• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Geylang KTV raided last nite, 20 chiobu kee chia

besotted

Alfrescian
Loyal
raid.jpg

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story
March 15, 2009
20 women nabbed in KTV raid

The women were arrested for work permit-related offences. According to the lounge's manager, not all of those nabbed were its employees. -- PHOTO: DESMOND WEE

It was a midnight show at Geylang and it drew a crowd of about 300 curious onlookers.

They watched the police in action as they raided a karaoke lounge last Friday and arrested 20 women for work permit-related offences.

The raid began at around midnight, said a helper at a duck stall in a coffee shop beside the lounge. The women were led out of the lounge, on the second floor of a shophouse, at about 3am.

'The girls were covering their faces and came down in an orderly manner. I think they would have been too scared to try anything,' said the helper, who did not wish to be named.

'I'm not sure where the crowd came from, but they just stood there the whole time watching. They probably saw the four or five police cars and came to see what was happening.'

The manager of the lounge, who wanted to be known only as Mr Ho, told The Sunday Times that not all the women arrested were its employees.

'Some came with their clients and they were taken away as well. Not all were my girls,' he said.

They were a mix of Chinese nationals and Malaysians, he added.

The lounge has been in operation for three months and he said that this was the first time it was raided.

Police said investigations are ongoing.

Teo Wan Gek

Kimberley Lim

jw5

Loyal
If some of them were not his employees, what were they doing there?

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If some of them were not his employees, what were they doing there?

Nowday KTV/night clud don't employ girl/GRO due to cut cost. Many are freelance earn by getting tip only. No commission/pay by the KTV owner.
So the boss/owner comment some of them not his employee is correct. Thay only employ waiter.

jw5

Loyal
Ok, I not a chiongster, so don't know the latest developments. :smile:
But does this absolve the ktv or pub owner of any responsibilities over the activities conducted by these free-lancers?

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, I not a chiongster, so don't know the latest developments. :smile:
But does this absolve the ktv or pub owner of any responsibilities over the activities conducted by these free-lancers?

Look,this is what all owners/manager will say. Girls are cust...not my emloyee.
For a $20 lady drink, pub n girl share 50-50. If girl brought in by agent, 100% LD goes to pay the tiket/lodging etc. Ater debt paid , its 50-50. So, all customers are suckers. If Anti-Vice really want to clamp down there places, they can simply jot down the girls details every other nite, if they are to be claimed as cust... So, so much $ to spend everynite being there.???

Now, why some establishments still in biz after so so many years. Eg. TuberRose, Viet Pubs along Geylang..............Yr guess is as good as mine.
Why only Golden City KYV is being punished ?

This kind of biz.....is damn good $$$$. Can afford to pay penalties for infringements........and others. Own ways of doing accounting while having GROs (on social visits) freelancing. What is IRA doing ???

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now, why some establishments still in biz after so so many years. Eg. TuberRose, Viet Pubs along Geylang..............Yr guess is as good as mine.
Why only Golden City KYV is being punished ?

[/SIZE]

Why was Golden City pick as a scape goat :confused:

Authorities must know what goes on in these establishments. Did someone forget to pay?

Ah Guan

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why was Golden City pick as a scape goat :confused:

Authorities must know what goes on in these establishments. Did someone forget to pay?

According to my tiko friend (:wink:), alot of underworld politics are actually involved in these lupsup KTVs.

Usually the "firms" baotoh one another because of defecting mamasans and girls...

When the vice squad and immigration receive too many complaints from "the public", it's time to act.

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG KTV in Geylang Lor 27 got raided. Some PRC gals are quite pretty pity they cannot earn here anymore :biggrin:

Pity ?..Knock yr own head ok?
They are very much well-off than you.
By this time or other, they hv gotten a ROBERT to pao them ok.???
I know of one who close shop in China, and bought a Benz when she returned.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Wayang show lah!...must respond to public, here catch...later the girls will reappear somewhere else...it cost CNY10,000 to get a new passport in PRC, and other fees, to change identity of they can find the contact...:p

Robert Half

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well they won't be deported right away so that means got chance to still heeheehee :biggrin:

That cute :biggrin:

Normal lah PRC KTV gals definitely richer than an average Sinkie joes.
I am not a Robert who pao them but like to bonk them at a reasonable price :p