• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

fuckwarezone CSI on bikehop that got tender for Npark Brompton!

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NParks Bright Idea - Make Officers Cycle 40 km Per Day in Hot Weather to Save Pet

clear cut case jiak lui....

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: NParks Bright Idea - Make Officers Cycle 40 km Per Day in Hot Weather to Save Pet

While the public scrutinize this transaction, but we are also concerned with the welfare of the officers and drivers.......

Saving SGD600/month, wah.

But rain how? Where to officers out in the field run to har?

So what happens to the van? Idle? Van still incurring maintenance, road tax etc. cost? Drivers how, lose jobs? Yah, sure.........reassigned, but to where har?

Bicycle no down time?

Looks like more of a net increase in cost, imo..............

Previously, officers like Ms Lim were ferried around in a van as they had non-foldable bikes.

Now, their new foldable bikes have resulted in monthly transport savings of S$600 per officer as they are able to get around by themselves.

- CNA/ms

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Should get nat geo or discovery channel to do a documentary with officer Jacyln Lim, with the media crew following her on her daily 40km/day inspection tour for a week. :biggrin:

This is the best ideas. Then spot check every few day in case they do it for show.
Think peasant stupid many people take up cycling sport.

BusNo64

Alfrescian
Loyal

when u ppl see her...pls shout out her name real loud...especially the last name...LOL

6J4EJ.jpg

cunnilaubu

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

582209_10150974459697797_841240822_n.jpg

Notice the publication of request for quotation is only a few days from date of tender closing.

25 Jan 2012 was a Wednesday and 30 Jan 2012 was a Monday, which means effectively, potential bidder has only two working day to prepare.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

While I can emphatize with officers out field, but I would like to see how the interviewee perform 40km/day inspection within the 6.5 work hours. :o

Tell me 15km/day, riding and inspection I can accept, but 40km/day:confused:......read leow a bit tulan. But I give her the benefit of doubt:p...........she must show the public that it can be done with consistency, without any compromise to the quality of inspection.......... to justify the purchase.

I wonder the interviewee wear "white" underwear :o

This is the best ideas. Then spot check every few day in case they do it for show.
Think peasant stupid many people take up cycling sport.

deedum81

Alfrescian
Loyal

not if the company who tenders had much prior time to prepare beforehand......... when the itq is up, the company is then informed to "place their quotations". very common practice in itq process where some companies are preferred over others.

also for your info in the bicycle industry, a 30% - 40% discount from rrp is given for bicycle re-salers; at least that is the case for most bicycle parts/brands. the discounted price could vary, but this gives u an idea how much the company is earning.

deedum81

Alfrescian
Loyal
for an itq to go on gebiz, there should also be a estimated procurement value (epv), and estimation of the probable costs. this would mean that the tenderer will have to do checks with companies to obtain the estimated costs. nparks should investigate the justifications, grounds and reasons on how the tenderer came up with the epv.

gz0707

Alfrescian
Loyal

While I can emphatize with officers out field, but I would like to see how the interviewee perform 40km/day inspection within the 6.5 work hours. :o

Tell me 15km/day, riding and inspection I can accept, but 40km/day:confused:......read leow a bit tulan. But I give her the benefit of doubt:p...........she must show the public that it can be done with consistency, without any compromise to the quality of inspection.......... to justify the purchase.

I wonder the interviewee wear "white" underwear :o

hahaha, especially when you consider the whole island is only 48km across.

Singapore is about 25km running north-south and 48.2km running east-west.

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tell me 15km/day, riding and inspection I can accept, but 40km/day:confused:......read leow a bit tulan. But I give her the benefit of doubt:p...........she must show the public that it can be done with consistency, without any compromise to the quality of inspection.......... to justify.:o

I totally agee. One can cycle up to 100km per day too but to claim can cover 40km per day for inspection is stretching the truth too far. Surely they will have to get off their bike to examine trees at random to check on health of the trees. What abt the equipments use for the inspection.

Anyway I dun believe the procurement process anymore after hearing from a friend whose company is a govt vendor.

Seee3

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Should get nat geo or discovery channel to do a documentary with officer Jacyln Lim, with the media crew following her on her daily 40km/day inspection tour for a week. :biggrin:
I love your proposal. Make it a 1 week documentary. I am sure her backside will open flower. A good lesson for her not to use words like "daily" without much thought.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Brompton Winner a Bicycle Shop, Tour Agency or Online shop with residential addre

SIM37_

<!-- message -->More info I found on my CSI attempt on this blog.

REFLECTIONS ON CHANGE: NParks's Brompton Bicycles — A Path Less Travelled

NParks's Brompton Bicycles — A Path Less Travelled

Singapore's National Parks Board recently bought 26 Brompton foldable bicycles costing $2,200 each for its officers to use on patrols.

NParks's tender notice set out the following specifications for the bicycles —
— Be foldable.
— Can be brought onto public buses and MRT trains.
— Have 16-inch wheels.
— Weigh between 13 kg and 15 kg.
— Have at least 6 speeds.
— Be provided with one year's warranty and free basic servicing.

Only one company — apparently not the agent or an authorised dealer for Brompton bicycles — submitted a bid, listing two models, with the Brompton bicycles being the cheaper alternative.

According to NParks, it proceeded with the purchase since the proposal met its specifications and it found the price to be reasonable after comparing with market prices at that time.

Minister for National Development Khaw Boon Wan said he accepted NParks's explanation.

This episode raises many questions, nevertheless.

What amount was originally budgeted for each bicycle and for the bicycles in total? On what basis was the budget for the bicycles prepared?

What was the highest level in the Ministry of National Development that was aware of, and concurred with, the provision for the 26 bicycles in NParks's budget? It is unlikely that the Minister or the Permanent Secretary overseeing a budget of $2.5 billion for FY2012 would have the time to scrutinise an approximately $60,000 detail in the budget.

What was the highest level in NParks that was aware of, and concurred with, the provision for the 26 bicycles in its budget? It is unclear (though not improbable) whether the CEO of NParks overseeing a budget of $259 million for FY2012 would have the time to scrutinise an approximately $60,000 detail in the budget.

Were both the $2,200 price for each bicycle and $57,200 for the 26 bicycles within the approved budget? If not, was approval obtained for the higher amount or amounts? At that point, who in the Ministry of National Development and NParks became aware of this item?

How many brands of bicycles sold in Singapore were capable of meeting NParks's specifications? Is it necessary for NParks's bicycles to have precisely 16-inch wheels and at least 6 speeds?

Was NParks aware of other brands of bicycles that were capable of meeting its specifications?

What is the economic life of the Brompton bicycles based on NParks's intended intensity and type of use? The durability of an asset is not independent of the cost of acquiring the asset.

What is the expected cost of maintaining each of the Brompton bicycles based on NParks's intended intensity and type of use of the bicycles? Both the cost of acquiring an asset and the cost of maintaining it over its economic life have to be taken into account when deciding which asset to acquire.

On what defensible basis did NParks arrive at the conclusion that the $2,200 price of each Brompton bicycle was reasonable?

Why did NParks not call a fresh tender after receiving only one bid, and proactively invite other known suppliers of foldable bicycles? Was there an urgent requirement to procure the bicycles?

Was NParks aware that it was buying the bicycles from a supplier which is not an authorised dealer for Brompton bicycles and the consequences of its doing so?

Does NParks require only 26 bicycles for its officers to use on patrol or does it plan to buy more bicycles for its officers soon?

While $57,200 is a minuscule amount in the context of NParks's budgeted expenditure of $259 million for FY2012, does NParks apply the same mindset when managing its budget?

Perhaps, the Auditor-General should review NParks's procurement practices.

The new bicycles are said to enable NParks's staff to reach field sites directly and individually using public transport, and eliminates the need for an office van to take them and their bicycles to the various sites. How much extra time will now be needed by NParks's staff to travel from their offices to their field sites (and return to their offices) by public transport?

What is the fate of the office van? Will it become idle or redundant or will NParks somehow find some new use for it?

What is the fate of the driver of the office van? Will he/she become redundant and retrenched or will NParks somehow find some new duties to occupy him/her?
<!-- / message -->
uchujin, blitzz, ahgua1 and 5 others like this.

<TBODY>
</TBODY>

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal

NParks field officer Jacyln Lim cycles about 40 kilometres a day for tree inspections.

Previously, officers like Ms Lim were ferried around in a van as they had non-foldable bikes.

Now, their new foldable bikes have resulted in monthly transport savings of S$600 per officer as they are able to get around by themselves.

Reading these 3 sentences, it tells me that
(1) Npark already has and are using bicycles for their field officers;
(2) the $600 transport savings are result of not requiring company transport anymore;
(3) b'cos Ms Lim neber say "sometime cycle about 40km...". And she used "about 40km" instead of "up to 40km". "About" means sometimes more sometimes less, so we take average 40km. So Ms Lim is trying to tell us that Npark field officers cycle 40km a day, EVERYDAY:eek:?

The reason to buy $2.2k high class branded bike is not so much about productivity because they already has and are using bicycles! One of the media response they gave was
.... NParks cited staff productivity as the main reason for the purchase: "Providing staff with bikes was thought to be a simple and effective way to raise staff productivity as it enables the officer to cover more ground and do more inspections within the same time." Link Click Here
I thought it was a New "brilliant" idea that they just came out, that resulted them buying the Brompton bikes! But it turns out that they were already using bikes! *Conning Alert* Unless they are trying to say that Brompton bikes perform better and can "enables the officer to cover more ground and do more inspections" than their current bikes. I like to see proof for that.

So now they focus on cost savings.
Hmmm... From what I understand, they are merely transferring the cost to their staffs now that the field officers have to "get around by themselves". Now is that fair? If they allow staffs to make transport claims, what is the claim amount they are expecting?; what procedures they have in place to make sure that the field officers don't anyhow claim and and don't anyhow take taxi?; does the $600 savings took into consideration of the expected transport claims? If not, what is the effective savings they can get?

Cycle 40km everyday. Really?
My goodness. And they still expect the field officers to carry the bicycle and get around by public transport after a tiring cycling trip?

I don't understand why we can ask so many questions and yet still not satisfied with Npark's action. We still feel that there are suspicions and inconsistency in the whole thing. Some bro even waste his own time and money to do background check on Bikehop, and it raised even more questions. Yet somebody just asked 2 questions and can conclude that Npark bought the right equipment.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

582209_10150974459697797_841240822_n.jpg

Notice the publication of request for quotation is only a few days from date of tender closing.

And during the CNY to boot when most SMEs are closed for an entire week!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I don't understand why we can ask so many questions and yet still not satisfied with Npark's action. We still feel that there are suspicions and inconsistency in the whole thing. Some bro even waste his own time and money to do background check on Bikehop, and it raised even more questions. Yet somebody just asked 2 questions and can conclude that Npark bought the right equipment.

=> In other countries, you would see the independent press and the people outside the gate of NParks pressing the govt for a proper answer. In SG?

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal

This operations model discriminates older/senior experienced workers whom may have medical or physical problems. For example, if one has knee injury from reservist or due to aging, then cannot go inspection leow izit?????

If you are one of the officers at nea, please think............................netizens don't make noise for no reason lah.

presssomemore

Alfrescian
Loyal

=> In other countries, you would see the independent press and the people outside the gate of NParks pressing the govt for a proper answer. In SG?

We can only kpkb in sammyboy.com and TRE. :biggrin:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This is outright CHEATING! Don't let these mother fuckers get away. Not about the amount of money involved, about these mother fuckers think Singaporeans are hai gong (stupid)

Make this purchase void and repay back all the money. All the mother fuckers should be investigated.

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

This operations model discriminates older/senior experienced workers whom may have medical or physical problems. For example, if one has knee injury from reservist or due to aging, then cannot go inspection leow izit?????

If you are one of the officers at nea, please think............................netizens don't make noise for no reason lah.

Ah! I can always replace the 'Sick Men of the East' with my strong and obedient FT pets what!

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Brompton Winner a Bicycle Shop, Tour Agency or Online shop with residential addre

1. Company most probably not GST registered.

2. First sgd300k taxable profit will be exempt for 3 years for new startup companies.

Very easy to stealth. One can record half millions sales with profit under sgd300k for three years, then close shop.

Tio bo:confused:

Bikehop was incorporated in July 2011 with paid up capital of $30,000. There are three shareholders who are also directors. Its registered address is at a detached house at Siak Kew Ave, which is the residential address of one of its director / shareholder.

The company's main business appeared to be conducting bike tour as seen in this Youtube video BikeHop Singapore - Trailer and its website. No mentioned of sales of bike whatsoever on the website.

It has no listing on the Yellow Pages which is strange for a company that purportedly supply / retail bikes. Indeed, the company's name itself (note - its BikeHop not BikeShop) speaks as much.

Bikehop registered on the govt tender portal, Gebiz, in Dec 2011 with financial grade "S3". Under S3, it must have an NTA of $12,500 and Turnover of $250,000, and is allow to tender for project with value of up to $250,000.

Note that the registration on Gebiz came very close to the NParks' call for tender in January 2012. For a brand new company to attain 250K in turnover in 5 months, how many thousand bike tours it has to conduct? Why did NPark accepts the bid from a company with limited or no track record?