• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng's myopic logic...

Z

Zombie

As long as this government keeps open their legs to pack more stupid FTs into this tiny dot, the demand from FTs will always be there to keep prices up. :rolleyes:

yeah... many FTs will take up citizenship and buy as new buyers..
and there is nothing to stop them if they want to move on to another country some years later, since the cost of temporarily-owning a new flat would be cheaper than renting in the open market...:eek:

it will only benefit more FTs at the expense of Sinkies...

on one hand, Oppo complains too many FTs
on the other, Oppo wants more to come

:biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
That's why if there are 2 markets as suggested. One for Singaporean only and one for FTs and speculators like you to gamble, so why complain? :rolleyes:

yeah... many FTs will take up citizenship and buy as new buyers..
and there is nothing to stop them if they want to move on to another country some years later, since the cost of temporarily-owning a new flat would be cheaper than renting in the open market...:eek:

it will only benefit more FTs at the expense of Sinkies...

on one hand, Oppo complains too many FTs
on the other, Oppo wants more to come

Z

Zombie

That's why if there are 2 markets as suggested. One for Singaporean only and one for FTs and speculators like you to gamble, so why complain? :rolleyes:

you joking or what... FTs took up citizenships are not Singaporeans?

GMS is trying to breakup the society?
1st class citizen, 2nd class citizen...?
You guys are creating more problems...

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Don't insult our intelligence with your spin. What Citizen... you never heard of PRs can buy HDB resale?

And keep you axed on GMS to yourself please. I am only concern about the escalating price of HDB flats that has keep out of reach of every young working Singaporean.

you joking or what... FTs took up citizenships are not Singaporeans?

GMS is trying to breakup the society?
1st class citizen, 2nd class citizen...?
You guys are creating more problems...

Z

Zombie

Don't insult our intelligence with your spin. What Citizen... you never heard of PRs can buy HDB resale?

And keep you axed on GMS to yourself please. I am only concern about the escalating price of HDB flats that has keep out of reach of every young working Singaporean.

you did not read my post properly... PRs can always choose to rent until they get their citizenships, then buy new flats as new buyers from HDB... imagine the great savings they get for waiting probably 1 to 2 years... don't insult their intelligence by thinking that they will always want to buy immediately from resale market...

you started the exchange with me and when you fail to reason, you want me to axe GMS? :eek: :biggrin:

Glaringly

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
As if you quote me in context? :rolleyes:

Anyway there are enough content for readers to choose which intelligence. :biggrin:

you did not read my post properly... PRs can always choose to rent until they get their citizenships, then buy new flats as new buyers from HDB... imagine the great savings they get for waiting probably 1 to 2 years... don't insult their intelligence by thinking that they will always want to buy immediately from resale market...

you started the exchange with me and when you fail to reason, you want me to axe GMS? :eek: :biggrin:

Z

Zombie

As if you quote me in context? :rolleyes:

Anyway there are enough content for readers to choose which intelligence. :biggrin:

let's agree to disagree without resorting to mudslinging...

let the tampines voters make the choice... peace :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

ivebert

Alfrescian
Loyal

In the end, singaporeans gain from FT

Only unemployed, useless and uneducated uncles lose out
:oIo:

Z

Zombie

In the end, singaporeans gain from FT
Only unemployed, useless and uneducated uncles lose out

yes, those unemployed, useless and uneducated uncles lose out when their only asset turned negative..

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS still insists he is right about removing housing grants. I suppose if this clown has the authority to move proposals (which I hope he will never have), he'll probably take away biz loans - probably citing unnecessary repayments and take away rebates and relief handouts - probably citing they promote laziness.

Now you know why he is a failure in his his business and in politics.

Shawshank

Alfrescian
Loyal
GMS still insists he is right about removing housing grants. I suppose if this clown has the authority to move proposals (which I hope he will never have), he'll probably take away biz loans - probably citing unnecessary repayments and take away rebates and relief handouts - probably citing they promote laziness.

Now you know why he is a failure in his his business and in politics.

Take a look at his fat belly and you know he is lazy liao. No need for a Sherlock to deduce from that :biggrin:

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
While people all over the word who serve or are looking to serve in public office look at ways and means to provide relief, grants, loans, concessions, help for the people... this farker talks aout removing them and thinks he is doing everyone a favour by thinking of them.

Little does he realise he is doing no favour to the economy nor the advancement of a nation by his myopic logic that doesn't solve aything in the long run. Talk about chopping down a forest to save a tree.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
While people all over the word who serve or are looking to serve in public office look at ways and means to provide relief, grants, loans, concessions, help for the people... this farker talks aout removing them and thinks he is doing everyone a favour by thinking of them.

Little does he realise he is doing no favour to the economy nor the advancement of a nation by his myopic logic that doesn't solve aything in the long run. Talk about chopping down a forest to save a tree.

Talk so much. Ever took a loan before?

What is the purpose of a deposit?

How does allowing a grant to be used for the deposit push up prices?

Tristan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Grants, loans, schemes, concessions... the are all double-edged swords. If you use them wisely, you can go far. if you use them as the easy way out, you are doomed.

Yes, I used the housing grant when I started out owning my first HDB and have since upgraded. It was very useful as I could then be close to my parents who helped with my kids.

ManBearPig62

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't twist and turn, answer the question.

Will prices be lower without the grant?

What is the difference between giving some people the grant and everyone the grant?

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Exactly, his plan will kill the housing market and thus wipe out the CPF for many.

I agree that subisdies will push up prices of resale but if subsidies are only avail for new flats and its ability to push up prices are limited since new flats are sold at fixed prices.

Most the the price hikes are a result of insufficient demand. HDB did not expect the huge demand and the 4 year time frame for new flats creates temp shortage.

the real problem is HDB already converted from cost-based to market based with grant/subsidy.. and prices started running and running...

if they switch back, it will be like tsunami to the resale market..

silverfox@

Alfrescian
Loyal
Currently HDB flats which are allowed to be rented out can stay a max of 8 people.

8 foreigners can rent a 5rm HDB flat for around $2500 per month. Compared to condos where they can probably stay only for 4 of them and at a higher rental rate. That is why when few years ago in 2007 when HDB eased the regulations of renting out HDB flats, this is main root of escalating HDB prices.

Suddenly HDB flats became a good source of income for many HDB owners. Yield returns are so much more than private property.

There should be stricter regulations on the number of foreign tenants staying in a HDB flat as these would not create disharmony in the neighbourhood estate. Imagine your left and right neighbour both have 8 foreign workers staying in each of them while your son and daughter and wife come back from school and work every day. That makes 16 of them. If the figure is lowered, foreigners would not find it cost effective to rent a HDB flat. HDB tenancy would fall and people would not find it a good investment tool to buy HDB flat for rental.

HDB flats are for Singapore citizens to stay, not for rental money making schemes.
Another issue to apply more property tax on those who rent out their flats. Someone please tell me HDB flats should not be used for making money in rental. :o

Penalties must be enforced, not set up and punishment given lightly. Many who flout rules on HDB flat rental receive too light punishments where fines are so little. It should be looked in the same perspective as tax evasion where heavier fines must be meted and flats be confiscated. So far only a number few got their flats confiscated. (Market rate was still paid to them for their flats)
Owners who flout such regulations are educated n know the rules. They are not ignorant and when caught, most of them like to act blur and innocent.
So what is the point of rules being set up if those who flout them get light punishment and several warnings.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
When confronted with the fact that the grant will help ease the burden of making downpayment of young couples looking for their first home, GMS says: "If they can't afford the down payment, they couldn't possibly afford the loans as well. Giving grant will not help but actually aggravate their financial situation for the next 30 years."

GMS myopic logic is that people who cannot afford the downpayment will never be able to afford the loans as well forever. He thinks everyone is like him with no capabilities of doing better in life - starting a small computer shop and then remaining a small computer shop forever.

GMS in his small mind doesn't realise that there are many people with lofty aspirations, ability to make money and ambitions. Maybe they don't have money now, but with some help, they may be millionaires tomorrow. The grant is not all about $$$. It's about giving people a start in life - something small minds like GMS will never understand.

that was how USA lehman's brothers minibomb was ignited. too frivolous housing loan.

gms means what pap is doing is a mere LP and then PL it to become LPPL. artificially raise the subsidiary which in turn drives up artificially hdb prices which means everything remains the same except the figures get bigger only.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When confronted with the fact that the grant will help ease the burden of making downpayment of young couples looking for their first home, GMS says: "If they can't afford the down payment, they couldn't possibly afford the loans as well. Giving grant will not help but actually aggravate their financial situation for the next 30 years."

<snip>

GMS in his small mind doesn't realise that there are many people with lofty aspirations, ability to make money and ambitions. Maybe they don't have money now, but with some help, they may be millionaires tomorrow. The grant is not all about $$$. It's about giving people a start in life - something small minds like GMS will never understand.

Agree.

The grant is a starting point to help couples own their first HDB flat. Not that HDB flat is a very big deal - its just a pigeonhole with a 99 year rental paid upfront. But its where many people start.

Property prices tend to keep pace or even exceed inflation, so it is also a form of wealth preservation. Of course the current state of having a bubble is bad but that's due to poor demand/supply control by HDB that has nothing to do with the housing grant.

GMS is looking at the wrong thing with the wrong logic. Degree in economics? My friend at philip securities doesn't have a degree in econs but he's a millionaire remisier and he says GMS removal of grant is 100% pure crap.