• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Going bald?

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I've come across the nutrition park site before & while they have good prices the selection of general health products are limited.

Everyone should be taking CoQ10, Vit E(tocopherols & tocotrienols), etc which they don't offer. I think nutrition park is targeted at the physical fitness crowd.

One thing about www.iherb.com is that they offer "extra" discounts based on the amount of previous purchases. Since my previous order was over US$1,000, I come under their VIP category. Any subsequent orders will enjoy an extra 9% discount. From time to time they also email me special offers. :biggrin:

Yes nutrition park is for the fitness crowd which conindentially also very interested in taking all these supplements. Perhaps what u meant is that nutrition parks sells those muscle building type of stuff like whey protein, creatin etc while ur stuff is more towards general health?

The stuff that i take everyday are fish oil capsules, omega 3 oil.

ANyway many ppl have differing viewpoints on supplements, some think it's just a marketing ploy and it's like selling candies.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Y

The stuff that i take everyday are fish oil capsules, omega 3 oil.

ANyway many ppl have differing viewpoints on supplements, some think it's just a marketing ploy and it's like selling candies.

I'm also taking a liquid form of Omega 3 which is very impt for heart health. So is L-arginine, Carnithine, CoQ10, Vit E, Grapeseed, pycnogenol, green tea extract, potassium & magnesium, etc.

Theres alot of different things you need for basic health thats not available at nutrition park but available from stores in the US.

The fact that there are alot of sick people everywhere suffering from heart, diabetes, cancers is a good indication that people are not getting the necessary nutrition. I for one don't think its a marketing ploy. How do people expect to get the necessary nutrition from chicken rice, wanton mee, MacD. etc? All the processing that goes on with our food is depleteing the nutrients & the additives are bad for health. Theres alot of literature out there supporting supplementation

All those cokes, Big Macs, KFC, have caught up with me & I had heart problems. My doctor has recommended an operation & prescribed alot of medication which have side effects. I've avoided the dangerous operation & medication & instead using supplements & chelation.

One of the benefits of using supplements is the disappearance of balding. :smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm also taking a liquid form of Omega 3 which is very impt for heart health. So is L-arginine, Carnithine, CoQ10, Vit E, Grapeseed, pycnogenol, green tea extract, potassium & magnesium, etc.

Theres alot of different things you need for basic health thats not available at nutrition park but available from stores in the US.

The fact that there are alot of sick people everywhere suffering from heart, diabetes, cancers is a good indication that people are not getting the necessary nutrition. I for one don't think its a marketing ploy. How do people expect to get the necessary nutrition from chicken rice, wanton mee, MacD. etc? All the processing that goes on with our food is depleteing the nutrients & the additives are bad for health. Theres alot of literature out there supporting supplementation

All those cokes, Big Macs, KFC, have caught up with me & I had heart problems. My doctor has recommended an operation & prescribed alot of medication which have side effects. I've avoided the dangerous operation & medication & instead using supplements & chelation.

One of the benefits of using supplements is the disappearance of balding. :smile:

I concur that these types of foods are unhealthy. Hence we need to eat more home cooked food. Yet take me for eg. Not interested in cooking, cos it's such a hassle buying veggies, fish etc using cooking utensils, then cleaning everything and plus my cooked food wun taste as good as outside food so yes supplements should be taken.

ANyway u said u spent more than 1 K USD on it? Wouldn't u save more by simply eating more home cooked food?

I agree that ppl especially those of today whom eat hawker and fast food since many ppl do not want the hassle of preparing fresher food.

I feel that the amount of supplements u take is a bit overkill, how many pills do u take per day?

Btw what would u reccomend for ppl here? U know the most important ones.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ANyway u said u spent more than 1 K USD on it? Wouldn't u save more by simply eating more home cooked food?

I agree that ppl especially those of today whom eat hawker and fast food since many ppl do not want the hassle of preparing fresher food.

I feel that the amount of supplements u take is a bit overkill, how many pills do u take per day?

Btw what would u reccomend for ppl here? U know the most important ones.

The 1K USD is for a couple of months supply. I'm taking 20+ products per day. At iHerb there are further discounts on some products if you buy quantities of 3 or more.

Its nowdays difficult to eat properly because the intensive farming practises have resulted in less nutrittious foods. They are using the same piece of land again & again. They are also using genetic modified crops which may be a problem. The meats are tainted with hormones & chemicals. We need supplements to makeup for the deficit & counter the pollutants.

If you can afford it eat organic foods. In Malaysia they seem to be ahead with more organic foods at the supermarkets. In Spore the choice is pathetic & of course expensive.

Everyone should be taking Omega 3 & antioxidants. Just make sure to take a wide range of antioxidants. There are single products which provide multi-antioxidants. Take a look at "Jarrows Antioxidant Optimizer" at iHerb which contains Vit C, lutein, lycopene, grape seed, green tea, etc

Another essential is Vit E(tocopherols & tocotrienol) such as Carlsons E-Gems Elite(400IU) which is much cheaper than the GNC product which cost a ridiculous $120+. Also consider taking CoQ10, take at least 100mg per day. All available at iHerb & nice thing about the iHerb site is that they list all the ingredients

Add a good multi-vitamin to the list. If you can, consider adding "colloidal minerals"(from plant) for those trace elements. It only comes in liquid form. I take TRC Nutritional Lab Colloidal minerals, only US$10

I'm also taking added things like Spirulina, Chlorella, Goji, L-Arginine, Carnitin, Lipoic Acid, Garlic. phosphatidyl, D-ribose, resveratrol, etc & even trying out a natural toothpaste. I am doing so because of specific heart health problems I'm trying to rectify. Not all the stuff I'm taking is available in Spore & paying $40 on shipping is a reasonable cost for the LARGE box I received.

Many don't think about one's health until we start feeling old or ill. Its damn expensive to be ill in Spore. Prevention is cheaper:rolleyes:

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you can afford it eat organic foods.
Everyone should be taking Omega 3 & antioxidants.
Another essential is Vit E(tocopherols & tocotrienol).
Also consider taking CoQ10, take at least 100mg per day.
Add a good multi-vitamin to the list.
I'm also taking added things like Spirulina, Chlorella, Goji, L-Arginine, Carnitin, Lipoic Acid, Garlic. phosphatidyl, D-ribose, resveratrol, etc

Take so many different products everyday very leceh lah...... this old man swears by the old traditional faithful Tongkat Ali root :biggrin:
Just drinking it every morning my balding patch has disappeared with thick black hair in its place..... my white hairs have also turned black..... I have more energy than people half my age..... my body remains taut and toned..... but there is one side effect ........ I always get hard down there so frequently that so many syt mei meis keep getting attracted to me :biggrin:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Take so many different products everyday very leceh lah...... this old man swears by the old traditional faithful Tongkat Ali root

Yes, its a pain to have keep track & take so may supplements.After so much practise I can swallow all within 10 minutes.

I'm willing to invest the time & money because I have heart condition & maybe other problems waiting to appear.

Where are you getting your Tongkat Ali from , Malaysia or Indonesia? Heard that the good stuff comes from medan but the genuine stuff is expensive

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, its a pain to have keep track & take so may supplements.After so much practise I can swallow all within 10 minutes.

I'm willing to invest the time & money because I have heart condition & maybe other problems waiting to appear.

Where are you getting your Tongkat Ali from , Malaysia or Indonesia? Heard that the good stuff comes from medan but the genuine stuff is expensive

Why you take so many supplements? For health or just to keep your hair?

I would think TCM would be a better option in your case .

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why you take so many supplements? For health or just to keep your hair?

I would think TCM would be a better option in your case .

Cannot afford the hospitalisation costs in Spore. Was in hospital a few months ago & its damn expensive.

I also want to avoid painfull & dangerous surgery so using chelation & supplements to clear the blockages & hopefully avoid other illnesses.

Many of the supplements e.g. green tea extract are chinese origin what :smile:

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cannot afford the hospitalisation costs in Spore. Was in hospital a few months ago & its damn expensive.

I also want to avoid painfull & dangerous surgery so using chelation & supplements to clear the blockages & hopefully avoid other illnesses.

Think it better not to eat supplement blindly. TCM physician can detect which organs are weak and need supplements. They can even detect people who don't eat vegi. Happens to my friend.

Base on my limited understanding of TCM, hairloss problem can be link to your kidney rather than heart. If you have persistence dark eye circle and hairloss, it quite likely link to your kidney

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

so ur taking these to prevent those health problems?

Btw do u feel it is a bit late to do it?

Also there's something called subconscious placebo effect, like u think those supplements are helping you but in reality maybe your mind is the one making u think ur hair and sickness did not come back not cos of the supplements

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Think it better not to eat supplement blindly. TCM physician can detect which organs are weak and need supplements. They can even detect people who don't eat vegi. Happens to my friend.

The choice of supplemets is from reading the various health books & suggestions from a GP. Used to go to a cadiologist who prescribed alot of expensive medications & tests such as blood thinners, satines, etc. Couldn't afford the $300 TO $500 monthly visits.

Already know the organs I need to strengthen. The supplements I'm taking are all from natural sources. I've never heard of anyone having health problems because of over supplementation :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
so ur taking these to prevent those health problems?

Btw do u feel it is a bit late to do it?

Also there's something called subconscious placebo effect, like u think those supplements are helping you but in reality maybe your mind is the one making u think ur hair and sickness did not come back not cos of the supplements

I'm still alive, so its not too late to try to improve my health. :biggrin:

Many people start looking after themselves ONLY after a serious illness. Since I've started taking supplementation I've notice disappearance of bald patches, faster hair & nail growth, disappearance of old scars. The hair thingy was brought to my attention by my barber & so not a placebo effect.

Disappearance of angina is also not a case of a placebo effect. Had difficulty walking short distances because of neck pains & would be out of breath caused by blood flow blockage. My ex-cardiologist warned me against walking up steps or face the possibility of suffering another heart attack. I now have no problems with walking long distances & have resumed my JB visits by bus. Anyone who's visited JB by bus know how much walking is involved.

I've stopped taking all my medication & relying solely on supplements.

However since I'm doing Chelation, External counter pulsation & supplementation, I can't really say that supplemetation was solely responsible for my improvement.

I still have enough in my Medisave for the recommended by-pass operation but from the medical literature, its obvious by-pass operations are dangerous & is not a permanent fix. However I personally know people who have taken the chealtion/supplementation/diet route & they are still alive.

Think of supplementation as an investment for your old age.
:rolleyes:

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
Think of supplementation as an investment for your old age.
:rolleyes

hi john, i agreed with u prevention is always better than cure.especially the cost of medicial here is super suck! but my personal thought ur prevention is way too"ex" and quite unnecessary. that is a way of living healthly more "naturely" . supplement is an isolated product and not a whole product which is infact quite harmful to ur body. equirp more knowledge on whole food instead of high refine food. such as eating brown rice instead of high refined white rice.eating plenty of fruit and vege, manage ur stress well etc etc is contribute to a good health. we r just share hope no hard feeling, and happy new yr :smile:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
hi john, i agreed with u prevention is always better than cure.especially the cost of medicial here is super suck! but my personal thought ur prevention is way too"ex" and quite unnecessary. that is a way of living healthly more "naturely" . supplement is an isolated product and not a whole product which is infact quite harmful to ur body. equirp more knowledge on whole food instead of high refine food. such as eating brown rice instead of high refined white rice.eating plenty of fruit and vege, manage ur stress well etc etc is contribute to a good health. we r just share hope no hard feeling, and happy new yr :smile:

I am aware that I'm taking alot of products. Its an attempt to rectify past sins of cokes & Macs. After about a year I will be reducing the number of products & then rotate between products.

I should by then be healthier & out of danger of a relapse. Yes the supplements are expensive but cheaper than the medical alternatives. Its no fun being stuck in the Intensive Care Unit & then with $$$ bill.

Though If I had the money I would like to continue taking as wide a range of supplements as possible, it is always better to be on the safe side.

Remember supplements are to supplement ones diet. Theres no harm if you have extra nutrients. At most the body will discard the extras.

In the book "Dead Doctors Don't Lie", Dr. Joel Wallach believes illnesses are caused by nutrient deficiencies. There are 90 nutrient humans need each & every day. Its hard to get all these nutrients if you eat the typical Spore hawker food.

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
For those ordering online... a word of advice... order online yourself... there are cons out there who claim to have "special offers" and hope others will order through them... of course.. the products then delivered are either fake or of sub-quality standard...

For old sammyboy nicks.. remember the 'luncheon meat offer' and the 'huge phone software discounts' from a fugitive con man.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those ordering online... a word of advice... order online yourself... there are cons out there who claim to have "special offers" and hope others will order through them... of course.. the products then delivered are either fake or of sub-quality standard...

For old sammyboy nicks.. remember the 'luncheon meat offer' and the 'huge phone software discounts' from a fugitive con man.. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

a hint maybe someone would offer to buy these products for forummers?:biggrin::biggrin:

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
a hint maybe someone would offer to buy these products for forummers?:biggrin::biggrin:

yes bro... and that someone is also hoping forumers offer to buy through him.. :biggrin::biggrin:... and either delivery fake or sub-standard products or disappear with the money...

one can see through the trick when that someone is over-zealously promoting the supplements with this type of statement (which is false):

Remember supplements are to supplement ones diet. Theres no harm if you have extra nutrients. At most the body will discard the extras.
[unquote]

boring

Alfrescian
Loyal
In the book "Dead Doctors Don't Lie", Dr. Joel Wallach believes illnesses are caused by nutrient deficiencies. There are 90 nutrient humans need each & every day. Its hard to get all these nutrients if you eat the typical Spore hawker food.[/QUOTE]

yes i agreed by eating typical hawker food will due to nutrient deficiency. but bear in mind supplement is islotated and highly refine process product, it do harmful to ur body especially ur liver. u r really concern ur health, i may suggest u have a wholesome raw diet(start slowly), please don't overbelieve in supplement product, super foods r just beside u and they r cheaply,