• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Good agents or bad agents, share here

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Are U referring to Management office?
If I am not wrong, you can ask the Mgmt office staff (single out the more senior staff, pay her some coffee money).
She will help to spread the word around that yr unit is ready for rental when agents call at their office.

hi, any one can recommend me a good agent to rent our my Molek Pine (1) unit???
Please let me know or PM me if needed. My current agent been trying to rent it out since Dec'13 but cant get any people.

I need some advise as well. My friend asked me to ask the Maintenance office to look for for potential for me as well - acting as my agent.... this is real????

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi normally how much coffee money is OK ?
If I am not wrong, you can ask the Mgmt office staff (single out the more senior staff, pay her some coffee money).
She will help to spread the word around that yr unit is ready for rental when agents call at their office.

Sunday

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks but what is the current rate???

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
As I just replied to gooddebt, any amt is ok, a minimal amt will do.
When you pass the money to the staff, do it discreetly. At the same time, hand her yr house keys, provided you can trust them of course.
If any agent want to view your house, tell office staff to ask agent to call you first. So you need to give your contact to the office staff.
After agent called U and fixed the date for viewing, you have to call back that particular office staff to inform her to release key to so and so.
Like that you will know who has viewed your house. Call back agent to find out outcome the following day.
You MUST inform agent to return all keys on the same day of viewing to office staff.

Of course since the house is yours and you 'pang shim' give the keys to the office staff, and then the keys go merry-go-round, it's yr responsibility to follow up every detail. In case the keys got lost, or yr house items go missing, you can track them.

If you are not comfortable, pls don't do this.

As landlords we want to get tenants fast. Don't stick to one agent.

Thanks but what is the current rate???

Last edited:

bentochg

Anyone deal with brokers before instead of property agents ? They are charging 2% - seller & 1% from buyer. Seems like there are a few in the market now a days in jb.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know how much % to pay commission to agent in JB, please? In Singapore it is one month for a 2-year lease. Any "standard" practice in JB?

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know how much % to pay commission to agent in JB, please? In Singapore it is one month for a 2-year lease. Any "standard" practice in JB?

Why not DIY for rental? Bypass the agents. When you deal directly with the prospective tenants, you understand and assess them more thoroughly, with agents you get second hand info about tenants which are sometimes inaccurate. The rental agreement is standard, just add in additional terms.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not DIY for rental? Bypass the agents. When you deal directly with the prospective tenants, you understand and assess them more thoroughly, with agents you get second hand info about tenants which are sometimes inaccurate. The rental agreement is standard, just add in additional terms.

I'm in Singapore most of the time. So bringing potential tenants around is a hassle. I don't mind paying a month rental commission if the agent can handle the legal documents and negotiate well for me.

A big problem with this approach is when I see propertyguru or iproperty listings, I think the agents in Malaysia need to polish up more. Some put wrong unit photos, some photos have grandparents walking around, some photos require me to turn my head 90 deg to see, some provide wrong details of the unit etc :*:

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm in Singapore most of the time. So bringing potential tenants around is a hassle. I don't mind paying a month rental commission if the agent can handle the legal documents and negotiate well for me.

A big problem with this approach is when I see propertyguru or iproperty listings, I think the agents in Malaysia need to polish up more. Some put wrong unit photos, some photos have grandparents walking around, some photos require me to turn my head 90 deg to see, some provide wrong details of the unit etc :*:

If you DIY, you can just do a Sunday or saturday open house in morning or afternoon. You can see the prospective tenants face to face, negotiate the rent on the spot, with agents you go ding dong to and fro with the rental$ nego, etc etc. I saw a JB endlot that was cheap but the problem was the tenant turned the whole house into a junkyard for his business. Isn't the agent supposed to screen the tenant for him?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
My challenge would be how to source for potential tenants. I actually dun mind paying a month commission to a good agent who helps to find good tenant i.e. those tt pay on time n don't damage e house. Pls let me know if u have good agent to recommend. Thanks.

good2

Alfrescian
Loyal
My challenge would be how to source for potential tenants. I actually dun mind paying a month commission to a good agent who helps to find good tenant i.e. those tt pay on time n don't damage e house. Pls let me know if u have good agent to recommend. Thanks.

Frankly, JB agents (no personal insult meant to anyone) are kinda lacklustre in their approach, they don't seem keen to have business.
So, I really wouldn't dare to recommend any agent becos I am afraid they will let you down.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly, JB agents (no personal insult meant to anyone) are kinda lacklustre in their approach, they don't seem keen to have business.
So, I really wouldn't dare to recommend any agent becos I am afraid they will let you down.

I share the same view. I recall previously there were a lot of complaints against agents in this forum. Let's see how it goes!

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Much as we like to DIY ourselves to meet prospective tenants, but the problem is when agents bring their clients around, they normally arrange a few viewings on the same day, to please their clients. We may miss the chance if we don't meet their timing. Moreover, corporate clients sometimes come in batches. There is a good chance if they ask for 2nd viewing. So from experience, I think it's better to accommodate to agent's timing. The experienced agents somehow have their contacts with companies as to when their next batch of staff is coming in to rent. That's why sometimes there is high and dull periods.

If you DIY, you can just do a Sunday or saturday open house in morning or afternoon. You can see the prospective tenants face to face, negotiate the rent on the spot, with agents you go ding dong to and fro with the rental$ nego, etc etc. I saw a JB endlot that was cheap but the problem was the tenant turned the whole house into a junkyard for his business. Isn't the agent supposed to screen the tenant for him?

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Actually I don't know the difference between broker and property agent; I thought these people call themselves 'negotiator' in M'sia.

Anyone deal with brokers before instead of property agents ? They are charging 2% - seller & 1% from buyer. Seems like there are a few in the market now a days in jb.

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
We don't really know whether they are good or not until they move in. Good as in prompt payment and taking good care of your house.
Bad as in must chase rental every now and then, don't take proper care of your house, esp air con servicing, weekly housekeeping. So it's heng or sway!

kawan2sgmy

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add further to rental agreement, create an Inventory List, including how many sets of keys, access card, car label (apply more to condo tenant). After tenant move out at term expiry, check all the items against the Inventory List, makes easy work. Any damaged/missing item, deduct from rental deposit, allow for reasonable wear and tear for certain items.