• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Five Former Chinese table tennis players to play for S'pore. Proud?

SNAblog

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-02/09/c_13724127.htm

SINGAPORE, Feb. 9 (Xinhua) -- Five former Chinese table tennis players will represent Singapore for the first time in the upcoming Qatar Open in Doha this week.

They left for Doha early Tuesday, local Chinese daily Lianhe Zaobao reported Wednesday.

Zhan Jian, a 29-year-old male from China's central province of Hubei, first played as a member of the Chinese national team in 1998. Li Hu, 22, was on the Chinese men's national team from 2002 to 2009.

Zhan and Li will also pair up for the men's doubles category.

The other three players are much younger. Zhou Yihan, a 17-year-old girl, was from the eastern province of Shandong, and Lin Ye, a 15-year-old girl, was from Hunan. Chen Feng, a 16-year-old boy, was from Hebei.

Team manager Eddy Tay Han Chong said all the players had been subject to strict selection procedures.

He said that Zhan and Li could hopefully boost the hopes for Singapore men's team to qualify for the Olympics.

Some of the successful players in Singapore, like Feng Tianwei and Li Jiawei were former Chinese players. Feng, the world No. 3, is also the Singapore Table Tennis Association's player of the year.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Now Chinese sportsmen will have an incentive to do well representing China, because they know there's a cushy job waiting for them in Singapore:biggrin:

melzp

Alfrescian
Loyal
I read somewhere tha ttheir PR application would be forwarded, if they does well.
Funny, are they still holding prc passport?????
Why should Qataris invite these kind of prostitutes who use it as stepping stones??.

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
STTA says they will groom locals and will not rely on foreigners.

Actions speak louder than words

sinren67

Alfrescian
Loyal
How come we always have to read foreign news in order to know local news?

I think PAP just do not want to hurt us that we are not good enough which is a Hard Truths.

Lau Lee, Thank You hor !

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
once again, throwing money to the FTs and starvinig our own people and curbing our own growth and development...

another WTF Theory!.....

you proud ???

cheowyonglee

Alfrescian
Loyal
anyone interested to join me to protest in hong lim park against these china people playing for singapore?anyone???we will apply for permit then protest!!!

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why not bid for the naming rights of medals i.e PAPpies pay the organisers X dollars, they put Sinkieland's name on the medals? Could save time and energy this way. Pragmatic and efficient - uniquely Singapore. :rolleyes:

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Uncleyap may be keen. Can take photo and video some more. Should excite him.

Yap Keng Hole isn't interested in legal avenues of expression. He is only interested in going to jail. The last time he was in jail was 2008. As I recall, he bragged about it on his blog. He was so happy he stayed behind bars even though he was eligible for bail. Between him and hotbot, I don't know who is more insane.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. there is nothing to be proud of!
2. some purchased by-products from chineyland.
3. will do anything or goes anywhere if there is money.
4. will call master to the one who is stupid enough to pay big bucks for such by-products.
5. sheep will!