• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ground commander could have done more to deter rioting crowd: COI

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agree. Their strategy and comments would be different then.

Now they will say anything to cover their asses!! GD, do u think he should directed his men to be aggressive and go out to control instead of holding the ground?? To be honest, if I was there and I am police, I also would hesitate!!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now they will say anything to cover their asses!! GD, do u think he should directed his men to be aggressive and go out to control instead of holding the ground?? To be honest, if I was there and I am police, I also would hesitate!!

His decision to hold the ground is understandable. I believe any other comdr would have given the same orders. But imo holding the ground cant jalan when violence erupted - burning of vehicles and overturning them.

When that took place, they should fire warning shots to stop the escalation. Who is going to get hurt when you fire these shots in the air? Members of public?

CoffeeAhSoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore Cable Car disaster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore_Cable_Car_disaster

Lee_Hsien_Loong_in_1983.jpg

Colonel Lee Hsien Loong (current Prime Minister), Chief of Staff (General Staff) of the Singapore Armed Forces speaking to the press following the rescue mission for the Sentosa Cable Car Disaster, in 1983

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Fortunately no deaths from the riot. Whole incident changes drastically if death resulted from police holding the ground.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
His decision to hold the ground is understandable. I believe any other comdr would have given the same orders. But imo holding the ground cant jalan when violence erupted - burning of vehicles and overturning them.

When that took place, they should fire warning shots to stop the escalation. Who is going to get hurt when you fire these shots in the air? Members of public?

If I can remember properly... I was told not to fire warning shot when I am in Police Academy during 1992... There was a incident many years ago, a policeman open an warning shot and it kill 1 kaypoh which stick out his head to watch from high rise flat...

The polices are doing a pretty good job although it is not perfect... Disperse a riots of 100 to 200 mob in less than 3 hrs and it did not reform... After the case, there maybe some mistake here and there... We also cannot predict what will happen after the warning shot or the police take on the mob before the arrival of SOC...

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If I can remember properly... I was told not to fire warning shot when I am in Police Academy during 1992... There was a incident many years ago, a policeman open an warning shot and it kill 1 kaypoh which stick out his head to watch from high rise flat...

The polices are doing a pretty good job although it is not perfect... Disperse a riots of 100 to 200 mob in less than 3 hrs and it did not reform... After the case, there maybe some mistake here and there... We also cannot predict what will happen after the warning shot or the police take on the mob before the arrival of SOC...

SPF didnt disperse the crowd but the crowd disperse themselves after running out of mata chia to flip and burn.:rolleyes:

imho, no need to fire warning shots above the crowd heads, a good baton charge after tear gas by even 20 mata will be sufficient to disperse the crowd.

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Not sure about your time in PA. Whatever taught by instructors, the dos and donts, there will be incidents whereby discretion has to be used even if it breaches police practices, procedures and orders.

Nothing is certain in police work. After firing warning shots, I opine it will have the impact it is supposed to have. This group gathered without intent to riot before the fatal accident. May be intoxicated. But they arent terrorists prepared to die. If really intoxicated they wont be able to move!

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SPF didnt disperse the crowd but the crowd disperse themselves after running out of mata chia to flip and burn.:rolleyes:

imho, no need to fire warning shots above the crowd heads, a good baton charge after tear gas by even 20 mata will be sufficient to disperse the crowd.

Police have tear gas??? Hello... You go ask and check with any police friend whether they carry tear gas??? Only SOC carry tear gas... They were at the scene late that day... They did do a baton charge on the mob and they disperse...

If SOC did not act that day... After burning the vehicles, they will start to burn the shop and rob...:wink:

mypools

Alfrescian
Loyal
(There was a incident many years ago, a policeman open an warning shot and it kill 1 kaypoh which stick out his head to watch from high rise flat...)????

Hello, What is the effective shooting range of a double action revolver??

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If any innocent people got hurt or died as a result of police 'holding their ground' - how to answer?? Bunch of incompetent cowards!!

That we have to thank divine providence that, no one died & how long can we hold out, thanking divine providence?. Fortunate again, that those hiding in the ambulance did not get "fried" to death or the major train breakdown, many people died or the rioters burned Tekka area, like the rioters burned "chee cheing kai" otherwise known as Petaling Street KL in 1969. of course, some will say... that was the May 13 riot, a different scenario....but can we always count on divine providence to look after us?? Unless, we look deeply into ourselves & ask....are we good enough? only good on PAPER!?:mad:

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Police have tear gas??? Hello... You go ask and check with any police friend whether they carry tear gas??? Only SOC carry tear gas... They were at the scene late that day... They did do a baton charge on the mob and they disperse...

If SOC did not act that day... After burning the vehicles, they will start to burn the shop and rob...:wink:

SOC got act on that fateful nite? SOC stand around acting only. did SOC deploy water canon, tear gas, etc etc..? A big zero lor... maybe tear gas too expensive and worry water canon get wear out or there no water in the tank at all. only kelings ran out of mata chia to flip and burn and start to disperse on their own will did the mata start arresting. how many riots and how many caught on the actual nite?

even ordinary matakia no tear gas, a baton and shield more than enough. dont give me BS mata had no shield nonsense. ALL mata chia boot come will SOP items which include the shield, helmet and body armour. limpeh has friend once work for transport division during nsf, he know there standard riot gear inside EVERY mata chia boot.

maybe because transport division now outsourced to private company, so mata cannot activate the polis bus on sunday night needed for mass arrest, so lan lan had to excerise maximum restrain. wahaha......

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
(There was a incident many years ago, a policeman open an warning shot and it kill 1 kaypoh which stick out his head to watch from high rise flat...)????

ard 15m but max range shd be a couple hundred metres.

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

45 to 55 meters... How many meters is 5 to 7 level for HDB flat???:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SOC got act on that fateful nite? SOC stand around acting only. did SOC deploy water canon, tear gas, etc etc..? A big zero lor... maybe tear gas too expensive and worry water canon get wear out or there no water in the tank at all. only kelings ran out of mata chia to flip and burn and start to disperse on their own will did the mata start arresting. how many riots and how many caught on the actual nite?

even ordinary matakia no tear gas, a baton and shield more than enough. dont give me BS mata had no shield nonsense. ALL mata chia boot come will SOP items which include the shield, helmet and body armour. limpeh has friend once work for transport division during nsf, he know there standard riot gear inside EVERY mata chia boot.

maybe because transport division now outsourced to private company, so mata cannot activate the polis bus on sunday night needed for mass arrest, so lan lan had to excerise maximum restrain. wahaha......

That why I say peoples here seen to know everything... Why not get the SAF to throw some bombs... Everyone kill and siu kang... Or Get F16 to drop some missiles???

SOC start from form up, war cries... match forward... baton charge... If they disperse cordon the area...

Tear gas, water hose, pump gun will be use when they refuse to disperse or they form up again and again...

Please do not watch too much Hong Kong or Jackie Chan movies...:(

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That why I say peoples here seen to know everything... Why not get the SAF to throw some bombs... Everyone kill and siu kang... Or Get F16 to drop some missiles???

SOC start from form up, war cries... match forward... baton charge... If they disperse cordon the area...

Tear gas, water hose, pump gun will be use when they refuse to disperse or they form up again and again...

Please do not watch too much Hong Kong or Jackie Chan movies...:(

need pump gun? u want to kill many kelings huh?

knn, said lose liao then try to BS what SAF shd do. keling riot = MHA problem = SPF

mata really coward, everytime die die must outnumber the other parties before action. call mata because ah bengs fighting at voiddeck, knn take 30min before 4-5 mata chia appear despite mata chu only 15min stroll away. by then fighting parties long disappear liao. give limpeh warning for false report, knn ptui...

so mata is waiting for additional numbers to arrive lah, apparently SOC standby unit number must be smaller that the 400 kelings. izzit must activate the KINs first before mata will move in against rioters????

Yingge

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
need pump gun? u want to kill many kelings huh?

knn, said lose liao then try to BS what SAF shd do. keling riot = MHA problem = SPF

mata really coward, everytime die die must outnumber the other parties before action. call mata because ah bengs fighting at voiddeck, knn take 30min before 4-5 mata chia appear despite mata chu only 15min stroll away. by then fighting parties long disappear liao. give limpeh warning for false report, knn ptui...

so mata is waiting for additional numbers to arrive lah, apparently SOC standby unit number must be smaller that the 400 kelings. izzit must activate the KINs first before mata will move in against rioters????

If not need pump than what is the needs of tear gas??? What I am saying there is always next level of force... It does not mean they need to use all these which you saw it in the movies or those mob in Thailand...

If a moving forward or a baton charge can disperse the mobs... You do not need a tear gas...