slimmer and slimmer..

Its a case of damned if he does damned if he doesn't..

MHA will kick him out to be Director of Prison for his next top job..

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dac Lu sure tulan in this matter.. He will hentak kaki and all his high hopes of one day being the next CP getting slimmer and slimmer..

Its a case of damned if he does damned if he doesn't..

MHA will kick him out to be Director of Prison for his next top job..

Dir prisons? No chance. Best bet DD prisons. Dir prisons is a scholars' posting. Think Chua Chin Kiat, Ng Joo Hee and Soh Wai Wah. Non scholar zero chance becoming CP. Need OMS.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dir prisons? No chance. Best bet DD prisons. Dir prisons is a scholars' posting. Think Chua Chin Kiat, Ng Joo Hee and Soh Wai Wah. Non scholar zero chance becoming CP. Need OMS.

Commissioner of police big fuck? Scholar big fuck?

Marry into the right family and you'll be the Home Affairs minister.

Even when stripped of your portfolio, you can still shake leg do nothing and enjoy a fat salary in the PMO. :wink:

wks-1.jpg

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Commissioner of police big fuck? Scholar big fuck?

Marry into the right family and you'll be the Home Affairs minister.

Even when stripped of your portfolio, you can still shake leg do nothing and enjoy a fat salary in the PMO. :wink:

wks-1.jpg

Shorty found the right hole. Later every month strike lottery.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
The issue is not the delay activation of soc but rather the inaction of the officers on the ground in the interim period when vehicles were overturned and burnt. The grd cmdr did nothing and receive no order from higher command to do anything. Then come coi and with advantage of hindsight everybody felt that he should have done something. Were his superior having the same thought as the coi at that moment or were they equally lost? If at the time when vehicles were burnt and they do share the same thought as the coi, they should have ordered him to gather his men and repel the crowd. Otherwise, it appears that the responsibility of acting correctly stop at the grd cmdr.

All this is fucking bullshit. He claims he only had 8 men with him and there were 150 rioters against them. Like what the fuck, were all the police unarmed? What are their Taurus for? He already admitted that he and his men were pelted by projectiles (obviously intended to injure or kill him), police cars and ambulances were burning, officers were injured, etc. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU DRAW YOUR WEAPON AND SHOOT THESE RIOTING MOTHERFUCKERS? I guarantee you that if all the police officers drew their weapons and started shooting the ones throwing the projectiles and burning the cars, the riot will stop immediately. Why? Because the ones doing the rioting will be on the ground dead or bleeding to death. I don't understand why the COI dances around the issue of the use of weapons.

Last edited:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
From the way the coi proceeds, they seems to have identified the scapegoat. He will shoulder all the blames although many others above him are equally responsible. If your ground commander can't act and is lost, the next in command should direct him instead of waiting for him to do something. Who is next in command for operation of such scale? D Op? So if this chap also no action, I thought the commissioner himself should intervene. Or are they thinking that they are too high or too big to take over command because the sop stated so.

Commissioner at party la.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Comms already jammed. Draw gun jam how?

All this is fucking bullshit. He claims he only had 8 men with him and there were 150 rioters against them. Like what the fuck, were all the police unarmed? What are their Taurus for? He already admitted that he and his men were pelted by projectiles (obviously intended to injure or kill him), police cars and ambulances were burning, officers were injured, etc. AT WHAT POINT DO YOU DRAW YOUR WEAPON AND SHOOT THESE RIOTING MOTHERFUCKERS? I guarantee you that if all the police officers drew their weapons and started shooting the ones throwing the projectiles and burning the cars, the riot will stop immediately. Why? Because the ones doing the rioting will be on the ground dead or bleeding to death. I don't understand why the COI dances around the issue of the use of weapons.

Charlie99

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

CCK was a SAFOS, at 1SIR, then transferred to SPF around the same time as KBH.

NJH was SPFOS, so is SWW.

I agree with you that if the individual is not an OMS or SPFOS, there is a very slim chance that he will be promoted to be Director od Prisons, or to be Commissioner of SPF.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pity DAC Lu...He has been made a SCAPEGOAT of the PAP's FT policy .... :biggrin:

Don't worry for "LU bei gian seow"...later you read he is heading some GLC company...in the meantime 'suffer' a little...watching the video again.... how come the STRAIGHT TIME ( ha ha ha) never publish the truth? ha ha ha ha:biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Failure of pappies and spf. Scholars and soldiers never mix. In all history, general is general, scholar is scholar. Same as saf. The downfall of sinking land will be by these scholars.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
this bugger tio fix because he shooting his mouth off without using his c0ckhead. just stick to official line and say it is an honest mistake, time to move on.

then offer to PCC for those on the COI board.

sure nothing happen to him.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
?.... I don't understand why the COI dances around the issue of the use of weapons.
I think they are trying to limit the damage. The whole situation was allowed to escalate to a riot all because of a single wrong decision i.e. to "hold ground". Everything else above the grd cmdr level is great and fine, especially their quick decision in ordering the grd troop to exercise restraint. It couldn't be better. :smile:

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
CCK was a SAFOS, at 1SIR, then transferred to SPF around the same time as KBH.

NJH was SPFOS, so is SWW.

I agree with you that if the individual is not an OMS or SPFOS, there is a very slim chance that he will be promoted to be Director od Prisons, or to be Commissioner of SPF.

From what I know, there is only one LMS who may be appointed CP or D Prisons in the near future. None other than present DCPIB Wong Hong Kuan. He was DC before he left.