• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Going bald?

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
but bear in mind supplement is islotated and highly refine process product, it do harmful to ur body especially ur liver. u r really concern ur health, i may suggest u have a wholesome raw diet(start slowly), please don't overbelieve in supplement product, super foods r just beside u and they r cheaply,

Thats why I include multivitamin & a wide range of supplements. In some cases its not possible to get the same benefits from eating natural foods, e.g. the resveratrol extract I'm taking, one pill is equivalent to drinking 200 glasses of red wine. I don't drink alcoholics beverages, so without supplements I would not be getting the benefits of resveratrol.

I am now taking one meal of homemade of multi-vegetable soup per day. The only raw things I'm eating are fruits. Don't see myself eating anything else raw :smile:

Included in my supplement protocol are some super foods; chlorella, green barely & spirulina. The health drink I'm taking everyday is contains pure organic goji, mangostein, & Acai.

The high cost of supplements is because of the wide range of DIFFERENT products. :wink:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those ordering online... a word of advice... order online yourself...

There are no restrictions on ordering supplements from the US. Anyone can do it as long as they have a credit card.

Unlike ordering electronics where places like Amazon will not send to a non-US address. Even a cable is considered an electronic device :eek:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thats why I include multivitamin & a wide range of supplements. In some cases its not possible to get the same benefits from eating natural foods, e.g. the resveratrol extract I'm taking, one pill is equivalent to drinking 200 glasses of red wine. I don't drink alcoholics beverages, so without supplements I would not be getting the benefits of resveratrol.

I am now taking one meal of homemade of multi-vegetable soup per day. The only raw things I'm eating are fruits. Don't see myself eating anything else raw :smile:

Included in my supplement protocol are some super foods; chlorella, green barely & spirulina. The health drink I'm taking everyday is contains pure organic goji, mangostein, & Acai.

The high cost of supplements is because of the wide range of DIFFERENT products. :wink:

The resveratrol u get also prevents u from getting drunk since imagine u need to drink 200 glasses of red wine. :biggrin:

Anyway i wonder how humans managed to survive till today? Everyone must have been unhealthy. :rolleyes:

Few ppl take as many supplements as you man. Even those with money won't want to be swallowing pills all day.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyway i wonder how humans managed to survive till today? Everyone must have been unhealthy. :rolleyes:

Few ppl take as many supplements as you man. Even those with money won't want to be swallowing pills all day.

I predict we will die younger than our parents. Our lifestyle is more pressurized with more unhealthy preservatives, additives, chemicals in our food chain. When I had my heart problem, the blood tests indicated a high level of lead. Sporeans are being increasingly exposed to pollution from cars, plastics, man made chemicals

There is an increasing number of people now aware of the dangers of modern living. In KL I see many organic foods being offered at supermarket. There are many supplemental stores offering affordable products. GNC can't compete with these stores. :smile:

Personally know many people who are taking alot of supplements but many did so only after suffering illnesses. Do you remember the actress Suzzane Sommers(3's a company)? When she had cancer she started taking an enormous amount of supplements & her cancer has receded. She even wrote a health book :smile: Go to Amazon & you will find plenty of books about how to use these supplements.

How do you think people like LKY are trying to live longer :biggrin:
You can't take it with you when you go, so might as well spend some of it to stay around longer. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Think about it we spend so much on getting a home, car, branded goods, but how much do we spend on our health:confused:

Car owners spend spend more on parking,ERP,oil, then they do on their health:eek:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was suffering from a bald patch on top of my head. I thought it was part of getting old. When I had some health problem with my heart I started taking supplements CoQ10 & lots of different antioxodant; grape seed, resveratrol, green tea, lutein, vitamin E, Vit C, cod liver oil ...

The bald spot is now gone!

So for those thinking of going to places like Hui Nam, etc & spending $$$, you might be better off improving your diet with supplements & improving overall health. :smile:

Hey, baldness could be cool. Ang Moh chicks like bald guys. Here in Oz, a lot of bald Ang Moh guys have hot chicks with them.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
All those cokes, Big Macs, KFC, have caught up with me & I had heart problems. My doctor has recommended an operation & prescribed alot of medication which have side effects. I've avoided the dangerous operation & medication & instead using supplements & chelation.

. :smile:

Sorry to hear about this but one way you could relieve your heart problems along with supplements would be through excercises. You need not necessarily visit a gym but just about 1/2 hour of walk each day should yeild good results. You may take on other excercises but you should only do so after consulting your doctor.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You need not necessarily visit a gym but just about 1/2 hour of walk each day should yeild good results. You may take on other excercises but you should only do so after consulting your doctor.

Already back to walking normally. Now feel good enough to start exercise.

The funny thing is that my ex-cardiologist would only recommend medications, heart surgery, & taking it easy. He also didn't think much of supplements :biggrin:

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already back to walking normally. Now feel good enough to start exercise.

The funny thing is that my ex-cardiologist would only recommend medications, heart surgery, & taking it easy. He also didn't think much of supplements :biggrin:

Good to hear you are doing well.
Most doctors are standard. They will only recommend antibiotics and pain killers but I have not come across any of them recommend supplements. My mother had balooning done after a heart attack and we are getting her to take supplements now.

Satan

Alfrescian
Loyal
The resveratrol u get also prevents u from getting drunk since imagine u need to drink 200 glasses of red wine. :biggrin:

Its true. We are leving in a very unhealthy environment. In those days, my father used to walk or cycle to work. These days people tend to take a bus or worst drive even if the destination is about 5 minutes walk away and many of these guys these days are sort of "allergic" to excerises. Some of the contractors I knew of in my ex company always tend to take their customers out for very rich food and drinks are always a must when with them. Its no wonder that High blood pressure, diabetes, kidney and live failure are getting very common these days.

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi john, the amount of $ u spent on those product is enough to buy organic food. i can't but my diet is about 70% organic and about 60% raw. sorry john i still insist supplement is purely commerical product and isoltaed which our body can't manage well. u may do researh on internet about nature diet to inproving one health. :o

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My mother had balooning done after a heart attack and we are getting her to take supplements now.

Yep, my cardiologist in Sporer tried to do balloning(stenting) but after having a look, didn't procceed because had too many blockages. I'm not surprise the doctor didn't recomend diet & supplements for yourr your mothers :mad: My cardiologist also has a blind spot, never suggested diet, supplements, or excercise :eek:

I was kinda naive & didn't kow much about it so trusted the doctor, but since then I've had a chance to read up on the subject. Balloning can be dangerous & its results are limited, repeated stenting may be required. Same thing with open heart surgery.

In Malaysia where I got my chelation therapy, I met alot of patients who are doing chelation & using supplements, instead of going for surgical procedures. I know some doctors in Spore who do chelation but they do it on the quiet :rolleyes: Cardiologists are making too much $$$ doing stenting & surgical procedures, so they are very defensive over their invasive procedures.

If you understand the causes of heart problems, it makes sense to use diet & supplements for a long term solution. For your mother I recommend CoQ10, at least 100mg per day. Cod liver oil(a natural blood thinner), go for those that are molecurely distilled to remove pollutants. Be sure to take Vit E with tocopherol & tocotrienols. Latest research shows that Vit E with tocopherol & tocotrienols are more active. Unfortunatly the only place you'll find this type of Vitamin is at GNC for $120/bottle. Thats why I get Carlson E-Gems elite from the states at only US$23.75/bottle :biggrin:

There are of course cheaper vit E from NTUC, Guardian, but these include only have the tocopherols.

Can read up on supplements for heart problems. One book that is available at the Bishan public Library is "The Sinatra Solution" by Stephen T.Sinatra M.M., F.A.C.C. Dr, Sinatra also has a website where he sells recommended supplements, http://www.drsinatra.com/

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi john, the amount of $ u spent on those product is enough to buy organic food. i can't but my diet is about 70% organic and about 60% raw. sorry john i still insist supplement is purely commerical product and isoltaed which our body can't manage well. u may do researh on internet about nature diet to inproving one health. :o

Organic foods are also commercial products :smile:

I have gone to the wet market & seen organic beef being sold for $20+. I can only afford the organic vegetable that go into my vegetable soup. Also face time constrains so only have 1 home cook meal per day. For breakfast I have oats with rasins, lunch is vegetable soup, dinner is a sandwich with brown bread.

Heard that the best diets is Macrobiotics, will look further into it when I have more time. :rolleyes:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sufficient sleep and moderate cardiovuscular excercise are the best way to keep one healthy. That my regime.

I don't need that many supplements. The only threat to anyone's health are cancers. Can happen to anyone irregardless of health and age. Regular medical check-up is the best prevention for cancers.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sufficient sleep and moderate cardiovuscular excercise are the best way to keep one healthy. That my regime.

I don't need that many supplements. The only threat to anyone's health are cancers. Can happen to anyone irregardless of health and age. Regular medical check-up is the best prevention for cancers.

Yes, sleep is very important but how many of us can get 8 hours of it? I'm having problems getting enough sleep because of "worries" :(

How old are you? You'll start seeing problem in your 40's. The major problems are type II diabetes, heart & cancer. Heart problems is caused by lead, trans fats. etc. Even seemingly healthy people can drop dead from heart failures. Don't forget about hyper tension. If you survive, expect to have eye problems. I sometimes follow my mother to GH, & I see alot of old people with eye problems. :(

Even if you go for regular checkups, if they detect a cancer its too late. Only medical treatments such as chemo therapy is damn siong.

More studies are showing that supplements do prevent illneses e.g. lycopene(from tomatoe) prevents prostrate cancer. Antioxidant prevent inflamation of the heart etc. So if you think you don't need supplents, better go read up more. Don't be another statistic like me :(

Neh_Neh_Pok

Alfrescian
Loyal
thaman.jpg

"Hmm.. looks like I need to shave off my hairy leg hair and inplant some on my head soon neh"

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, sleep is very important but how many of us can get 8 hours of it? I'm having problems getting enough sleep because of "worries" :(

How old are you? You'll start seeing problem in your 40's. The major problems are type II diabetes, heart & cancer. Heart problems is caused by lead, trans fats. etc. Even seemingly healthy people can drop dead from heart failures. Don't forget about hyper tension. If you survive, expect to have eye problems. I sometimes follow my mother to GH, & I see alot of old people with eye problems. :(

Even if you go for regular checkups, if they detect a cancer its too late. Only medical treatments such as chemo therapy is damn siong.

More studies are showing that supplements do prevent illneses e.g. lycopene(from tomatoe) prevents prostrate cancer. Antioxidant prevent inflamation of the heart etc. So if you think you don't need supplents, better go read up more. Don't be another statistic like me :(

Not to say supplements are useless but I rather pin point the likely problem areas when comes to supplements.

Cancer can be cure at early stage thus early detection is the best approach. Certain supplements can help to prevent certain cancer but they are no guarantee.

There are people who don't smoke and drink yet they still get cancer. What can I say?

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not to say supplements are useless but I rather pin point the likely problem areas when comes to supplements.

Cancer can be cure at early stage thus early detection is the best approach. Certain supplements can help to prevent certain cancer but they are no guarantee.

There are people who don't smoke and drink yet they still get cancer. What can I say?

Suspect the word cancer is a catch all term to decribe diseases doctors don't understand.

Know someone who got lung cancer because she was exposed to 2nd hand smoke from her boss. After years of exposure she got ill. She had to quit her job & went to a Malaysian clinic which taught healthy living; what & how to cook, meditation, etc. Her boss died of lung cancer :rolleyes:

Supplementation may only be part of the answer, other factors such as lifestyle & genetics,.... :rolleyes:

That where I'm starting, proper diet & supplementation, next step is to improve my lfestyle :smile: