• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Goh Meng Seng - A caricature of asinine fatuity

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Goh Meng Seng is a caricature of asinine fatuity. That is the kindest term I can think of to describe this pot-bellied man.

He thinks that all political parties must conform to his way of thinking and doing things, he thinks that all parties he has "resigned from" are inferior in some way or will be brought down by internal backstabbing, and he peppers his lame jabbing of WP with vague, incoherent argument that looked like it got wiped off a horse's arse.

Furthermore he always believes he is absolutely right, never goes wrong.

The insect reference is particularly spot on and he loves to be the fly buzzing around every social occasion.

He knows that people don't think highly of his strutting around like a colourful peacock but does it anyway because of his love for attention.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Furthermore he always believes he is absolutely right, never goes wrong.

I like people who believe in themselves. They're the ones who can change the world.

The vast majority of the human race is paralysed with self doubt and achieve nothing worthwhile throughout their lives.

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like people who believe in themselves. They're the ones who can change the world.

The vast majority of the human race is paralysed with self doubt and achieve nothing worthwhile throughout their lives.

Problem is most of the people who believe in themselves are deluded about their own capabilities and capacities and go on to make a mess of everything. It's okay that they screwed up their own lives but the worst part is they ruined other people's lives too. So what u said is true of such people. They're the ones who can change the world, yes, but unfortunately it is always for the worse.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
They're the ones who can change the world, yes, but unfortunately it is always for the worse.

It's better to have tried and failed a few times than to never have tried at all. After all, success may be just round the next corner.

I wish Goh Meng Seng the very best. I admire people like him. He took the fight to the PAP in real life. Most of the losers in this forum are nothing more than keyboard warriors.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know a place where the people only believe in themselves. Try IMH whereby even the residents don't trust their doctors. Yes, they believe in themselves. You like them?

Good retort.

Another place is Marina Bay Sands. There, a lot of people believe they are taking financial risks to give their families better lives.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
nothing wrong in believing in yourself.

the problem is, convincing others to believe in what you believe about yourself.

otherwise, you are a one man lighthouse - that others see and shun.

especially relevant in politics.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I had to google what the term means, very succinct, to the point and spot on. Let him eat cake.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
The majority have spoken. It's the same reaction and pattern thread after thread. You are entitled to your views, of course.

Unfortunately, "The majority" means nothing.

Success is achieved only by a minority.

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal

Meant to say "majority here" but missed out "here".

Your analogy is disconnected. Do you understand what it means to say the majority owns handphones is nothing because there are few barbers.

Leongsam

Admin
Asset
Meant to say "majority here" but missed out "here".

Doesn't make any difference. The term "majority" does not carry any positive connotations.

EG :

At the Olympics, the majority of participants don't win gold medals.

The majority of F1 drivers have not won a world championship.

The majority of share traders lose money.

The majority of people on this earth are losers.

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

sam is not wrong....but you guys are not wrong either..

Newton was hated by his peers....

I really dunno what is going in GMS mind, i ask him nicely to sexplain himself and clarify because I think he may have some point but he choose name calling instead .....

if there is any forumer here who would vote him over PAP.... prease kee chiu

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doesn't make any difference. The term "majority" does not carry any positive connotations.

EG :

You're incoherent. People were talking about sharing the same opinion, not success. So the majority of the world are either men or women doesn't carry positive connotations. If you find yourself better off as a transvetite, I guess.

Last edited:

brocoli

Alfrescian
Loyal

EG :

its not even about Majority or minority.....

he just make an insinuation and refuse to back it up.....