• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Expensive refrigerators are dying young.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal

Expensive fridges are dying young.​

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/consumer/expensive-fridges-dying-fraud-claims/3428989

Betsy Anderson’s luck with refrigerators stinks as badly as the food she’s tried to keep cold. First, a US$2,800 Kenmore Elite fridge — with an LG compressor inside — died in late 2019. “It was like 15 months old,” she said. “It basically stopped working. It wasn’t cold.”

Anderson filed for warranty service. But after two months of replacement parts failing, techs canceling service calls, and Thanksgiving approaching, she broke down and bought another fridge: a brand-new LG.

Groundhog day: US$2000 fridge edition

It only lived four years. “That just died, this year. Same thing. And I didn’t even bother calling them,” Anderson said.

realDonaldTrump

Alfrescian
Loyal
Refrigerators from reputable brands like Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp can last 10-20 years.

But these days, people add Touchscreen, Home-networking WIFI, AI, Ice-making capabilities. Too high tech resulted in possibilities of more defects.

Maybe we should keep it simple.

gsbslut

Stupidman
Loyal
my late grandpa samsung ice making 2 vertical door fridge which he bought for me in 2013 is still working fine in my place leh.. no signs of funny sounds or signs of imminent breakdown

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone tried Tiong brand fridges?

Haier fridges.

https://www.haier.com/cooling/

T1K6bHBTYT1RCvBVdK.jpg

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Expensive fridges are dying young.​

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/investigations/consumer/expensive-fridges-dying-fraud-claims/3428989

Betsy Anderson’s luck with refrigerators stinks as badly as the food she’s tried to keep cold. First, a US$2,800 Kenmore Elite fridge — with an LG compressor inside — died in late 2019. “It was like 15 months old,” she said. “It basically stopped working. It wasn’t cold.”

Anderson filed for warranty service. But after two months of replacement parts failing, techs canceling service calls, and Thanksgiving approaching, she broke down and bought another fridge: a brand-new LG.

Groundhog day: US$2000 fridge edition

It only lived four years. “That just died, this year. Same thing. And I didn’t even bother calling them,” Anderson said.

what a DUMBass.................bought a fridge that failed with LG compressor...............then bought a new LG fridge...............

should buy Jap brands.............Korean brands look good but no match for Japs...........

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Refrigerators from reputable brands like Panasonic, Toshiba, Sharp can last 10-20 years.

But these days, people add Touchscreen, Home-networking WIFI, AI, Ice-making capabilities. Too high tech resulted in possibilities of more defects.

Maybe we should keep it simple.

Toshiba and Sharp are no longer Jap-owned.............

Panasonic or Midea?

Toyota or Chery ?..............it's a no-brainer.............

GE fridge is the goat. Mine lasted close to 40 years !

the massive electricity bills from that GE fridge would be enough to buy a new fridge...........

For no-frills 200-300 Litres units,

I think Midea, Haier, Sharp and Panasonic all about the same price

then no-brainer................Panasonic...................but Mitsubishi is best..............then Hitachi.................then Panasonic..........