• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

FAPee: No $ To Maintain Public Pools Woh! But NO REGRET Losing Billions!

makapaaa

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Apr 10, 2010

Rundown facilities in public pools

<!-- by line --><!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar --><!-- story content : start -->
I AM a regular swimmer and swim about three to four times a week. I have visited many swimming complexes around the island, but the two I visit most often are those in Ang Mo Kio and Yio Chu Kang.
Although the water in the pools is clean, the facilities are old and rundown.
At the Ang Mo Kio Swimming Complex, for instance, some doors have damaged locks, there are not enough benches in the washroom, and the toilet seats are old and dirty.
Recently, some sections of the washroom were flooded. Equipment is not kept in its proper place, and a rusty lamp-post outside needs maintenance.
The situation in the Yio Chu Kang Swimming Complex is better, but door locks need to be repaired and the washroom needs a major clean-up.
I understand that swimming pools are not fully utilised and visitor numbers may not justify the cost of upgrading the facilities, but I am not asking for water slides or massage pools like those in the recently opened Sengkang Swimming Complex. Their basic facilities should be repaired and kept clean.
Alvin Wu

_AXL_

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha... the jurong west swimming pools have very new facilities but the dirt at the bottom of the pool seem to have gotten their PR status liao.:rolleyes:

maybe it is just me, i would have the old facilities anytime, rather to have to wade through scum.:( we lesser mortals who dont live in condos nor have access to fancy country clubs will just have to suck it up and put up with it.