• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Govt has no issues with pay-TV price hike <-- konglanjiaowei

konglanjiaowei

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Jul 8, 2011

Govt has no issues with pay-TV price hike
StarHub will consider allowing customers to terminate contracts early

By Chua Hian Hou , Technology Correspondent

singtel-starhub-terencetan.jpg

The Government is not pressing the 'stop' button on SingTel and StarHub's plans to raise pay-TV prices. -- PHOTOS: TERENCE TAN, STARHUB

THE Government is not pressing the 'stop' button on SingTel and StarHub's plans to raise pay-TV prices.

Ms Eileen Ang, head of competition and market access at regulator Media Development Authority of Singapore (MDA), said it was notified of their rate adjustments earlier last month.

Read the full story in Friday's edition of The Straits Times.
[email protected]

www.facebook.com/hianhou

konglanjiaowei

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Latest comments

<table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table class="Post" style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Just Check out who are the major shareholders for telcos..

and u understand..

</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Posted by: kokoobird at Fri Jul 08 22:01:44 SGT 2011

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table class="AlternatePost" style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">No fair minded businessman would venture into a market that it perceives the market size will not be able to "consume". When high start-up is reqquire, they are even more wary. Each GLC still has its own performance KPI to meet !

</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Posted by: michaelaw at Fri Jul 08 16:36:33 SGT 2011

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table class="Post" style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">We have Carrefour and Diary Farm (Cold Storage, Giant & shop n save) in the supermarket business here.

But in the telecom market, we have 3 GLCs which belong to the same mother. Fake competition.

</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Posted by: Primeraligaforever at Fri Jul 08 16:07:22 SGT 2011

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table class="AlternatePost" style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">OScar 475, govt. can open the market but the market size may not be able to take it. Singapore growth also restricted by her population. Businessman also look at market size ! ! No restirction on Supermarket, so why does Metro, Tesco not come and "play" in Singapore market ? It is the size !

</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Posted by: michaelaw at Fri Jul 08 13:31:14 SGT 2011

</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="2"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left"><table class="Post" style="width: 100%;" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Conspiracy theory. If they promise not to raise this and that fees before election, how else will the mojo be squeezed out of the citizen? They have to raise here and there to extract the citizen off their lives. Otherwise how to live up to their reputation? 哈哈哈哈。

</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;" align="left">Posted by: Travis0507 at Fri Jul 08 12:01:15 SGT 2011
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you pay for tv, u must be daft. There are so many options on the Internet. Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, torrents etc. Just need to learn how to bypass the restrictions such as geographical restrictions which require u to be in U.S or even use a U.S credit card.

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you pay for tv, u must be daft. There are so many options on the Internet. Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, torrents etc. Just need to learn how to bypass the restrictions such as geographical restrictions which require u to be in U.S or even use a U.S credit card.

I never want to sign up as I don't watch TV much. The internet is a great source of information plus it is free.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Is How They Recover TV Licence Fee

Already stopped subscribing to the newspapers a long tie ago.

If Starhub goes on with it's increase I'll simply drop another pay channel. Did that when they discontinued the "Movie Lovers Package"

I've been thinking of dropping more movie channels since I noticed that my parents don't seem to be watching TV that much. Alot repeats & the new movies nowadays can't make it. I'll also look at the alternatives for them such as multimedia streaming boxes.

Forvendet

Alfrescian
Loyal
I've never subscribed to cable TV. I don't even watch much TV programs. For movies and series I like, I watch them on DVDs. For soccer games, I'd watch them in a pub if I'm free, otherwise no big deal.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am a cable tv subscriber, not considering cancelling it because I'm also using the hubstation free internet. the hubstation box monthly rental $8, HD $14. Starhub earn a lot from those boxes.

Lestat

Alfrescian
Loyal
Almost everything is available on the internet. Why is there a need to subscribe to pay tv?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This Is How They Recover TV Licence Fee

Nothing is new in SIN a land!, both Telcos are owned by you know who...the number of years we are paying TV Licence & paying for Pay for TV, we are paying double, that was why terminated the pay for TV aka cable TV & grumbled about the licence. I can watch movies by paying for Blue Ray Disc's or DVD's anything else Internet can watch. me not at a mercy to oligopolist & monopolist...have not missed anything.

Last edited:

sylvester134

Alfrescian
Loyal
I watch free very new movies at Baidu Movie.
Sometime certain movies state only can be view by China Folks, all you have to do is change the IP to china.
Get China IPs from HideMyAss.com

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Another thread of you sinkie losers got screwed by the govt again and just come here to type your sorrow on how painful your ass is.

No balls to protest and fight for your right. You bunch of worthless sinkie shits deserve to be screwed, Let's hope all the telco raise the price to the roof and screw you more.

shOUTloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's the fuss all about? Dun watch loh. Spend time reading to your kids. Go paktoh with your wife. Bring your parents out for dinner. Jio friends for drinks. So many things to do without TV.

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Stupid people still sign up for cable TV. There are better option buy a box that less than $300 will settle.