• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

First Batch of Singapore Volunteer Corps Completes BMT!!

dancingshoes

Alfrescian
Loyal
but i really missed my army days, my best verse for acting blur when i was a recruit "huh...i don't know...sergeant bor gong(didn't say)...!!!"
then in unit, play mahjong in the mess over the weekends when kanna duty. drink the dirt cheap beer, 1 can $1. very shiok. made good connection with my officers, OC is now a CFO of a listed company and 2IC helping his father in his property developer business.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do they have the privilege of being paid to do RT and IPPT? That is why sinkies have it better.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Can NS' BMT be reduce to 2 weeks?

If we did that, then our SAF would lose its keen fighting edge. We need SAF troops to be of better quality than the Malaysian and Indonesian armies. Currently, they are. I have more confidence in our average SAF trooper than an Indon or mudlander soldier.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If we did that, then our SAF would lose its keen fighting edge. We need SAF troops to be of better quality than the Malaysian and Indonesian armies. Currently, they are. I have more confidence in our average SAF trooper than an Indon or mudlander soldier.

Please ask your son to slap you again for having baseless confidence in our soldiers. SAF officers will be the first group to AWOL because many fear dying from friendly fires. You can bet there will be many casualties at the officer rank from friendly fires.
The creation of SAFVC is to help protect the PAP and the officers.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Please ask your son to slap you again for having baseless confidence in our soldiers. SAF officers will be the first group to AWOL because many fear dying from friendly fires. You can bet there will be many casualties at the officer rank from friendly fires.
The creation of SAFVC is to help protect the PAP and the officers.

I won't AWOL. Neither would my men or my fellow officers. Your fears of mass desertions by SAF battalions is unfounded. We are not the Iraqi army.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
dont blame the Aussies. Malaysians are there .

Citizens from many countries are already there in Syria and Iraq to kill for the ISIS. Are you sure there are no SPR or naturalised sinaporans in these 2 places fighting for the ISIL?

The paps may not admit it but the question is how many SPRs or naturalised sinaporans are also there fighting for the ISIS? Radicalisation to support ISIS is everywhere now. So, when foreigners have the chance to get military training, it is a cause for concern to the locals.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
...the farking keling will get whack by my old rsm who also a keling for wearing a beret that look like hum chim piang.

hahaha .....the paps need these foreigners desperately to take up arms...even if the ah neh wore his beret upside down like a capsized sampan, he is still a prized catch to the paps.

bigboss

Alfrescian
Loyal
Being more capable than useless RUN who took so many months to POP,
i believe the children of many PRs will soon appeal that they deserve to serve in the efficient and elite volunteer corps,
instead of the regular service.

Usually the SPRs joined the grass rooter to gain access to the shitizenship. This volunteer corp will entice many SPRs to sign up. Surely, getting the chance to bear arms is more advantageous when it comes to getting the shitizenship. Whether they will stay and fight for the island or flee like the Iraqi army to their homeland is another story when sinapor is attacked.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
I served 2.5 years. Not 2 weeks. Ccb
ST_20150628_JCCORPS28EQMO_1456238e.jpg

SAFTRA002e.jpg

SAFTRA003e.jpg

For two weeks, Ms Siti Khairunessa Abdul Kadir did not tell her mother that she was picking up basic soldiering skills in Maju Camp.

Instead, the 30-year-old nurse lied that she was overseas on a volunteer mission.

It was only yesterday that Ms Siti, in her green fatigues, revealed what she was really up to - leaving her surprised mother in tears but filled with pride.

She was among the first 226 military volunteers who successfully completed their two-week basic training and became newly minted "soldiers" of the Singapore Armed Forces Volunteer Corps (SAFVC).

They comprised women, first-generation permanent residents and new citizens, all of whom are aged between 18 and 45 and not liable for national service.

At a parade held at Maju Camp yesterday, the volunteers stood up straight with hands clasping their rifles in the blistering heat, while loved ones and friends took photographs and cheered them on.

Among those in uniform was Dr Janil Puthucheary, an MP for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. The 43-year-old Malaysia-born doctor, who became a Singapore citizen in 2008 before entering politics three years later, signed up to be a security trooper.

The volunteers received their berets from the SAFVC commander, Colonel Mike Tan, witnessed by Minister of State for Defence Mohamad Maliki Osman. Also present were army chief Perry Lim and senior SAF officers.

The trainees will have to spend one or two more weeks familiarising themselves with duties required for one of the 17 vocations they have been assigned to. These include roles such as defence psychologists, medical trainers and security troopers who are armed with rifles and patrol key installations like Changi Airport.

After training, the volunteers will be required to serve up to seven days a year.

Ms Siti, who signed up as a medical trainer, said she kept her parents in the dark because she did not think she would make it through the course.

"I didn't want them to get too excited," said Ms Siti, the second of five children, who added that joining the volunteer corps fit in with her habit of volunteering.

Also wanting to pitch in for the nation's defence was Switzerland- born Singapore permanent resident Philip Von Meyenburg.

The entrepreneur, who has been here since 2007, said he signed up as a security trooper because "you don't get security handed over to you on a plate".

Dr Maliki said he was heartened by the volunteers' "high spirits", adding: "From what I see on their faces and, they said, 'We experienced far more than we expected... It was tough, it had to be tough, we want it to be tough' - that is the kind of thing they were asking for."

The volunteer corps was one of 30 recommendations made by the Committee to Strengthen National Service.

Ms Siti's mother, Madam Rosimah Salam, 55, said: "This girl is always full of surprises... But I'm so proud to see her in uniform and holding a rifle and doing something great for Singapore."

[email protected]
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...26-strong-saf-volunteer-corps-complete-basi#1

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Citizens from many countries are already there in Syria and Iraq to kill for the ISIS. Are you sure there are no SPR or naturalised sinaporans in these 2 places fighting for the ISIL?

The paps may not admit it but the question is how many SPRs or naturalised sinaporans are also there fighting for the ISIS? Radicalisation to support ISIS is everywhere now. So, when foreigners have the chance to get military training, it is a cause for concern to the locals.

When foreigners do not serve NS, that was a cause of concern for many sinkies, especially those who could not make it in life and needed an outlet to vent their anger. They chose to vent it on foreigners and PRs who were exempted from NS.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why ah neh from Malaysia come in 2008 can be mp? Same kampong with some of our mp? Like this no need to merge with Malaysia we also ruled by Malaysian Liao.
ST_20150628_JCCORPS28EQMO_1456238e.jpg

SAFTRA002e.jpg

SAFTRA003e.jpg

For two weeks, Ms Siti Khairunessa Abdul Kadir did not tell her mother that she was picking up basic soldiering skills in Maju Camp.

Instead, the 30-year-old nurse lied that she was overseas on a volunteer mission.

It was only yesterday that Ms Siti, in her green fatigues, revealed what she was really up to - leaving her surprised mother in tears but filled with pride.

She was among the first 226 military volunteers who successfully completed their two-week basic training and became newly minted "soldiers" of the Singapore Armed Forces Volunteer Corps (SAFVC).

They comprised women, first-generation permanent residents and new citizens, all of whom are aged between 18 and 45 and not liable for national service.

At a parade held at Maju Camp yesterday, the volunteers stood up straight with hands clasping their rifles in the blistering heat, while loved ones and friends took photographs and cheered them on.

Among those in uniform was Dr Janil Puthucheary, an MP for Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC. The 43-year-old Malaysia-born doctor, who became a Singapore citizen in 2008 before entering politics three years later, signed up to be a security trooper.

The volunteers received their berets from the SAFVC commander, Colonel Mike Tan, witnessed by Minister of State for Defence Mohamad Maliki Osman. Also present were army chief Perry Lim and senior SAF officers.

The trainees will have to spend one or two more weeks familiarising themselves with duties required for one of the 17 vocations they have been assigned to. These include roles such as defence psychologists, medical trainers and security troopers who are armed with rifles and patrol key installations like Changi Airport.

After training, the volunteers will be required to serve up to seven days a year.

Ms Siti, who signed up as a medical trainer, said she kept her parents in the dark because she did not think she would make it through the course.

"I didn't want them to get too excited," said Ms Siti, the second of five children, who added that joining the volunteer corps fit in with her habit of volunteering.

Also wanting to pitch in for the nation's defence was Switzerland- born Singapore permanent resident Philip Von Meyenburg.

The entrepreneur, who has been here since 2007, said he signed up as a security trooper because "you don't get security handed over to you on a plate".

Dr Maliki said he was heartened by the volunteers' "high spirits", adding: "From what I see on their faces and, they said, 'We experienced far more than we expected... It was tough, it had to be tough, we want it to be tough' - that is the kind of thing they were asking for."

The volunteer corps was one of 30 recommendations made by the Committee to Strengthen National Service.

Ms Siti's mother, Madam Rosimah Salam, 55, said: "This girl is always full of surprises... But I'm so proud to see her in uniform and holding a rifle and doing something great for Singapore."

[email protected]
- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/si...26-strong-saf-volunteer-corps-complete-basi#1

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Where's the son of Pres KFC Tan who still otang his NS duties?

He did his NS in a research lab, where his research contributed tremendously to Mindef's technological advantage over our neighbouring countries. We are so fortunate that our president has such a talented son.

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Useless RUN was not fit, so went for 2 months of PDP and 3 months of BMT to POP = 20 months.
They 2 weeks = 10x better than RUN

Maybe I can relate to these photos better

stop-killing-singapore-sons.jpg

My rifle was this

wws5.jpg

WE WERE SOLDIERS

Your rifle is simi? Cannot see leh.

The picture of troopers on the ramp door of Ultra belong to u? So your NSF is ultra or bx? Which camp u book in during nsf?

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your rifle is simi? Cannot see leh.

The picture of troopers on the ramp door of Ultra belong to u? So your NSF is ultra or bx? Which camp u book in during nsf?

I am from the M16 generation
That is a pict I found online that I can associate with, back then no cameras allowed in camp, cannot use camera phone
AI uses bx
From sgc

Sgc is not soh guan chuan
Hahahaa, zeng bx in soh guan chuan