• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

France wakes up, bans abaya robes in schools under its secularism laws

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be accurate, they're politically communist. As regards to the land ownership, it's a mixed bag. There's supposed to be freehold. So far, they've followed the rules so you can't call them communist just yet
I believe the freehold land part was created by the british. That included kampung land
When PAP forcibly acquired these land for so called national development, mostly hdb to bring in more immigrants, it turned into 99 year lease.
Also the reclaimed land are also leasehold. I think.
That means anything that came from PAP are leases. No more freehold. I think.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe the freehold land part was created by the british. That included kampung land
When PAP forcibly acquired these land for so called national development, mostly hdb to bring in more immigrants, it turned into 99 year lease.
Also the reclaimed land are also leasehold. I think.
That means anything that came from PAP are leases. No more freehold. I think.
I think you're largely correct. Unfortunately, we have no data to confirm it.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
to be accurate, they're politically communist. As regards to the land ownership, it's a mixed bag. There's supposed to be freehold. So far, they've followed the rules so you can't call them communist just yet.
SG system is 99% communist. That 1% remaining is the veil of fake and rigged elections.

And you have a short memory. Remember Tang Liang Hong and how PAP basically seized his freehold property? This doesn't happen in a real democracy.

A great big bunch of fuckers who studied this still have no idea what they're talking about. Even sam and his free speech. There is really no such thing in history.
The CCCP must be kicking themselves on why they did not think of doing what PAP did, which is a fake democratic system that perpetuates only single party rules. There is zero chance of ever unseating PAP from forming the govt.

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG system is 99% communist. That 1% remaining is the veil of fake and rigged elections.

And you have a short memory. Remember Tang Liang Hong and how PAP basically seized his freehold property? This doesn't happen in a real democracy.
No, I didn't forget. How did you come to that assumption?

The only definition of democracy to be sure is that the government is voted in by the people. It doesn't guarantee non-abusive governments. It is still possible to have democracies with highly abusive governments. Malaysia and Thailand are theoretically run democratically, that is their politicians are voted in, but any observer can tell it's not a good government. In fact, the best example of a democratic government being absolute shit is India. The term you're looking for is probably closest to lawful democracy.

I did say, it is almost there, just cannot call Singapore outright communist because they still have the show of elections and a theoretical parliamentary structure. again, what they call it and what they actually do and even what they wayang is very mixed up. They call it a republic, but have shoo-in presidents, pass on leadership ala dynastic feudalism and strongly encouraging a pirate economy. What are we supposed to call it? There is no definition for this kind of creature. Actually, most systems are hybrids. To find a 100% pure system is pretty rare. North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Iran are probably the most perfect examples.

communism is very strongly correlated to totalitarianism, but there are other forms of totalitarianism including feudalism and especially religious totalitarianism. It is a pathway to dictatorship. But there are others including through religion. The commonality is that the state adopts a belief system that overrides sensibility and fairness. The countries which exert this kind of pressure on their populace in the modern age are either typically governed by one religion or fake religion i.e. communism. The stronger a country is held by beliefs rather than logic is why freedom disappears. Which is also why the US abandoned it's moral authority when it invaded Iraq. When Bush Jr was being fed religious crap that led him to believe rather than reason. This is why secularism is so big in the French republican DNA. So that shit like that doesn't happen. But there are other diseases of the mind that can corrupt logic and reason other than religion. Wokism is a good example.

Communism is a strong pathway to dictatorship, but dictatorships can still have market economies.

The CCCP must be kicking themselves on why they did not think of doing what PAP did, which is a fake democratic system that perpetuates only single party rules. There is zero chance of ever unseating PAP from forming the govt.
probably not smart enough or brave enough to do so. Probably the 1st, but include some dose of the 2nd. I do not think highly of Chinese government.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
No, I didn't forget. How did you come to that assumption?

The only definition of democracy to be sure is that the government is voted in by the people. It doesn't guarantee non-abusive governments. It is still possible to have democracies with highly abusive governments. Malaysia and Thailand are theoretically run democratically, that is their politicians are voted in, but any observer can tell it's not a good government. In fact, the best example of a democratic government being absolute shit is India. The term you're looking for is probably closest to lawful democracy.

I did say, it is almost there, just cannot call Singapore outright communist because they still have the show of elections and a theoretical parliamentary structure. again, what they call it and what they actually do and even what they wayang is very mixed up. They call it a republic, but have shoo-in presidents, pass on leadership ala dynastic feudalism and strongly encouraging a pirate economy. What are we supposed to call it? There is no definition for this kind of creature. Actually, most systems are hybrids. To find a 100% pure system is pretty rare. North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Iran are probably the most perfect examples.

communism is very strongly correlated to totalitarianism, but there are other forms of totalitarianism including feudalism and especially religious totalitarianism. It is a pathway to dictatorship. But there are others including through religion. The commonality is that the state adopts a belief system that overrides sensibility and fairness. The countries which exert this kind of pressure on their populace in the modern age are either typically governed by one religion or fake religion i.e. communism. The stronger a country is held by beliefs rather than logic is why freedom disappears. Which is also why the US abandoned it's moral authority when it invaded Iraq. When Bush Jr was being fed religious crap that led him to believe rather than reason. This is why secularism is so big in the French republican DNA. So that shit like that doesn't happen. But there are other diseases of the mind that can corrupt logic and reason other than religion. Wokism is a good example.

Communism is a strong pathway to dictatorship, but dictatorships can still have market economies.

probably not smart enough or brave enough to do so. Probably the 1st, but include some dose of the 2nd. I do not think highly of Chinese government.
In general will agree with you. Just one correction.

"I did say, it is almost there, just cannot call Singapore outright communist because they still have the show of elections and a *theatrical* parliamentary structure."

nightsafari

Alfrescian
Loyal
In general will agree with you. Just one correction.

"I did say, it is almost there, just cannot call Singapore outright communist because they still have the show of elections and a *theatrical* parliamentary structure."
most boring theatre. 100% pantomime pass off as Marvel blockbuster.