• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Forum points revamp?

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have always posted my compliments and insults in my posts. I think the rep/power should reflect tenure and posting contribution. It will help the newbies. The changes are good as it makes little sense creating new nicks. It also shines the spotlight on new nicks that suddenly seem to know a lot about what is going on. So there is going to be more questions like "why did you check nick?" I am sure some of you know where this is going.

Going thru, some interesting finds.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
The points & power system doesn't make any sense to me. There are some folks with few points and more powers while there are other with tons of points with little powers. Did the math on it, still can't account for the powers.

Have anyone else noticed the meteoric increase in points and power of Peppercrab? And I noticed losing 3 units of power for reasons best known to whoever it is.

My advice - don't get too hung up at all with the points ...just have fun and be loony to the fullest.

I can't stop people from giving me points...what are you implying? Here my rep log:

ScreenHunter_09 Mar. 03 18.47.jpg

Last edited:

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
chow chee bye! which mother fucker zap my power until left so little har?
now how to zap kopisai har?

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look like those forummer who register at 2008 gain the most from this point revamp excerise by ah leong.

most suddenly become very powerful because of seniority.

PS. i seems to gain extra 3 rep points too.:biggrin:

Last edited:

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
look like those forummer who register at 2008 gain the most from this point revamp excerise by ah leong.

most suddenly become very powerful because of seniority ...
me joined same mth as u ... but me make 10,400 (~4.4x) posts mor dan u ... but me oni got 2 powers mor dan u ...

wat n idiotic revamp! ... walan eh! ...

jw5

Loyal
me joined same mth as u ... but me make 10,400 (~4.4x) posts mor dan u ... but me oni got 2 powers mor dan u ...

some power could have been deducted for the spelling errors................................

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal

Here is why:

I have tweaked the Rep system somewhat. There is now more emphasis on seniority and less emphasis on number of posts and number of points when it comes to determining power.

Please refer to the FAQ for the latest updates.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Maybe one thing not corrected is those points given or zapped during times when the powers of some new nicks were sky high.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Here is why: ...
... There is now more emphasis on seniority and less emphasis on number of posts and number of points when it comes to determining power ...
shud change dat 2 ...

there is now mostest emfasis on seniority n leastest emfasis on no of posts ...

dun waste ur time posting 2 gain power ... juz sit there idle n grow o, can oredi ... :rolleyes:

Last edited:

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

hahaha... so u kanna "chop" by this point revamp?

i cannot express my sorrow for your losses...

hahaha....

see "open" a bit. u now in his "house", lan lan must accept.