• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ.......

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

Give WP some time.. They are outnumbered in Parliament by the Scums In White..

No level of playing field when a platoon of 7 soldiers goin to war against a battalion of enemy troops..

We need to send more Oppos to Parliament in 2016..
kick out the white scums......that's all that is needed

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset
Re: Francis Seow specifically mentioned in his book that Low could have helped JBJ...

I ask u la... How many times has a tanjong Pagar resident voted?? You many be young but many of us old liao... And when we are old, most people around us would be FT liao... We do not have many 5 yrs la..

wah lau eh... talk about Tanjong Pagar, limpeh pu hwey... bloody kutu late by a bit end up Tanjong Pagar walkover... machiam almost reaching orgasm then someone post a picture of you-know-who. :mad::mad::mad: anyways, next election can see some action in Tanjong Pagar already, you keep healthy and safe for another 3 years, ok? loon a bit, tong a bit, yah? :smile::smile::smile:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

Low is on good terms with LKY.... U can't blame him......

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

</object>

</object><object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEb3ChJkqM0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DEb3ChJkqM0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

</object>

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

bro, sorry for the self promotion................................... :p

heheh...

me will dedicate a post too at 10K mark :p:p:p

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Watch how Workers Party tripping all over it's feet,

WP is actually proposing higher wages for ministers?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3WjTmd3q6A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H3WjTmd3q6A?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Honestly GG is quite timid..... More of him will do no good...

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
RafflesTiger said:
Hi friend, you are free to disagree... But WP is really "soft" compared to DAP... Or DPP... My point is the same, the electorate will never go full out to support WP in their present form and composition... Just to be opposition and get a few seats, not a problem.. But anything more, I doubt

many people say political inclination is driven more by hatred than love... It seems true....

What has DAP and DPP to do with Singapore? First we talk of ghost and renegades who will never come back or, even if they do, are too old to do anything except to write memoirs perhaps.

Now we are even talking about foreign parties. DAP I have no comments in their fight for minority representation. For DPP, let's say just leave the Taiwanese to themselves. Their politics is too messy for us to take sides on, let alone blandish them as a model for imitation.

I tend to agree with Kingrant that looking at one incident and making conclusion on a person's entire philosophy is stretching imagination a bit (my interpretation, not Kingrant's). If you ask me, JBJ had already lost his rudder and forgotten his mission and led a personal crusade against unfair persecution against him. Left alone, with or without LTK's help there would not be any WP today.

People of that generation, Francis Seow included lived in a different world from today. They got hounded like nothing we see today. The Old Man was in his most formidable domination. The key goal of that day was to fight against that authority, not necessarily seizing power, but more to frustrate and to deny satisfaction. Anyone who did not think the same way was condemned as not worthy as the opposition.

But things have changed much and although the political system is still stacked against alternative voices, there is that sliver of hope that the electorate has matured enough to make that domination less absolute and in fact more vulnerable. Looking at the results, the WP of today, while not perfect and have several kinks to iron out, seems to have made a right evolutionary turn and is actually dreaming of an alternative govt, not immediately but in some foreseeable future.

The question is whether the other opposition parties can also make this evolutionary progression or stay mired in an ideological struggle. I think if sufficient opposition parties can make this change, there is prospect for a truly coalition government consisting of only opposition parties. Otherwise, even if the PAP loses its majority, the likely outcome is for the PAP to form the coalition government with one or more of the other parties in it.

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Those advocating 'no opposition except perfect opposition' are either naive or actively discouraging the election of any opposition. Running down WP for its imperfections is an example of such advocacy.

At the same time, we must recognize the efforts of activists (not politicians, at the moment) such as CSJ, Gandhi Anbalam, CSC, etc. because they are providing a balance to realpolitik played out by the PAPzis and WP.

I don't know how many more 5-years we have but I know the first order of things in the next elections is to take at least 30 seats from the PAPzis and cause them to lose their 2/3 majority. And I believe that is doable.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Umm..... if I recall correctly, it was under pressure for sure... Francis Seow did say that much..

Low is on good terms with LKY... You wait 1 or 2 years can??

hmm... wished FS can provide more insights... me think don't need to wait 1 or 2 years, saw a flicker of the flint in PS in the last few WP rallies :smile::smile::smile:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

I don't know how many more 5-years we have but I know the first order of things in the next elections is to take at least 30 seats from the PAPzis and cause them to lose their 2/3 majority. And I believe that is doable.

bro,
me is in complete congruence with you on this.

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

hmm... wished FS can provide more insights... me think don't need to wait 1 or 2 years, saw a flicker of the flint in PS in the last few WP rallies :smile::smile::smile:

Let me check what exactly he said and see if he said anything else... Note:Book not available in Sinkapore

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Let me check what exactly he said and see if he said anything else... Note:Book not available in Sinkapore

catch a tartar? media enthralled? :confused::confused::confused:

Last edited:

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Umm... PS means what?? I think u are alluding to Low seemingly upping the ante at the last WP rally?? Yes??

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Those advocating 'no opposition except perfect opposition' are either naive or actively discouraging the election of any opposition. Running down WP for its imperfections is an example of such advocacy.

At the same time, we must recognize the efforts of activists (not politicians, at the moment) such as CSJ, Gandhi Anbalam, CSC, etc. because they are providing a balance to realpolitik played out by the PAPzis and WP.

I respect yr view but I am not sure, even judging by the posts in this thread how many people will agree.... Gerald Giam is even inferior to a PAP MP, as u can see quite clearly in the clip above... You can disagree...

Last edited:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Umm... PS means what?? I think u are alluding to Low seemingly upping the ante at the last WP rally?? Yes??

PS is Pritam Singh, just he remember to cite his sources can already :smile::smile::smile:

jw5

Loyal

Sir, when / where did I ever suggest that CSJ was not genuine in his beliefs? I consider myself his friend, albeit a distant one, and I am completely confident that he is genuine. But the path he has chosen will not lead him to parliament any time soon, and that is a real pity.

Do I think CSJ has no place in Singapore politics? Of course, not. But the PAPzis are a complex adversary that require a range of opposition types to defeat. You will need WP to secure a foothold in parliament (and prevent the PAPzis from saying 'that Singaporeans have spoken at the polls and given them carte blanche'). But you will also need CSJ and the SDP to provide the 'moral' compass of a democracy. I do not know how CSJ / SDP will be rewarded for their efforts in future but I believe they will.

But the most important point to note is that damning WP and the inroads it's made into parliament will just play into the hands of the PAPzis and set our efforts back many years.

What an excellent post. You have expressed my sentinments where I couldn't.
Except for the part about being CSJ's distant friend........................:wink:

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

Gerald Giam is even inferior to a PAP MP

as of current stage, folks on the ground do resonate this view as well, he needs to be more prepared.

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal

[h=1]Minister Lawrence Wong questions Workers Party flip-flop on political pay - 20Jan2012[/h]
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdfP2wmtuNk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AdfP2wmtuNk?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

RafflesTiger

Alfrescian
Loyal

Seems like WP has its fair share of detractors even in this thread.... Judging by the posts