• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eunice Chia-Lim Quotes Bible Verses To Justify That God Has Given Us The PAP Govt.

zeebjii

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Eunice Chia-Lim Quotes Bible Verses To Justify That God Has Given Us The PAP Govt

I'm not worried, because it probably won't happen. Below is an excerpt of the census of 1980, 1990 and 2000. The percentage of "nones" (no religion) to Christians was about the same back in 2000. Buddhists still make up the majority, and many Buddhists are agnostic or atheist.

But they make up a disproportionately high percentage in our govt...we'll see when we welcome our first christian prime minister, whoever that is.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Eunice Chia-Lim Quotes Bible Verses To Justify That God Has Given Us The PAP Govt

I've come across this lame reasoning so many times but it never fails to make my toes laugh every time! You mean that back in those days it is OK to kill your brother and father if they dont share your religious beliefs? What fuck kind of socety is that? Even the ancient barbaric chinks don't do that!:rolleyes:

Yes the chinks do. There's a chinese saying called 大 义 灭 亲, which a milder interpretation means siding with the righteous and not with your own blood relation.

nunsbukkake

Alfrescian
Loyal

But they make up a disproportionately high percentage in our govt...we'll see when we welcome our first christian prime minister, whoever that is.

I don't know if that's true. Even if it is, how do you think it will turn out?

The collective numbers of non-Christians still outnumber the Christians about 7+ to 1. Singaporeans (as a collective) maybe alot of things. But one thing is certain---everytime a Christian steps out of line, there is massive public outcty.

Consider the recent money-business of a well known pastor, his pop star wife and their mega church. The fight was acrimonious from many sides. And the shouting and derision form the sidelines positively offensive and cruel :-) To me, if the dissent is loud and messy, the nation has a chance.

Even amongst the Christians, there is dissent. To the credit of some of them, they still believe in tolerance and forgiveness, and criticise their fellow Christians for acting differently (bless their preachy little hearts :biggrin: ). I think judging people by labels is fraught with problems. To assume that all Christians are assholes is patently wrong. However if you consider that some assholes happen to be Christians, then the picture changes somewhat. I know I've just used labels here, but I hope you get the point.