• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Generation Y lady PMET jobless for two years after graduation and feeling depressed

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Generation Y lady PMET jobless for two years after graduation and feeling depress

Well! There r so many jobs out there for generalists with low barriers to entry... eg property agents, insurance agents...or she can try her hand in teaching...etc

That's what some people with engineering degrees are doing. Can also drive a taxi.

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Generation Y lady PMET jobless for two years after graduation and feeling depress

That's what some people with engineering degrees are doing. Can also drive a taxi.
Well if u r good can make good monies with the propery boom!! Also in insurance or financial planners can hit million $ club!!

alyl21

Alfrescian
Loyal

It is not possible for her not to be able to find a job. I would agree that it may be tough to find a good job meeting her aspirations. But that is a different matter.

It is also true that she needs to bear the consequences of studying humanities, a topic that may be harder to find an entry level position in manufacturing or financial firms.

She claimed to be from an external university. There are many top foreign universities in Singapore such as Insead, Duke, Essec, and Yake. So it has nothing to do with foreign vs local but the quality.

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal

When she says "external degree", is she actually saying correspondence course? :confused:

Logisex

Alfrescian
Loyal

She is a typical Gen Y softie whom you can find not only in Singapore but also in other places like China and even Germany now.

At the other end of the spectrum, you will get those who are too confident of themselves and is forever talking about being the next Steve Jobs or inventing the next Facebook.

These kids failed to recognise that most of us who had achieve some success now, started at the lowest end of the corporate (which has now become jobs which they think are too low for them or has no 'prospects') and climb our way up through hardwork.
Even Steve jobs had to struggle and work very hard. He said that you will need to be very passionate in what you do or you will always want to quit because its so hard.

The Gen Y now neither wants to work hard nor is passionate about anything. In fact I think they are just too plain lazy and self centered.

Last edited:

Satyr

Alfrescian
Loyal

Since here peers have all secured good positions and she is the exception, it shows that that the PAP is doing an excellent job at creating opportunities for everyone.

If she can't land a job, it's obviously her own fault. There must be something wrong with her. She should take a look in the mirror or perhaps it's her armpits.
Somewhat harsh but probably true. First thing she should do is get a makeover. Any educated woman with half way decent looks can get some kind of job.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Since here peers have all secured good positions and she is the exception, it shows that that the PAP is doing an excellent job at creating opportunities for everyone.

If she can't land a job, it's obviously her own fault. There must be something wrong with her. She should take a look in the mirror or perhaps it's her armpits.

You have this wonderful knack of grinding other people faces into the m&d together with your hosanna singing to smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY

You have declared your love for LKY because he rescued you from having to shit into a steel toilet bucket with 50 families.

You are younger then I am and my peers.
My family lived in a house with one toilet and added 2 more toilet/bathrooms later for 3 toilets for one family.
My school friends all had at least one toilet per household.
My relatives, with very humble background all had one toilet per household.
\
That was before LKY came into power.

My neighbours, which included a karang guni man, also had a toilet per household.

Your singing of hosannas to smear of shit on shoe of shoe must be due to your genes.
WHich beg the question what is it that your father did in life that his family and you had to share a metal toilet bucket with 50 families?

Do tell us.

We are all ears as to the mystery of why you such a fucking running dog of LKY?
Your genes maybe since we know it is not your fucking intellect.

alyl21

Alfrescian
Loyal

I thought this had nothing to do with politics. It is an article that we can't even proof is real. The complaint was about recognition of an external degree. To which the answer is simple. It is not a matter of external or local degree, but of quality.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I thought this had nothing to do with politics. It is an article that we can't even proof is real. The complaint was about recognition of an external degree. To which the answer is simple. It is not a matter of external or local degree, but of quality.

Do tell me what kind of fucking degrees the Foreign Trash came here with?
Local degree?
Is it the external degrees of Foreign Trash that much more valuable because the Foreign Trash came here with that?

Is it the external degrees of locals became rubbish because the external degree came in with local?

And quality what the fucking PAP determined as quality?

VOTE ALL THOSE PAP MAGGOTS COCKROACHES OUT OUT OUT IN 2016

alyl21

Alfrescian
Loyal

We cannot generalize external degree into one big category. And by reading the article, (assuming it is real) the key issue isn't foreigner job competition. We can address that in a separate topic.

Non local degrees can differ in quality by quite a great deal. So the logical question is whether the graduate is expecting a specific job she has in mind or is she merely looking for any job.

Based on the job openings we need on major fronts, it does seem like the lady can get employed in many administrative sectors at least.

I thought this has nothing to do with who to vote and the matter should not be politicized?

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

We cannot generalize external degree into one big category. And by reading the article, (assuming it is real) the key issue isn't foreigner job competition. We can address that in a separate topic.

Non local degrees can differ in quality by quite a great deal. So the logical question is whether the graduate is expecting a specific job she has in mind or is she merely looking for any job.

Based on the job openings we need on major fronts, it does seem like the lady can get employed in many administrative sectors at least.

I thought this has nothing to do with who to vote and the matter should not be politicized?

What the fuck is this that you want to drag in that tired stuff of being politicised?
What is wrong about being politicizied?

You some kind of PAP doggie is it?
One of the mantras of PAP of fucking all of us and then saying not to politicised it at all?

Just move on?

Then go stick your fucking head below waterline of unflushed public toilet bowl and you can preach to the turds and tissue not to
politicised your master fucking and screwing of us sinkies there

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Cannot be the armpits, if that is the case, the ah nehs & the ah tiongs got jobs because of that...must the face, in which they mirror is in shock , each time she appears or she thinks she has golden assets...like a 'hum'...

With qualifcations like that, for a starter...http://www.ncss.gov.sg/home/index.asp ?? too boring, a little more adventurous. http://www.pa.gov.sg/ still not good enough? http://www.ntuc.org.sg/wps/portal/u...VzcPIwMLtxAjA0_XUG9Ps0B_J8tQc_2CbEdFAIn_uDE!/

or the ultimate , titanium rice bowl, "nuclear proof" & even "goofy proof" join the club...http://www.pap.org.sg/

or come to SBF & consult you...what's Gilbert?:biggrin:

scoobydoo

Alfrescian
Loyal

I see AEC as great opportunity for Singaporeans not threat. Its a great opportunity to make lots of money simply with three things (1) sinkie internationally recognized qualification and (2) our ability to speak and write Engrish and (3) the Red Passport

• hmm, in-between counting, they also lick their fingers.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The employment market in Singapore and Ang Mor lands generally favour women. For those PMETs who are displaced, its very often its the men. There is a gender biased in general. So for this bird to come and say she cant find work I find it abit hard to believe. Unless she damn fugly. Easily can get a job as a receptionist or office gal etc.

For Humanities field. Its a good degree to have if can match with a professional qualification. For example get a Finance or accounting cert. Dont need to be so atas like Engineering.

But in general dont do Humanities especially external programmes. Humanities will only be of value if its NUS and can get gahmen job and be a Civil Serpent. Or she do a degree in English language and can teach english. If she speak damn atas lagi even better.

She dug her hole so its up to her to climb her way out...

And resume and CV can always manipulate, if applying for low level job, dont say u got honours etc,, just say got 'A' level, get frens to give u references etc etc.

Always remember when it comes to employment,,all bosses are assholes...if u do not take them for a ride...they will take u for a ride.

Alot of younger graduates I realise like to bragg that I have a honours degree etc etc. Just cos I got PHD in Feeding Pandas...does not mean it has a market value. Its to prove to employers that u are smart enough to work and to learn things and to get things done. Just cos got degree does not mean its everything...

If worse case scenario, go work as a hostess in KTV etc if have the looks, do little get alot of money,,but must know how to save,...or be SIA strewardess,,,good money get to travel,,the most important is save and invest...many dont think that way.

Somewhat harsh but probably true. First thing she should do is get a makeover. Any educated woman with half way decent looks can get some kind of job.

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

If worse case scenario, go work as a hostess in KTV etc if have the looks, do little get alot of money,,but must know how to save,...or be SIA strewardess,,,good money get to travel,,the most important is save and invest...many dont think that way.

Bro hypocrite, I just curious to ask one question can? Have hostess in ktv don't do boom-boom with customers either in the krv room or outside in hotel?

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

KTV hostesses can dont do boom boom, just as company..accompany drink and makan etc. Boom is extra. Can still earn even if dont boom. but if boom, can earn 10K a mth easy. Dont forget local chiobu is in demand hor. In ang mor lands,,the ang mor pro more ex than the imported ones hor..

So lets say she work this line for 5 years..and spend 2k a mth on cosmetics and family etc she get 8K a month. She work 11 months a year (got 1 month off)

So 11 mths * 8k = 88 000 per year

she does the job for 5 years... 88 k * 5 = 444 000

With the 444k can buy hdb flat and rent our for 3 k a mth. Than go live overseas in Pinoyland etc...put 1 K in bank and spend 2 K a mth in pinoyland,...can eat untill die man...

that is if she got looks lah..

Please note calculation does not factor in increment due to inflation etc. If she is more discerning..she can be selective in her 'booming' and let the clients pay more. Pay more pay less, job is the same,,might as well take as much as possible from the rich tow kay right?

If she no looks but got a bit of money,,can go South Korea for improvements,,than got looks and than qualify to work as model etc..Plastic surgery is a wonderful thing...can help many to improve life, I dont see what is the issue..

look at this video and u get what I mean.

[video=youtube;Pc_YHBEfYwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc_YHBEfYwA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUb8K46z_rTPxfkMvAWj6K3w[/video]

And the video talk about Angelababy...yum yum.....there is no fault in good looks..

IF she smarter and got looks, learn to speak Japanese etc and work in those japanese KTV,,lagi best man...

Bro hypocrite, I just curious to ask one question can? Have hostess in ktv don't do boom-boom with customers either in the krv room or outside in hotel?

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

On second thoughts, Felicia deserve what she is going through now. Did she fought for her rights? Even Ah Tiong drivers fought hard for their rights and this is not even their country. Sinkee Felicia leh?

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

KTV hostesses can dont do boom boom, just as company..accompany drink and makan etc. Boom is extra. Can still earn even if dont boom. but if boom, can earn 10K a mth easy. Dont forget local chiobu is in demand hor. In ang mor lands,,the ang mor pro more ex than the imported ones hor..

So lets say she work this line for 5 years..and spend 2k a mth on cosmetics and family etc she get 8K a month. She work 11 months a year (got 1 month off)

So 11 mths * 8k = 88 000 per year

she does the job for 5 years... 88 k * 5 = 444 000

With the 444k can buy hdb flat and rent our for 3 k a mth. Than go live overseas in Pinoyland etc...put 1 K in bank and spend 2 K a mth in pinoyland,...can eat untill die man...

that is if she got looks lah..

Please note calculation does not factor in increment due to inflation etc. If she is more discerning..she can be selective in her 'booming' and let the clients pay more. Pay more pay less, job is the same,,might as well take as much as possible from the rich tow kay right?

If she no looks but got a bit of money,,can go South Korea for improvements,,than got looks and than qualify to work as model etc..Plastic surgery is a wonderful thing...can help many to improve life, I dont see what is the issue..

look at this video and u get what I mean.

[video=youtube;Pc_YHBEfYwA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc_YHBEfYwA&feature=c4-overview&list=UUb8K46z_rTPxfkMvAWj6K3w[/video]

And the video talk about Angelababy...yum yum.....there is no fault in good looks..

IF she smarter and got looks, learn to speak Japanese etc and work in those japanese KTV,,lagi best man...

Bro The_Hypocrite first of all please allow me to Krup you. Salute.

You are so informative and knowledgeable, a real eye opener for me. I am not joking you can start a financial planning service for these KTV charbors it'll be a niche market buddy, your plan sounds very achievable and realistic for them to achieve the financial and life goals. Hell you could branch to selling them plastic cosmetic services in Korea too. Many things can do, even go regional, come to Thailand, many phuyings here will need such service. Also sure can get lucky (boom-bppm) with some customers. :p:wink:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the vote of confidence ah Jo..if i ever become financial planner for these chio boos, transactions can be done via both in cash and in 'kind'.

Another point is this is a cash business...very easy to siam tax..that y pap want to increase GST,,to whack those not paying taxes..

i return your salute...

http://www.whiskypedia.ro/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/RoyalSalute21YORange.jpg

Bro The_Hypocrite first of all please allow me to Krup you. Salute.

You are so informative and knowledgeable, a real eye opener for me. I am not joking you can start a financial planning service for these KTV charbors it'll be a niche market buddy, your plan sounds very achievable and realistic for them to achieve the financial and life goals. Hell you could branch to selling them plastic cosmetic services in Korea too. Many things can do, even go regional, come to Thailand, many phuyings here will need such service. Also sure can get lucky (boom-bppm) with some customers. :p:wink: