• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

First is Hard Truths, then Men in White, Now .....

makapa

Alfrescian
Loyal
pic1.jpg

9789814266246.jpg

CYS+-+OBM.jpg

... there is OB MARKERS!

How? Excited or not?

The Singapore Press Club and book publisher Straits Times Press will jointly present a special event to launch “OB Markers – My Straits Times Story.”

OB MARKERS
My Straits Times Story
By Cheong Yip Seng
Date: 19 October 2012, Friday
Time: 2.30pm – 4.00pm
Venue: SPH Auditorium, News Centre, 1000 Toa Payoh North

At the launch, club president Patrick Daniel will lead a panel to engage Cheong about his time steering The Straits Times through the difficult terrain of the local media landscape, especially during his years facing down a “tough-as-nails” political leadership.

“As editor-in-chief of the Straits Times group, Cheong Yip Seng occupied the hottest of hot seats in Singapore media under three prime ministers. This frank memoir is full of lessons for Singapore’s new political terrain, warning a new generation of government officials that they overuse their power over the press at their own and the country’s peril, and entreating news professionals to keep faith with the vision of meaningful, quality journalism,” says Cherian.

Cheong will also be available for signing copies of his book purchased on that day. ST Press is offering the book at a special discounted price of $25 (compared to the retail price with GST of $34.78) for that day only.

All Club members are welcome to attend and may bring guests, but you need to register your attendance with the Club Secretariat to gain entry to the News Centre auditorium. The registration form is attached. If interested, please sign up by 15 October.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nowadays everyone is writing book to earn $$$...

Prataman also wrote a memoirs: An unexpected journey; Path to the Presidency.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal

knn ... $25 to read how the 154th achieve such a powerful ranking? ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

So desperate for $$$ meh..... Sh/h editor earn very little ar?

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
OB = Obiang? bought to u by the man who made straits times 154th

who even reads straits times?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The HARD TRUTH is that because of the evil UNTOLD STORIES of the MIW, they need OB MARKERS to screw the people, and KEEP SINGAPORE GOING as a PAP business.

CannonFairy

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy should get a PAP party award after more than 30 years of outstanding services for his political masters .

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is a true story of the man who used to be SPH's No 1 pimp..

A book on how he successfully nurtured many of his charges to be good loyal sex slaves to their PAP masters..

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
This book is a simply a textbook for those studying mass comm, journalism at our local tertiary institutions. As for the rest of us, I don't see anything to be gained by reading it.

HorGauGan

Alfrescian
Loyal
this guy should get a PAP party award after more than 30 years of outstanding services for his political masters .

http://www.sph.com.sg/article.display.php?id=306

Singapore, 12 October 2006 - Mr Cheong Yip Seng, Editor-in-Chief of the English and Malay Newspapers Division (EMND) of Singapore Press Holdings, will retire on 31 December 2006, after 43 years of service, the media group announced today.

:rolleyes:

Dr Tony Tan, Chairman of SPH, said: "Yip Seng has put in truly sterling service to SPH. Few companies enjoy the privilege of loyal service of this magnitude from a senior executive. On behalf of the Board of Directors, management and all staff, I wish Yip Seng good health and an active retirement.”

:rolleyes:

My impression of Cheong Yip Seng?

white-puppy-running-in-the-grass.jpg

... and impression of SPH?

PAP%20march.jpg

Last edited:

LittleCanary

Alfrescian
Loyal
Really? No wonder the uncanny resemblance in their smiles. From the close-up photos to the way to the titles, these books fits perfectly in the National Libraries and schools.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I should write a book too.... sammyboy revealed.... the path to infamy and beyond.

Discover the sordid truth behind Singapore's Iconic Website.

captainxerox

Alfrescian
Loyal

yup. another pap sycophant publish book to earn cash, all follow lky. they trying to flood bookstores wit their pap views.

this guy lives near the dr from ama keng, big house, sent his kids overseas to study, the usual pap elite. keep within the ob markers and you are made for life.

Fook Seng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I should write a book too.... sammyboy revealed.... the path to infamy and beyond.

Discover the sordid truth behind Singapore's Iconic Website.

Very good idea. Why don't you? Many newbies like myself don't know the history of the senior members of this forum.

cheekenpie

Alfrescian
Loyal
This means he does not need to reside in Chile. He is an ambassador to Chile while living here in Singapore or wherever else that he lives in.

It also means he can zhou bo lan, stay in his big house in Singapore, and get free holiday to S.America as and when he likes.

Pretty good deal as he is in retirement mode after cashing out on SPH shares!

1zx858h.png