• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat GCT Laments Not Being Appreciated

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
They only can be prosecuted when the opposition is in power .When the DPP came to power in 2016 winning the presidency and legislature,the ex-Kuomingtang president Ma Ying Jiu was charged for corruption ,abuse of power and violation of secrets act.

Yes, I look forward to PAP losing power. But they are so afraid of losing power that they want to hang on with their dear lives

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can u use other words for your title eg complain etc
Becos this word lament very weird .I always read as gct cook la mian and not appreciated by the customer. I always wonder why ang moh implement this word that pronounce weirdly :rolleyes:

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can u use other words for your title eg complain etc
Becos this word lament very weird .I always read as gct cook la mian and not appreciated by the customer. I always wonder why ang moh implement this word that pronounce weirdly :rolleyes:

I think lament is a better word to describe GCT's condition. Complain does not adequately summarise GCT's lack of understanding.

Lament means GCT expresses his grief passionately and that I think is what he is in now. GCT is grieving the lack of Singaporeans' appreciation. But the problem is his, not Singaporeans. He expects to receive gratitude when he is not deserving. Singaporeans shd prosecute him for the betraying Singapore and Singaporeans, the way Hongkongers prosecute Donald Tsang and the way Taiwanese jail Chen Shui Bian

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
dun use laments, use regrets la ...

laments, regrets, mourns, complains...all sum up how GCT is feeling despite his wealth. It goes to show that no matter how much he has accumulated, joy is missing in his life

flatearther

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can use "GCT mourns not being appreciated".
Can also...but that's four long words. Laments is clear and concise
"mourns not being appreciated" are "four long words", but what about "Laments Not Being Appreciated" (with one additional letter, by the way)? :confused:
You dare to compare "mourns not being appreciated" with only one word, "laments"? :rolleyes:

Last edited:

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
"mourns not being appreciated" are "four long words", but what about "Laments Not Being Appreciated" (with one additional letter, by the way)? :confused:
You dare to compare "mourns not being appreciated" with only one word, "laments"? :rolleyes:

I dare to replace lament with kpkb :wink:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dun use laments, use regrets la ...

laments and regret two different meaning,regret is like personal from within,stems from oneself,faulting oneself.

in this case Goh is lamenting or kpkbing kind of like expressing grief or disappointment about others or the past usually in a negative or critical way,closer to admonishing or lecturing or kpkbing than it is to regrets.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
laments and regret two different meaning,regret is like personal from within,stems from oneself,faulting oneself.

in this case Goh is lamenting or kpkbing kind of like expressing grief or disappointment about others or the past usually in a negative or critical way,closer to admonishing or lecturing or kpkbing than it is to regrets.

good clarification!

i agree that GCT is lamenting or kpkb-ing rather than regretting. kpkb-ing shows disappointment with singaporeans rather than himself. singlish is best!!!

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
GCT stepped down in 2004 but he was holding the SM post after that. The SM post has some bite and some power to it because it was set up for his predecessor in that SM position, OLd Fart. Nominally, SM is the second most power position after PeeM. That is why after GCT was relieved of the post, this position was retired and no longer available. Therefore, Your suggestion he was sucking air after he stepped down in 2004 is wrong. He was only sucking air after 2011 when the SM post was abolished. As I posted earlier, he was forced out and negotiated a golden parachute for himself. i.e. $16K a month MP job for doing nothing and the ceremonial post of ESM, but with budget for office, expenses, benefits and nice fat salary.

ie one reason why he is a multi millionaire now...........
interestingly when MM decided to cut himself off he also made sure GCT is no more SM.................but ESM toothless bulldog

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
ie one reason why he is a multi millionaire now...........
interestingly when MM decided to cut himself off he also made sure GCT is no more SM.................but ESM toothless bulldog

LKY made sure that when he came out of the Cabinet, GCT came out too

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fact that he lamented for lack of appreciation for his past efforts is testament to his denial of reality. Voters has shifted their preferences . Instead of lamenting for the less than desired election results for Marine Parade GRC, he should do well to have a self examination and a self reflection in why voters has decided to vote for the opposition.

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that he lamented for lack of appreciation for his past efforts is testament to his denial of reality. Voters has shifted their preferences . Instead of lamenting for the less than desired election results for Marine Parade GRC, he should do well to have a self examination and a self reflection in why voters has decided to vote for the opposition.

Yes, GCT should have lamented that PAP has governed SG so badly over the last 10 years and that despite studying and working harder, Singaporeans' quality of life has gone down under the pap. The right thing for GCT to do is to regret that he didnt ensure that pap leaders are not motivated by money

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I'm deeply hurt by wooden's statement. Didn't we grassroots leader throw nice dinners for him every year to celebrate his birthdays and to canvass politically for him in the name of grassroots work?

ckmpd

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm deeply hurt by wooden's statement. Didn't we grassroots leader throw nice dinners for him every year to celebrate his birthdays and to canvass politically for him in the name of grassroots work?

He thinks he deserves more. Not only dinner, must have kowtow ceremonies and ply him with virgin girls. ESM GCT thinks he is Emperor Super Majesty GCT and ought to be treated as such by lesser mortals