• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Gerald Ee to chair review committee on obscene PAP salary practices

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was annouced by the PM earlier at swearing-in.
Ee was caught smiling broadly when this was announced - wonder what it means.
Has he made up his mind already?
Or is all this wayang?

One GRC win and one SMC win, and the MIWs are shitting all over the place to placate the peasants. The things that people do to keep their jobs and obscene salaries.

Caught a glimpse of Chen Show Mao.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
If we vote PAPpies out of at least 4 GRCs next election, Ass Loong will be shitting in his pants and selling HDB flats at $200k. Lol

Hammerton

Alfrescian
Loyal
SINGAPORE: Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong has formed a committee to review ministerial salaries.

The committee will be headed by National Kidney Foundation (NKF) chairman Gerard Ee.

Prime Minister Lee revealed this in his speech at the swearing-in ceremony of the new Cabinet on Saturday.

He said: "One important area for review is political salaries. We will always need committed and capable ministers. Politics is not a job or a career promotion. It is a calling to serve the larger good of Singapore.

"But ministers should also be paid properly in order that Singapore can have honest, competent leadership over the long term. I know that Singaporeans have genuine concerns over the present salaries.

"Hence I am appointing a committee to review the basis and level of political salaries. The committee will be chaired by Mr Gerard Ee, Chairman of Changi General Hospital and Chairman of NKF."

Hope all these talks about need for change are not "smokes and mirrors"! It will be interesting to see who's on the committee. Gerard is well known for his objectivity from past committees' works. I hope we can see some real change and not just re-packaging of old ideas for recycling.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am skeptical that real change is going to happen. Let us see in the coming weeks as what has been seen so far are cosmetic, but nothing really radical.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This was annouced by the PM earlier at swearing-in.
Ee was caught smiling broadly when this was announced - wonder what it means.
Has he made up his mind already?
Or is all this wayang?

One GRC win and one SMC win, and the MIWs are shitting all over the place to placate the peasants. The things that people do to keep their jobs and obscene salaries.

Caught a glimpse of Chen Show Mao.

It is not only one SMC and one GRC. If you look at the broader picture and vote patterns, a few GRCs almost lost to opposition and couple of SMCs too have less than 1% margin win. If PAP falter, 2016 election is going to have a new government. I am sure by than, the opposition parties are ready.

observer888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Instead of using the top ten (?) earners in Singapore (or whatever figure) they should use the salaries of the top ten (?) prime ministers in the world. Singapore has some of the greediest earners in the world - remember the surgeon who charged the Brunei Gov. $ 24 million a year?

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is no comfort that Gerard Ee is named to head the committee for the review of ministerial salaries. He is also the Chairman of the despised Public Transport Council (PTC), the implementation tool of the Transport Minister, best exemplified in the 12 September 2006 blanket approval for local transport operators SBS Transit and SMRT to hike bus and train fares by 1.7%. During the run up to the GE 2011, when oil prices rose significantly, PTC was unnaturally quiet about fare hikes. This committee smells a lot like the one Wong Kan Seng created to look into the Mas Selamat escapade.

http://singaporedesk.blogspot.com/2011/05/more-empty-promises.html

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
tis burger dare 2 tel ah loon he is grossly overpaid meh? ... he dare 2 slash ah loon's salary 2 a fraction of his current pay meh? ...

if he did dat, he is telling ah loon, who had shamelessly tried 2 'justified' his xtravagant salary, was wrong all dese yrs ... he dare 2 make ah loon malu meh? ...

my guess is dat he wil shed ah loon's salary a li'l ... tiz 2 appease angry peasants n wayang a bit ... n cum up wif a whole tick pile of bs 2 help further 'justify' ah loon's salary ...

iz a total waste of peasants' moni 2 feed dat fat burger oni! ... :mad:

Last edited:

anipupua

Alfrescian
Loyal
Gerald Ee is a Pappy dog since the day he started working in his father's firm. He will just recommend a 10% reduction.

RoyMcFarland

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really can't believe the pace of the changes that the PAP Govt has brought about. Its really incredible what a loss of a GRC and the momentum that the opposition has achieved can accomplish. The PAP may say that it was already in the works and that the stumbling ministers were already planning to retire.. BALLS!! This was a change brought about SOLELY by the Opposition Parties and their supermen and women and of course the citizens of Singapore. A sizeable minority stood up.

What next? Let's see if leopards do indeed change their spots. All those justifications and "I know best coz I'm saying so" routines.

Let's see if real salaries come down or is it just a wayang kulit....

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mr Lee, if you are for real, invite an opposition, maybe LTk in to the committee, because alternate party represent 40% of the population.

Gerald Ee is one of your guy, we all know he is made to be seen as not related and impartial but we are we fooling?

If you are serious about saving PAP and Singapore, go all the way.

Gerald Ee depends on PAP handout to survive.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
getting a PAP dog to review ministers' pay....................

it's like getting a fox to guard the chickens......................

longbow

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing much to review - just avg out pay for equivalent 1st world minister and use that figure. We should not be paying more than what 1st world nations pay their leaders.

Bigfuck

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I pity Gerard Ee. He should walk away. He knows his heart cannot bear the rubbish that he is asked to ignore.

sinlex

Maybe we can learn from the Japanese. In the event of mistakes, the boss of the country/company will offer to resign or have his pay reduced for a period of time to take responsibility. Can our Mr Gerald Ee consider this in his review? When reward is considered, punishment also must be taken into consideration.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I pity Gerard Ee. He should walk away. He knows his heart cannot bear the rubbish that he is asked to ignore.

Don't worry. Heart bypass in Singapore $8 nia. If you want gold-plated heart, can look for T T. :rolleyes:

Last edited: