• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Greenland Danga Bay – Jade Palace

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the Resi units are sold at nett loss considering land cost pdf alr at $1xxx
But the Retail will more than make up for it in Long Run.
Retail Rental will be comparable to Gold Mine.

:p

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frasers over-bid by some S$500m. So they certainly need to price it at 1.3k psf & above. Even at 1.3k psf, I think they are not making much, if at all, from the residential units. Main focus for them is to protect Northpoint at all cost.

Actually the point I was trying to make was comparing the sales during launches between SG and the Chinese projects in JB.
The ones in SG were only "soft launches" with little fanfare while those in JB were done with glitzy multi-million dollars marketing and extravagant show flats.
And yet, the SG launches managed to have many of their units snapped on the very first day despite the steep prices while in JB, they are still trying hard to sell more one year later the launch.
This clearly reflect the demand and supply at work.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the point I was trying to make was comparing the sales during launches between SG and the Chinese projects in JB.
The ones in SG were only "soft launches" with little fanfare while those in JB were done with glitzy multi-million dollars marketing and extravagant show flats.
And yet, the SG launches managed to have many of their units snapped on the very first day despite the steep prices while in JB, they are still trying hard to sell more one year later the launch.

Actually the SG mkt is weak too. First, you must consider SG has 5.5m population, compared to 3m for the entire Johor State. Secondly, SG developers are not doing soft launches by choice, but rather to avoid the bad media publicity of poor sales, should the mega-launch fail. In the past year, have you ever heard of a mega launch in SG, in contrast to 2 years ago when grand launches were the norm?

Third, using the example of Frasers, they are not making much money, if at all, at 1.3k psf but they are choosing to do so anyway because they know the market cant support 1.4k psf. Lastly, the loss making transactions are starting to tally up, esp at SG CCR, but so far, there has been no significant news of loss making transactions in Johor yet.

With the above factors in mind, I wouldn't overly run down JB while championing SG. I would be careful to invest in either properties too, given the current sentiments.

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal

Was thinking to get a unit in Danga Bay for own stay..
Now looks like spoilt for choices.. hmm,:biggrin:

lailailai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bros,

Would like to explore an unit @ JB,
For own stay lah..

Not too sure to look @ resales or new unit..
Good thing about resales you will see the actual unit sizes, the envirnoment, the type of residents..

Must we meet the 1Million cap for Resales unit ?
If really need to meet the 1Million cap,
Then maybe might hav to look @ new projects liao..still have 500-600k type..

Previously was considering Jade Palace,
Not too sure about the discount now they are giving out now.. Any bros here know ?

Now patiently waiting for prices to come down..Not urgent lah..
And think will be coming soon:biggrin:

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually the SG mkt is weak too. First, you must consider SG has 5.5m population, compared to 3m for the entire Johor State. Secondly, SG developers are not doing soft launches by choice, but rather to avoid the bad media publicity of poor sales, should the mega-launch fail. In the past year, have you ever heard of a mega launch in SG, in contrast to 2 years ago when grand launches were the norm?

Third, using the example of Frasers, they are not making much money, if at all, at 1.3k psf but they are choosing to do so anyway because they know the market cant support 1.4k psf. Lastly, the loss making transactions are starting to tally up, esp at SG CCR, but so far, there has been no significant news of loss making transactions in Johor yet.

With the above factors in mind, I wouldn't overly run down JB while championing SG. I would be careful to invest in either properties too, given the current sentiments.

Please do not misconstrue me, I am not here to champion or belittle any party for any reason.
Rather, just an observation on the property scene and what people are doing to market the products in a not too rosy climate.
You are right about the weak market sentiment in SG so developers have to dream up fanciful marketing strategies to move their units with "affordable prices", tons of freebies and such.
Many are hoping at least just to break even and not losing money.
So its now a buyers' market in SG and so is JB and I was just lamenting that Greenland may be having a hard time to launch now.
When the project is officially launched and the respond received, it will definitely be telling the future of the property story in JB perhaps at least in the next three to five years.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Please do not misconstrue me, I am not here to champion or belittle any party for any reason.
Rather, just an observation on the property scene and what people are doing to market the products in a not too rosy climate.
You are right about the weak market sentiment in SG so developers have to dream up fanciful marketing strategies to move their units with "affordable prices", tons of freebies and such.
Many are hoping at least just to break even and not losing money.
So its now a buyers' market in SG and so is JB and I was just lamenting that Greenland may be having a hard time to launch now.
When the project is officially launched and the respond received, it will definitely be telling the future of the property story in JB perhaps at least in the next three to five years.

If Greenland is smart, which they should be, being seasoned property players in China, they will be doing a lot of small-scale 'soft launches' to promote their project, and there wont be a so-called official launch. For example, KepLand overpaid for the Tiong Bahru plot, and many months later, Highline Residence is still stuck in the 'soft launch' phase......

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Greenland is smart, which they should be, being seasoned property players in China, they will be doing a lot of small-scale 'soft launches' to promote their project, and there wont be a so-called official launch. For example, KepLand overpaid for the Tiong Bahru plot, and many months later, Highline Residence is still stuck in the 'soft launch' phase......

Greenland may be a johnny-come-lately case with their competitors' earlier launches with 6 to 7,000 units sold.
They could be even get a windfall if the earlier launches were having roaring sales with most of the units snapped up and hence can even ask for a higher $$ psf.
But unfortunately, the sales had lost momentum with huge balance stock.
However they also have the advantage of that as hindsight, they probably have to be smarter with their marketing strategies and packages.