• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

God My Healer.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
er G and C , i dont think i will go through the bible here with anyone. I will just point to a few places here and there. The rest is up to you guys if you are really interested. It is not possible or desirable for me to prove anything here. Like i maintain , i share my views and you guys share yours.
It would be practically impossible for me to convince you guys i know that because your stand is very firm.
We exchange views, discuss and i guess for the most part we go our seperate ways after that.

what nonsense you saying ?
what 'good' you have learned ? can you be more specific ?
and the bible is thousand of pages thick , you just mentioned a few lines from a few pages and you called that a teaching ?:*::*::*::*::*:

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
OK , me also not trying to preach anything or converting anyone here.
But seeing people are blinded by their over zealous devotion and refused to admit their folly even when logical and factual reason are there ,
i have to just give a pointer to wake them up.

you said : The sinless man he created fell into sin so that ruined the relationship. God could have intervened in the garden of Eden but that would have taken away Adam/Eve's choice. . He still gives us a chance to be with Him.

don't you think the above very contradicting ?
1] christain claimed that god is perfect and full of kindness.
how can a perfect god created something that is imperfect ? a sinless man that can become sinful ?

2] why do god have to let adam and eve make a choice ?
the notion of having to choose is in itself an imperfection.
if everything is perfect why is there a need to choose ?

3] God's way to restore the relationship is through Jesus.
but jesus came very much later after adam and eve died and after the descendant of adam died.
so adam and eve and their descendant got no chance at all ?

you know the thing is full of holes but you just do no want to admit it.
it is very understandable.
people stick to what they believe due to :
1] this is their culture , eg : all malay in malaysia will automatically be a muslim from the moment they are born.
2] people has believed in this for a very long period , and it is difficult to admit that the belief is wrong. due to a huge EGO.
3] people not willing to change due to peer or family pressure.

let me ask you this :
muslim believe in a creator god , believe in the god will save you from hell
christain believe in a creator god , believe in the god will save you from hell.

so why are you not a muslim ?
after all the end result is the same.

Hi . Sorry i didnt manage to answer this soon but was busy. Yes i must admit that if anybody wanted to pick on selected verses and situations then its very easy to point out all these things that you guys are highlighting.
By the way, not only you have problems with this but many sincere Christians also struggle with some of the things they read. And i can tell you honestly i struggled too.
Why God allows innocent babies, kids to suffer and yet some bad people live to a ripe old age abusing others all their lives.
Why God killed so many people as seen in the bible
Why this ...why that.
Guys, i definitely cant explain this to you and i wont even try very much.
We all have our thoughts and positions that we have taken about God and us, or no God , just us.
I am just happy that we managed to discuss this in a gentlemanly manner and who knows, maybe we can chat again on some other topic next time.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
But, I Think I Can Explain

Hi . Sorry i didnt manage to answer this soon but was busy. Yes i must admit that if anybody wanted to pick on selected verses and situations then its very easy to point out all these things that you guys are highlighting.
By the way, not only you have problems with this but many sincere Christians also struggle with some of the things they read. And i can tell you honestly i struggled too.
Why God allows innocent babies, kids to suffer and yet some bad people live to a ripe old age abusing others all their lives.
Why this ...why that.
We all have our thoughts and positions that we have taken about God and us, or no God , just us.
I am just happy that we managed to discuss this in a gentlemanly manner and who knows, maybe we can chat again on some other topic next time.

Most of you can't talk to God and you people can only assume or guess. God's will cannot be a guessing game. Yes means yes, no means no. Have means have, don't have means don't have. His will is His decision, NOT yours.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why this ...why that.

dude..you cant even explain ...so why are you still holding on to something you dont even know ? its really time for you to dismiss your god ..cause he dont even exist ...its called blind faith . do yourself a favour dont waste anymore precious time on something that dont even exist . remember we are humans and not animals ...we have brains to think .

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
dude..you cant even explain ...so why are you still holding on to something you dont even know ? its really time for you to dismiss your god ..cause he dont even exist ...its called blind faith . do yourself a favour dont waste anymore precious time on something that dont even exist . remember we are humans and not animals ...we have brains to think .

hi drifter. Thats where the faith kicks in. If we can see everything and understand then thats knowledge which is very good to have. But in this case it is not possible to understand all of God. Even the bible says that in Romans 1: 19 and Deut 29:29 which say that many things og God cannot be known.
I am sure these verses and also very easy to ' shoot down ' but for us believers we accept them. This is the essence of faith where we believe what we cannot see or fully understand. Brains can help us in many many ways of course but to us, God's ways are higher so we accept that we cannot understand a lot of the things that are going on around us in this world.
As to the matter of ' wasting time ' , I dont consider my time wasted.
Just for argument's sake, if I am wrong and there really is no God. then what have i lost? Actually nothing. I have spent time worshipping Him , and used some money to help some projects, but these have helped me to lead a life that is helpful and useful to others. In the workplace i do my best and my colleagues appreciate me and we are good buddies.I am happy and live a relatively stress free and peaceful life .
So if i do die today and suddenly find out there is no God then as i said i have in fact lost nothing.
But what if I am correct and there is a God who ultimately asks us to give an account of how we have lived during our time on earth?
So in fact i personally think that i am as you said, doing myself a favour. I place my trust and faith in Him because i do believe He exists.
I know you take a totally opposite stance but hey thats what this thread is all about. Expression of views in a gentlemanly way like this and then mutual respect for each other.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
guys, my leave ends today. I have quite enjoyed chatting with you guys and i hope we continue to do so. We can continue this thread or maybe you guys would like to start another thread on something different to discuss and share.
My response to your posts may not be so quick once work starts but i will do my best.
Please also understand that at my level, i will never be able to answer any or all of your questions. Even the best pastor or Bible student wont be able to do so for that matter. Cheers.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi drifter. Thats where the faith kicks in. If we can see everything and understand then thats knowledge which is very good to have. But in this case it is not possible to understand all of God. Even the bible says that in Romans 1: 19 and Deut 29:29 which say that many things og God cannot be known.
I am sure these verses and also very easy to ' shoot down ' but for us believers we accept them. This is the essence of faith where we believe what we cannot see or fully understand. Brains can help us in many many ways of course but to us, God's ways are higher so we accept that we cannot understand a lot of the things that are going on around us in this world.
Just for argument's sake, if I am wrong and there really is no God. then what have i lost? Actually nothing. I have spent time worshipping Him , and used some money to help some projects, but these have helped me to lead a life that is helpful and useful to others. In the workplace i do my best and my colleagues appreciate me and we are good buddies.I am happy and live a relatively stress free and peaceful life .
So if i do die today and suddenly find out there is no God then as i said i have in fact lost nothing.
But what if I am correct and there is a God who ultimately asks us to give an account of how we have lived during our time on earth?
So in fact i personally think that i am as you said, doing myself a favour. I place my trust and faith in Him because i do believe He exists.
I know you take a totally opposite stance but hey thats what this thread is all about. Expression of views in a gentlemanly way like this and then mutual respect for each other.

thats why we called it blind faith ...congrats you have been brainwashed by your cults its worst then gong tau . nothing to lose ? imagine ..you have been talking to a pink elephant in your living room for years , you spend your time , money ( end of the day your money does to your cult pocket , using your money to expand your cult and con more people , you are indirectly helping to con other people without knowing it ) and devotion doing it end of the day you find that pink elephant in your living room dont even exist ( dont you feel being used and feel cheated ) ...would you rather spend your time , money with your loves one ? now i full understand why some people deserved to be con ...

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal

Humans are animals. Nothing wrong with it. Look at it from another angle, if "lower" animals do not believe in Gawd, why should humans believe in arrant nonsense?

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
Humans are animals. Nothing wrong with it. Look at it from another angle, if "lower" animals do not believe in Gawd, why should humans believe in arrant nonsense?

I think this question is self-answering. If humans are supposed to evolve with animals, why do they have morals, spiritual vaccuum, go for economic wellbeing and put on clothes?

Science doesn't answer that. The bible does though, if you believe it. It says man were made differently, in short.

The Philistine

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think this question is self-answering. If humans are supposed to evolve with animals, why do they have morals, spiritual vaccuum, go for economic wellbeing and put on clothes?

Science doesn't answer that. The bible does though, if you believe it. It says man were made differently, in short.

"Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!"

- The Satanic Bible.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
"Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his "divine spiritual and intellectual development," has become the most vicious animal of all!"

- The Satanic Bible.

in a sense yes. Man has the capability to be much better or much worse than animals. Man is much more intelligent than animals, being made so by God. If he uses this for good , then he is of course better than the animals in behaviour. If he chooses to let evil take hold of him, then this evil plus the intelligence will make him far worse than animals.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
thats why we called it blind faith ...congrats you have been brainwashed by your cults its worst then gong tau . nothing to lose ? imagine ..you have been talking to a pink elephant in your living room for years , you spend your time , money ( end of the day your money does to your cult pocket , using your money to expand your cult and con more people , you are indirectly helping to con other people without knowing it ) and devotion doing it end of the day you find that pink elephant in your living room dont even exist ( dont you feel being used and feel cheated ) ...would you rather spend your time , money with your loves one ? now i full understand why some people deserved to be con ...

you view it as con but I view it as help so we are different.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

ah, pascal's wager.

but what happen if you die and the god that you meet up there is vishnu, or buddha, or zeus? and their method of accountability is different from the christian one that you used to know? how will that be then? if that god that u meet is buddha and u are judged by the amount of meat that you had consumed, how can you be accountable? if that god judge by sex abstinence and you had been humping away all your life, how would you fair?

i used to be a church goers for 20 years and throughout the years, i ignored the huge gap between the science and religions to get things by.
but once i started my new life here in australia and i have times to reflect, i start to reason and think logically, and read.

having a religious faith is like having a blanket cover my IQ. i can reason everything logically in my daily life, works, programs etc.. but when it comes to religion, my logical mind has a auto-shutoff system which allow me to drown in illogical writings.

logic and reasoning especially against dogmatic religious beliefs are something that not all people can have especially us, the older generation of singaporeans that had grown up in the previous culture of rote learning, social engineering and blind acceptance of orders with little/no questioning.

on the other hand, the reality is harsh and scary at times, and it is worthwhile to stick to something that can help thru life, no matter whether it is jesus, allah, santa claus or the spaghetti flying monster.

God my healer

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ah, pascal's wager.

but what happen if you die and the god that you meet up there is vishnu, or buddha, or zeus? and their method of accountability is different from the christian one that you used to know? how will that be then? if that god that u meet is buddha and u are judged by the amount of meat that you had consumed, how can you be accountable? if that god judge by sex abstinence and you had been humping away all your life, how would you fair?

i used to be a church goers for 20 years and throughout the years, i ignored the huge gap between the science and religions to get things by.
but once i started my new life here in australia and i have times to reflect, i start to reason and think logically, and read.

having a religious faith is like having a blanket cover my IQ. i can reason everything logically in my daily life, works, programs etc.. but when it comes to religion, my logical mind has a auto-shutoff system which allow me to drown in illogical writings.

logic and reasoning especially against dogmatic religious beliefs are something that not all people can have especially us, the older generation of singaporeans that had grown up in the previous culture of rote learning, social engineering and blind acceptance of orders with little/no questioning.

on the other hand, the reality is harsh and scary at times, and it is worthwhile to stick to something that can help thru life, no matter whether it is jesus, allah, santa claus or the spaghetti flying monster.

hi fishbuff this is exactly my point. I believe we all have to give an account of our lives once its over, but only to whom.Some believe Vishnu or Zeus or whoever but I have chosen to believe Jesus.
Personally I think that Christianity has required me to have faith in certain things which i cannot understand but it has not deleted my IQ.
I still have to think out problems and situations in my job. Any foul up and i have to answer to my boss. So i still have to figure out problems. In the religious sphere thinking also has a central place but a lot of things require faith.
For example how do we know that the serpent and Eve actually said those words ? Who was there to record and document them?
Who was present when God and satan talked about Job?
All these require faith and so I believe.
Talking to you guys is one story but i can honestly tell you that many Christians also ask a lot of questions which are just as difficult as what has been asked here. Some ask even more because they have read the Bible in its entirety.
So its not possible to answer a lot of questions and i do believe that God meant it to be like that.
He wants childlike faith which actually sounds ridiculous to those who dont believe. Many Pharisees, Saducees and the old Jewish teachers of the law couldnt believe Jesus because they wanted logic and only logic. Logic is important but faith is required too.
So in the end, this is the God i believe in and whom i hope to give an account to when my life is done.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
in a sense yes. Man has the capability to be much better or much worse than animals. Man is much more intelligent than animals, being made so by God. If he uses this for good , then he is of course better than the animals in behaviour. If he chooses to let evil take hold of him, then this evil plus the intelligence will make him far worse than animals.

that is the privilege of being a creature with intelligence. modern science only has less than 200 years in development as compared to ancient religions that had been developed by primitive human civilization thousands of years ago.

if the europeans didnt colonize most of the world in the 17th and 18th centuries, and zheng he had colonize the world instead. we, the decedents from china and other part of asia will not be speaking english and absorbed their culture or beliefs. so whatever our reality now that we have, had been influenced or changed by the course of history.

religions had been a guide to the early human civilization, for better or for worse, it is time for science to take the next step.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

yes , man and animals are different ....man question things and animals dont ...since we are human we must question everything we dont understand including blind faith :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
that is the privilege of being a creature with intelligence. modern science only has less than 200 years in development as compared to ancient religions that had been developed by primitive human civilization thousands of years ago.

if the europeans didnt colonize most of the world in the 17th and 18th centuries, and zheng he had colonize the world instead. we, the decedents from china and other part of asia will not be speaking english and absorbed their culture or beliefs. so whatever our reality now that we have, had been influenced or changed by the course of history.

religions had been a guide to the early human civilization, for better or for worse, it is time for science to take the next step.

yes science indeed have reach another level including creating clones , stem cell , fighting cancer , found that the earth is round ...ect . religion did not ...religion has made man think backward ....instead of providing answer and solution ...religion just give out fake hope and unanswered prayer when things goes wrong .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
ah, pascal's wager.

congrats you are a freeman now .

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

for your case ..its sad to say that you are not intelligent then animals ..you dont use your brain to think logically . im sorry if my words hurts ..im a straight forward person .

Last edited: