• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ.......

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

Among the DPP leaders today, most of them are like Chee... Its just that Singapore media has portrayed him in a bad light... After all its ranked only so low...

DPP taiwan is a suitable benchmark because its the only Chinese majority democratic country in the World like Singapore(you can disagree on this)

Chee has only promoted a western human rights agenda. He has offered little to the people who have soundly rejected the SDP. 4 seats to zero.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

Is he the one who suggested a WP and PAP coalition??

he seemed to have suggested a coalition government, but not necessarily with PAP, so it seems.
in The New Paper on 10th July 2011, WP's stand had been made clear.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Chee has only promoted a western human rights agenda. He has offered little to the people who have soundly rejected the SDP. 4 seats to zero.

There is no such thing as a Western or Eastern human rights agenda, Chee is not doing the wrong thing.. Look at Malaysia, if people do not have the right to gather peacefully, they are powerless... Advancing democracy is about advancing human rights... I do concede that if u adopt a pragmatic mindset, Chee has not done well

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not ready to form a government?

Vote opposition as an insurance?

Vote us not to form a government?

We are not even starting yet?

What kind of clown is this LTK?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOrp6kMCVis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOrp6kMCVis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

wah lau eh... talk about Tanjong Pagar, limpeh pu hwey... bloody kutu late by a bit end up Tanjong Pagar walkover... machiam almost reaching orgasm then someone post a picture of you-know-who. :mad::mad::mad: anyways, next election can see some action in Tanjong Pagar already, you keep healthy and safe for another 3 years, ok? loon a bit, tong a bit, yah? :smile::smile::smile:

If that old bastard can tonged so many years what's 3-4 years to us?
We no need to tong...we live through smoothly poon pee pee

Dead or alive Tanjong Pagar will be contested
LWL is always available to tell him bedside stories and update election results if he is still breathing.

jw5

Loyal

LWL is always available to tell him bedside stories and update election results if he is still breathing.

That's fine since she is his daughter.
What we should be afraid of is that she tells US those same bedside stories.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RafflesTiger said:
Is he the one who suggested a WP and PAP coalition??

Unfortunately if things stay as they are today that would be the most likely outcome even if the PAP were to lose its majority. To form a coalition comprising only opposition parties, you practically would have to involve everyone to get a majority vote.

But today's opposition parties are so varied in their ideologies and stage of evolution. They must evolve to a stage where they can gain seats in Parliament with good acceptance by the general public and, in today's environment, that means towards the centre or just left of the centre, otherwise you will just be like PAP. With tongue in cheek, a PAP of the past but without the Old Man and before GRC.

The solution therefore lies not with the WP (they are ready to be a member of a coalition government but which one) but with the other opposition parties. When can they be ready?

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's fine since she is his daughter.
What we should be afraid of is that she tells US those same bedside stories.
Bro,
Learn to live without fear
It is this 'FEAR' that most Singaporean are living with
Comes 2016 we'll see many with tears

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

When can they be ready?

any opposition coming to the constituency me is staying in will get my vote for now :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
primary objective: reduce PAP seats to < 2/3

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

any opposition coming to the constituency me is staying in will get my vote for now :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
primary objective: reduce PAP seats to < 2/3

Which area do u reside in?? My area opposition may win but now WP wanna come 3 corner... Cham

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Not ready to form a government?

Vote opposition as an insurance?

Vote us not to form a government?

We are not even starting yet?

What kind of clown is this LTK?

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOrp6kMCVis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOrp6kMCVis?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

What I can say is this.... An opposition that wants to be opposition only is not good... You know what I mean??

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

But in parliament you have to be more circumspect until you have real solid evidence and not merely throwing darts.

That's right. We must also be mindful that the entire govt machinery is AGAINST all opposition parties. There is no chance one or more of them will be objective when it comes to PAP vs Any Opposition. The civil service is the strongest weapon the PAP possess. I know. I was there previously.

Let's just speculate that LTK is indeed on their payroll. So what? At least he spoke up for his constituents and raises issues for the govt to ponder. He did far better than Ling and Cheo. The only setback being the MIWs being fully aware of what's happening and going to happen in the WP. If LTK is indeed one, he isn't the only one.

skponggol

Alfrescian
Loyal

Straits Times: WP loses appeal against $265,000 damages
http://wpsn.wordpress.com/category/1999-05/

In May 1999, “the Court of Appeal delivered a judgment that will pave the way for 10 people to pursue their petition to wind up the Workers’ Party.” If they had succeeded in winding up WP then, both JBJ and Low Thia Khiang would have lost their MP seat.

What had happened to that petition?

Did Low Thia Khiang managed to find the money and pay up? If so, how did he get the money? Why was it that he had the money to save his very own MP seat, but none for his old mentor?

But according to JBJ, they ultimately dropped their charges against WP but only focused against him?
http://www.singapore-window.org/sw00/001004jb.htm

“And now, eight individuals…..have commenced bankruptcy proceedings against me over a judgment they obtained against me, the Workers' Party, and A. Balakrishnan over an article (of which Balakrishnan was the author) in the party newspaper. Although the judgment is against the three, they have chosen to proceed only against me. They are represented by Mr Davinder Singh, the lawyer for Mr Lee Kuan Yew in another suit by him against me.”

The question is WHY?

Why did PAP drop their petition to wind up WP? They could have kicked Low Thia Khiang out of Parliament? And why was Low so passive in raising funds to help JBJ? JBJ had to seek outside help to help him raise funds. JBJ ultimately went on to sue Low and WP to help him defray cost.

The answer is quite simple: if PAP were to wind up WP, Low would be pushed to a corner and fight for own life. He would raise fund aggressively to save himself, and JBJ as well. Low was left out of the picture so that he would be more than happy sitting on the fence watching JBJ being destroyed while he prepared to take over WP. There was some form of unspoken, unacknowledged Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact between Low Thia Khiang and PAP against JBJ.

But it proved one thing: Low Thia Khiang and his supporters/donors are unwilling to help JBJ.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

That's right. We must also be mindful that the entire govt machinery is AGAINST all opposition parties. There is no chance one or more of them will be objective when it comes to PAP vs Any Opposition. The civil service is the strongest weapon the PAP possess. I know. I was there previously.

Let's just speculate that LTK is indeed on their payroll. So what? At least he spoke up for his constituents and raises issues for the govt to ponder. He did far better than Ling and Cheo. The only setback being the MIWs being fully aware of what's happening and going to happen in the WP. If LTK is indeed one, he isn't the only one.

You are suggesting that LTK could be the one who revealed the minutes??

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

“And now, eight individuals…..have commenced bankruptcy proceedings against me over a judgment they obtained against me, the Workers' Party, and A. Balakrishnan over an article (of which Balakrishnan was the author) in the party newspaper. Although the judgment is against the three, they have chosen to proceed only against me. They are represented by Mr Davinder Singh, the lawyer for Mr Lee Kuan Yew in another suit by him against me.”

The question is WHY?

Why did PAP drop their petition to wind up WP? They could have kicked Low Thia Khiang out of Parliament? And why was Low so passive in raising funds to help JBJ? JBJ had to seek outside help to help him raise funds. JBJ ultimately went on to sue Low and WP to help him defray cost.

The answer is quite simple: if PAP were to wind up WP, Low would be pushed to a corner and fight for own life. He would raise fund aggressively to save himself, and JBJ as well. Low was left out of the picture so that he would be more than happy sitting on the fence watching JBJ being destroyed while he prepared to take over WP. There was some form of unspoken, unacknowledged Nazi-Soviet Non-Aggression Pact between Low Thia Khiang and PAP against JBJ.

But it proved one thing: Low Thia Khiang and his supporters/donors are unwilling to help JBJ.

YES..... This is what Francis Seow said.... THIS IS FACTUAL

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Which area do u reside in?? My area opposition may win but now WP wanna come 3 corner... Cham

me helped already sent 5 opposition MP into Parliament :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RafflesTiger said:
There is no such thing as a Western or Eastern human rights agenda, Chee is not doing the wrong thing.. Look at Malaysia, if people do not have the right to gather peacefully, they are powerless... Advancing democracy is about advancing human rights... I do concede that if u adopt a pragmatic mindset, Chee has not done well

It is indeed a pity as far as SDP is concerned. They do have good people who can argue a good case.

Look at for example the recent contribution by CSJ on the social situation, the inequality and key issues of the day all very close to the heart of the common people, something that need to be uttered and uttered well. Well done.

But once he ventures into more abstract human rights issues, he lost them. I don't mean you don't fight for human rights but don't be like those I also human rights fighter. He needs to be more specific and he needs to prioritize.

The more immediate human rights issue is to correct the non-democratic political system. Because it is so wrong and so unfair, it is not difficult to poke holes in it. Even if he does not manage to change it, he would at least gain some acceptance from the electorate and gain some seats for his party in Parliament which is a better platform to question policies and to express alternative views.

If CSJ is not willing to bring himself out of bankruptcy in order to stand for election, then we can dismiss SDP as a member in any coalition govt, unless he gives up his leadership.

SDP is used just as an example and it can apply to any other party. But SDP does have the toughest baggage to carry because of personal vengeance.

Last edited:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I do not know how u guys view CSJ... But this is my take.. If the fellow wanted political asylum, there are at least a few countries which will take him immediately... He is staying to fight on because he believes in what he thinks is right.. Have u guys wondered why Low is never invited for international talks on human rights and Chee is always invited? And u almost don't see a single report by CNN on Low... Why?

Why does international media almost never refer to Low as opposition leader but always Chee

Betwwen the two, I rather trust LTK. Given a choice, I trust neither.

I opine CSJ is still around coz he continues to serve a purpose. He has done well on the international stage compared to LTK. CSJ is more articulate and aggressive. LTK, lower profile outside S'pore. Isn't that a great combination? Domestically covered. Where NGOs are concerned, covered too.

Surely you can't be that naive to miss what I just expressed.