• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Example of Doctor abuse by Passive Aggressive Canadians

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My third patient encounter started a bit differently. I entered the room with the medical student who was working with me. I saw a man with swollen legs accompanied by a family member. I introduced myself as I usually do. “Good morning! I am Dr. (my last name), I will be your doctor today. This is our medical student, (name).”
KNN this loctor made a mistake by introducing himself KNN in sg loctor will never intro and they probablee would not even intro the student loctor KNN pte loctor maybe will intro but will not have any student loctor present KNN by introducing they already made the 1st step to kana abuse KNN pte loctor kana abuse is no choice case want to earn their money want to switch role have to be a gov loctor can tekan patient song song KNN

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
KNN this loctor made a mistake by introducing himself KNN in sg loctor will never intro and they probablee would not even intro the student loctor KNN pte loctor maybe will intro but will not have any student loctor present KNN by introducing they already made the 1st step to kana abuse KNN pte loctor kana abuse is no choice case want to earn their money want to switch role have to be a gov loctor can tekan patient song song KNN
SG never train introducing to patients then.

Actually I dont recall a proper training on this during my NUS days. Maybe i forgot liao.

But in Canada it is part of the examination and also assessment as a resident.

https://www.physicianspractice.com/...-your-practice-are-critical-patient-relations

Introducing yourself to a patient. When meeting a patient for the first time, make eye contact, extend your hand (when appropriate) and personalize the introduction by saying something like, "Hello Mr. Wong, I'm Dr. Smith, the orthopedic surgeon who will be performing your hip replacement." If family members or friends are in the room, acknowledge them as well.

It is prudent to address people with an honorific (Mr., Mrs., Dr., Miss, or Ms.), unless they ask you to call them by their first name. Let people know if you prefer to be called by your given name by inviting them to do so: "I'm Dr. Smith, and it's OK for you to call me Julia if you like."

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
It is not acceptable standard not to introduce yourself to patient if you are a HCW.

https://www.bmj.com/content/347/bmj.f5833/rapid-responses

Healthcare staff must properly introduce themselves to patients​

BMJ 2013; 347 doi: https://doi.org/10.1136/bmj.f5833 (Published 02 October 2013)Cite this as: BMJ 2013;347:f5833

1. Kate Granger, elderly medicine registrar and cancer patient, Yorkshire
  2. [email protected]
After some staff didn’t introduce themselves to her, the doctor turned patient Kate Granger launched her #hellomynameis Twitter campaign, which has struck a chord. It’s so much more than just good manners
I am lying on a trolley in the emergency department feeling extremely unwell. My temperature is 39°C and my pulse 150 beats per minute. It is about 36 hours since I underwent a routine extra-anatomic stent exchange, and I have developed sepsis. A young surgical doctor clerks me in. He does not introduce himself by name, instead plumping for “I’m one of the doctors.” A nurse comes to administer my intravenous antibiotics. She does not introduce herself at all.
Over the five day admission I lost count of the number of times I have to ask staff members for their names. It feels awkward and wrong. Introducing yourself is the first basic step taught in any clinical interaction for any healthcare professional, but do we ever stop and think about how important this is? As the patient you are in an incredibly vulnerable position. The healthcare team knows so much personal information about you, yet you know next to nothing about them. This results in a very one …

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I think how I was taught is to introduce this way....

Bart Kenney?

Hi! I am Dr Bend Over4U. How are you today?

Short and sweet. Also this is normally how people greet each other in Canada anyway.

However this will not work in sg.

Because people do not ask each other how ate you.

I kena a few times.

How are you? How are you your head lah! Of course bad lah! Otherwise come see you stupid dr for what? Idiot dr!

Sinkies very rude.

Same with PRC and hongkies. You dont ask how they are. Just say you good. Ni hao. Lei ho.

For all patients after greetings and intro then I ask how can I help you?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG never train introducing to patients then.

Actually I dont recall a proper training on this during my NUS days. Maybe i forgot liao.

But in Canada it is part of the examination and also assessment as a resident.

https://www.physicianspractice.com/...-your-practice-are-critical-patient-relations

Introducing yourself to a patient. When meeting a patient for the first time, make eye contact, extend your hand (when appropriate) and personalize the introduction by saying something like, "Hello Mr. Wong, I'm Dr. Smith, the orthopedic surgeon who will be performing your hip replacement." If family members or friends are in the room, acknowledge them as well.

It is prudent to address people with an honorific (Mr., Mrs., Dr., Miss, or Ms.), unless they ask you to call them by their first name. Let people know if you prefer to be called by your given name by inviting them to do so: "I'm Dr. Smith, and it's OK for you to call me Julia if you like."
Does Canada segregate subsidies and non subsidies patient? KNN sg subsidized patient have to eat humble pie even if they were to make to wait for loctor for 3 4 hrs KNN if we attempt to ask loctor why make me wait so long they will say becas you are subsidised and do you know the lumber of patients waiting out there everyone got to wait KNN where got time to talk about introduction KNN

ChristJohnny

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can't blame the general population. Imagine a "Doctor" in Malaysia, you have to wonder if he/she became a doctor because based mediocrity or simply race quota. Example : to be a doctor, your minimum IQ should be 130. As in the case in Africa or Malaysia, how many of its doctor have an IQ of 130? If the quota of 130 are not met, how many are selected based on the next rung of qualified populace.

So, can you trust a doctor from these countries in Africa and Malaysia? I beg the question.

Race and IQ
IQ Map-2.png

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Does Canada segregate subsidies and non subsidies patient? KNN sg subsidized patient have to eat humble pie even if they were to make to wait for loctor for 3 4 hrs KNN if we attempt to ask loctor why make me wait so long they will say becas you are subsidised and do you know the lumber of patients waiting out there everyone got to wait KNN where got time to talk about introduction KNN
There is no paying private medical system.

All universal health care.