• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do Not Buy SAMSUNG FRIDGE!!!!

Johnrambo

Alfrescian
Loyal
We bought a Samsung double-door fridge in August 2018. More than 2 months ago, the freezer broke down. After repeatedly calling customer service, they came down once, made some adjustments and the freezer is still not working. The fridge started to break down too. We called again and again. They came down after a month and changed the compressor. However, it is not still not working. Currently, the fridge is not cold enough and the freezer is not working. The customer service person told us that the fridge is beyond repair and they can refund us the depreciated value of the fridge on condition that they have the purchase invoice. After giving them the purchase invoice, they now say that they can give us a discount code to purchase a new SAMSUNG fridge. We feel deceived and fatigued dealing with these SAMSUNG customer service staff. Is a $3000 double door fridge supposed to work for only 3 years 6 months? We understand that the warranty is only for a year. However, is it normal for a premium fridge to be deemed unrepairable after 3 years and 6 months? Why would anyone still want a repair code to buy a fridge that would only last such a short time?

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/do-not-buy-samsung-fridge.6717028/

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
We bought a Samsung double-door fridge in August 2018. More than 2 months ago, the freezer broke down. After repeatedly calling customer service, they came down once, made some adjustments and the freezer is still not working. The fridge started to break down too. We called again and again. They came down after a month and changed the compressor. However, it is not still not working. Currently, the fridge is not cold enough and the freezer is not working. The customer service person told us that the fridge is beyond repair and they can refund us the depreciated value of the fridge on condition that they have the purchase invoice. After giving them the purchase invoice, they now say that they can give us a discount code to purchase a new SAMSUNG fridge. We feel deceived and fatigued dealing with these SAMSUNG customer service staff. Is a $3000 double door fridge supposed to work for only 3 years 6 months? We understand that the warranty is only for a year. However, is it normal for a premium fridge to be deemed unrepairable after 3 years and 6 months? Why would anyone still want a repair code to buy a fridge that would only last such a short time?

https://forums.fuckwarezone.com.sg/threads/do-not-buy-samsung-fridge.6717028/
Agreed. This is horrible after sales support and even worse redemption terms.

Where is that consumer watchdog? Eat too full now sleep?

LordElrond

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I stopped buying Samsung after they screwed me on my Note2 and Note5 a decade back… things seem to breakdown soon after warranty period. Despite hearing so many good things about Samsung, I don’t dare to buy any of their products

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Agreed. This is horrible after sales support and even worse redemption terms.

Where is that consumer watchdog? Eat too full now sleep?
My Samsung fridge broke down after 14 months. Samsung is like a jack of all trades and master of none. Thereafter, I bought a Bosch and so far so good.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Have you tried a Tiong brand refrigerator?

Haier received good reviews.

https://www.haierappliances.com/refrigeration

4175743.jpg

These gentlemen look like they know a lot about refrigerators.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have been using a Samsung fridge for the last 15 years. No problem at all. And the refrigeration is still damn cold.

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever you buy is heng-sway,
whether cars or smartphones or TV or washing machines, etc

In the 70's my ACMA fridge can survive almost 30yrs.
My current Samsung fridge is already 12 yrs.

butoh6050

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had alot of problems with my samsung fridge too.
The freezer gets iced up which stops the fan from working resulting in items going bad a lot sooner.
I tried manually defrosting the freezer by using a hair dryer. works for 3 weeks, then same issue.
Dump the garbage of a fridge and got a GE. Working well so far.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I had alot of problems with my samsung fridge too.
The freezer gets iced up which stops the fan from working resulting in items going bad a lot sooner.
I tried manually defrosting the freezer by using a hair dryer. works for 3 weeks, then same issue.
Dump the garbage of a fridge and got a GE. Working well so far.

Once upon a time those Jap brand fridges were the gold standard e.g. Sanyo, Mitsubishi, Hitachi etc. Not sure if that's still the case now.

Samsung is only good at producing computer parts e.g. RAM and OLED display panels. Samsung phones also have a somewhat loyal following over the years. If you really want to buy a Korean brand fridge or washing machine, get a LG instead.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why is the customer still talking to the local Samsung agent? Just hoot directly to Samsung Korea. Donkeys years ago when I bought a 34-Inch CRT TV from TOSHIBA, I had experienced distorted sound from its NICAM stereo. I complained to TOSHIBA SINGAPORE to insist for a replacement set since it was less than 7 days old and even told them that I will accept it as a manufacturing defect if the second set will still have the same symptom. I further assured them that it is not due to a weak antenna signal problem because my SANYO 21-Inch CRT TV does not have this problem with its NICAM stereo reception. But, they claimed that it cannot be done because the warranty had already been registered. The most they can do is to bring back the set for checking and repair.

So, I don't even want to negotiate with them thereafter and immediately wrote a complaint letter (via facsimile as there was no email at that time) directly to TOSHIBA JAPAN. I got the TOSHIBA JAPAN's facsimile number from SINGTEL as the TOSHIBA SINGAPORE office don't even want to reveal it to me. Less than a week later, the manager from TOSHIBA SINGAPORE lan lan called me to arrange for an exchange. Unfortunately, the problem was still the same and so, I concluded that it is a manufacturing defect, probably with their NICAM decoder chip.

Last edited:

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
We are the best!

Fisher & Paykel

Fisher & Paykel Appliances Holdings Ltd is a major appliance manufacturer which is a subsidiary of Chinese multinational home appliance manufacturer Haier.
It is a multinational corporation based in East Tamaki, New Zealand.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
My mum phillips still working. Must be more than 30 years.
My toshiba fridge only about 15 years.still in good shape.