• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Even Goh Meng Seng ex-Secretary General of NSP agrees Roy Ngerng deframed PM Lee!

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Even Goh Meng Seng ex-Secretary General of NSP agrees Roy Ngerng deframed PM Lee

A wrong is a wrong and I do not think Roy should play victim after making such glaring mistake. There is absolutely no compelling reason to make such comparison when you want to talk about CPF issues. It is really a mischievous act and he thought he can get away with that. Maybe he wanted to get sued after all, else I really do not understand why he wanted to do that.

I don't disagree with you here. But the way you framed the issue - essentially supporting Drew & Napier without further qualification or discussion of the underlying CPF issues - makes you look like a PAP lapdog who just stuck a knife even further into Roy Ngerng's back.

The issue not whether Roy has indeed defamed the PM but the way lawsuits are used to silence dissent and avoid discussion. Notice that far fewer people shared Roy's latest post about CPF. That's what I call chilling effect.

Your posts helps no one at all. If you're gentleman, go and private message him on FB or on his email to ask him to back down and save his $$$ and heartache for another day.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
Re: Even Goh Meng Seng ex-Secretary General of NSP agrees Roy Ngerng deframed PM Lee

You are on my FB, you should know or have read my other postings on this issue. :smile:

For this particular posting, I have already said, I am addressing to the question posted to me by other people on "whether Roy has really defamed PM Lee". The answer is yes and I have already explained why.

Why deliberately "framed" your questions on me as if I am pointing a knife at anybody? Are you being mischievous or what? :wink:

Well, in the same thread of this posting, I have further said that Roy has done something more damaging to the whole CPF issue. The act that invited lawyer letter from PM Lee has unfortunately diverted the attention from the REAL ISSUE of CPF.

Goh Meng Seng

I don't disagree with you here. But the way you framed the issue - essentially supporting Drew & Napier without further qualification or discussion of the underlying CPF issues - makes you look like a PAP lapdog who just stuck a knife even further into Roy Ngerng's back.

The issue not whether Roy has indeed defamed the PM but the way lawsuits are used to silence dissent and avoid discussion. Notice that far fewer people shared Roy's latest post about CPF. That's what I call chilling effect.

Your posts helps no one at all. If you're gentleman, go and private message him on FB or on his email to ask him to back down and save his $$$ and heartache for another day.

SadPlumpGal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Didn't you recruit Nicole Seah into politics?

Has she given up now that she is spending most of her time in Thailand?

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

For this particular posting, I have already said, I am addressing to the question posted to me by other people on "whether Roy has really defamed PM Lee". The answer is yes and I have already explained why.

Why deliberately "framed" your questions on me as if I am pointing a knife at anybody? Are you being mischievous or what? :wink:

Well, in the same thread of this posting, I have further said that Roy has done something more damaging to the whole CPF issue. The act that invited lawyer letter from PM Lee has unfortunately diverted the attention from the REAL ISSUE of CPF.

The PAP IB may seem like unthinking brutes but actually they are very good at analysing whether a given situation is beneficial for them. If they quote you, I can guarantee they see your remarks as helping them.

Imagine is the discussion of damages with Drew & Napier they bring up your post and say ... see, even opposition candidate (contested twice somemore) agree with us that you defamed the PM. Don't think Roy will be happy with you.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset

It doesn't really matter to me. I may be opposition figure even though I am non-partisan now, but that doesn't mean that I will twist my heart and my principles to hide facts and truth, no matter how inconvenient or embarrassing they are to opposition parties or individuals.

You are blaming the wrong person dude. You should be blaming those who made such glaring mistakes which allow PAP to take the opportunity to attack them and derail the opposition course instead of trying to say we should not speak about the mistakes opposition people have made. Else, you are really no different from PAP.

If anyone in opposition has done something wrong, be it scandal like YSL or silly mistake like Roy, just admit it, apologize and move on. There is no shame in admitting your mistakes here but instead, it is really shameful to try to cover up or side with people who have done wrong, hoping that these things will just go away.

Goh Meng Seng

The PAP IB may seem like unthinking brutes but actually they are very good at analysing whether a given situation is beneficial for them. If they quote you, I can guarantee they see your remarks as helping them.

Imagine is the discussion of damages with Drew & Napier they bring up your post and say ... see, even opposition candidate (contested twice somemore) agree with us that you defamed the PM. Don't think Roy will be happy with you.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, any average person with a modicum of political and legal appreciation would know that he clearly defamed the PM. There is nothing grey about. So there is no need to shout loud in a manner that plays into the hands of the PAP.

Note the comments from Maruah Chief Braema Mathi. See the comments that she made. She is associated with Siew and Siew woulld know what he did. None of them shouted it out.

Only you did as thought it required deep analysis and your conclusion.

It doesn't really matter to me. I may be opposition figure even though I am non-partisan now, but that doesn't mean that I will twist my heart and my principles to hide facts and truth, no matter how inconvenient or embarrassing they are to opposition parties or individuals.

You are blaming the wrong person dude. You should be blaming those who made such glaring mistakes which allow PAP to take the opportunity to attack them and derail the opposition course instead of trying to say we should not speak about the mistakes opposition people have made. Else, you are really no different from PAP.

If anyone in opposition has done something wrong, be it scandal like YSL or silly mistake like Roy, just admit it, apologize and move on. There is no shame in admitting your mistakes here but instead, it is really shameful to try to cover up or side with people who have done wrong, hoping that these things will just go away.

Goh Meng Seng

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

GMS is the kind of chap who, if a lady tears her skirt in public, will jump up and down shouting: "Hey lady! Watch out! You just tore your skirt! See that huge gaping hole! OMG! Better take care of that now!"

Whereas a decent man will just go and offer his cardigan without saying a word.

messineymar

Alfrescian
Loyal

The issue is not the defamation. The defamation suit is a side issue and weapon to cut down dissent and any attempt to seek the truth.

Let's face it. the PM's wife got a huge chunk of CPF funds at El cheep orates to fuel Temasek. She looks good but that money came from the blood and sweat of ordinary people. And did they get a fair return? If the same amount was given to a well regarded fund management company, will CPF members get a better return. I say yes.
Don't worry about the guarantee, for a premium, the govt can provide a guarantee. After all Temasek also had its bad years. And the vast majority of fund managers do survive and provide decent returns.

The govt still has not given a good explanation with or without the defamation suit.

bro dont make a fool of yourself. u are just a typical complain king

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/portfolio-killers-5-common-investing-myths-2014-05-21

Myth No. 1: I can choose — or my adviser can help me choose — a money manager who will beat the market.

Reality: There is no evidence that any money manager has been able to beat the market every year. A very small fraction of them somehow accomplish this feat for years in a row. But nobody — and I really mean nobody at all — has found a reliable way to determine in advance which managers will do this.

Perhaps the most famous example is Bill Miller, formerly of Legg Mason Value Trust LMVTX -0.52% . In 2006, Business Week named him one of the "Best Fund Managers." Miller had just finished an extraordinary streak of managing that fund to beat the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index SPX +0.79% for 15 consecutive years.

You can be sure that a lot of investors pumped a lot of money into that fund based on those results. But Miller's performance quickly turned sour. For the 10 years ended April 30, this fund's compound rate of return has fallen into the bottom 1% of all funds in its category.

Oh, how fast the worm can turn.

messineymar

Alfrescian
Loyal

goh meng seng very free here. surfing sammyboy forum. do you also go to the adult section ?

Goh Meng Seng

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hahaha, great analogy.

GMS is the kind of chap who, if a lady tears her skirt in public, will jump up and down shouting: "Hey lady! Watch out! You just tore your skirt! See that huge gaping hole! OMG! Better take care of that now!"

Whereas a decent man will just go and offer his cardigan without saying a word.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng bothers to post hoping he will be promoted from his CPT (NS) rank.

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal

Why you all keep comparing Lee and Kong Hee?

They are different lah!

One is voluntary contribution, the other is mandated by the state and forced contribution!

Not fair to compare, one does it in the name of God, the other for his familee

vtran2684

Alfrescian
Loyal

Goh Meng Seng

non partisan my foot.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro, any average person with a modicum of political and legal appreciation would know that he clearly defamed the PM. There is nothing grey about.

I have a different view. The concept of defamation needs to be defined. In this case, Roy made an allegation on the government not PM Lee. The PM cannot move money around Temasek and CPF since this is a collective decision.

There is also no evidence to suggest that the PAP lost a single vote from Roy's allegations. Anyone who thinks the PAP is corrupt already thinks so without Roy. Fence sitters are unlikely to be won over as they look at other aspects, not to mention PAP voters.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Just last year, you didn't think defamation suits will work. Why would it distract from the issue of CPF this time?

http://therealsingapore.com/content/defamation-lawsuits-will-not-work-new-internet-era

aurvandil

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am amazed that after all the sound and fury, no one has forwarded a good method to game and beat the system. The following is Aurvandil's Beat-the-CPF strategy:

1) Transfer all monies from your Ordinary Account to your Special Account. With the ever rising minimum sum, you may as well earn 4% interest in the SA as opposed to 2.5% in your OA.
2) Take care of your health by taking supplements and living a health lifestyle.
3) When the time comes, choose the CPF Life option with the LARGEST monthly payout.
4) Continue to keep healthy and live a healthy lifestyle.

If you do this and live beyond 85 years, you will have beat the system and take out much more than you put in. If all Singaporeans did this, they will be seriously screwed.

If the same amount was given to a well regarded fund management company, will CPF members get a better return. I say yes.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Y

Goh Meng Seng

Your analysis sucks. The issue of CPF now gets more publicity, thanks to the Pinky attempt to suppress discussion on it. Now, the coffee shop talks is on how LHL bullies a citizen who asks embarrassing questions that the government doesn't want to answer.

birdie

Alfrescian
Loyal

GMS, this one I will have to agree with TFBH, not every question need to be answer, especially when a case is on going. As a prominent OP, your voice does carry some weight, or perhaps the question was meant to frame you without you knowing....but what has been said cannot be undone, let's just watch the event unfold. No matter what, I think most anti PAP or even some of the fence sitters will side with Roy. Wish him well.

You are on my FB, you should know or have read my other postings on this issue. :smile:

Goh Meng Seng

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Myth No. 1: I can choose — or my adviser can help me choose — a money manager who will beat the market.

Reality: There is no evidence that any money manager has been able to beat the market every year. A very small fraction of them somehow accomplish this feat for years in a row. But nobody — and I really mean nobody at all — has found a reliable way to determine in advance which managers will do this.

The majority don't beat the market but if you spread out your portfolio to various funds, you are more likely to beat the market. $1 million invest with David Tepper over 20 years would be worth $149 million now. Even if the CPF funds are just invested in index funds, they will still be sufficient to pay sinkees a decent pension.

Perhaps the most famous example is Bill Miller, formerly of Legg Mason Value Trust LMVTX -0.52% . In 2006, Business Week named him one of the "Best Fund Managers." Miller had just finished an extraordinary streak of managing that fund to beat the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index SPX +0.79% for 15 consecutive years.

You can be sure that a lot of investors pumped a lot of money into that fund based on those results. But Miller's performance quickly turned sour. For the 10 years ended April 30, this fund's compound rate of return has fallen into the bottom 1% of all funds in its category.

Oh, how fast the worm can turn.

A large sovereign fund do not put all their eggs in one basket. Money is partitioned out to hedge funds, PIMCO, real estate investment, private equities etc. Some will lose money but overall it should return higher than the market unless the people in Temasek are that stupid in their selection of funds to invest in.