• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Good Retired ISD Agent Chua Mui Hoong Can't Find Bak Chor Mee In Perth! Samsters Any Recommedations?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
wgt-BCM-280923.jpg

Call me tam chiak (Hokkien for greedy), but if there is one thing I miss about Singapore since I left the city-state three months ago, it is Singapore food. Not just any food – here in Perth, I live a short drive away from multiple Singaporean/Malaysian restaurants offering daily access to char kway teow, chicken rice, hor fun, satay, even kway chap. It is another dish that is hard to come by – bak chor mee (lovingly shortened to BCM for those in the know).

This dish of minced pork noodles – of noodles cooked al dente, usually served with minced pork and slivers of liver, tossed in a sauce of chilli, vinegar and lard, with a flavourful soup to go with it – looks deceptively easy but is notoriously hard to make. It is also, as far as I can tell, a uniquely Singaporean dish.

https://www.straitstimes.com/opinio...-uniquely-singaporean-minced-pork-noodle-dish

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
1696042679969.jpeg

Bak Chor Mee from Ya Kwang at Spencer Village Thornlie was soooooo delicious and under $10

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Better stick to eating white banana down under, Miss Chua.

By the way, has she been promoted to the 'Sumiko' role by SPH? The 'let me share snippets of my life while pretending to be a journalist' role. :rolleyes: