• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Emigrating to New Zealand

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
should be quite easy. i go over to NZ, register a phantom company, draft out a job of employment to you, but U pay me instead. viola! a job confirmation in NZ.

gosh, i have become way too dodgy ever since i got here.

That is how we get so many Indians into Australia.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard of Google? :wink:

If you're going to emigrate, you need to learn to be more resourceful. There is no nanny govt to take care of things in NZ. You're pretty much on your own.

Great Advice ! since we arrived in Oz, our learning never stops. Now we find joy in hunting for information and hunger for more. kekeke..

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

How long does the whole emigration process usually take ? What kind of timeline shall I mentally expect ?

Can't wait to get out of Sinkapore.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi everyone,

How long does the whole emigration process usually take ? What kind of timeline shall I mentally expect ?

Cannot help you with NZ.

But I believe the NZ High Comm/NZ immigration govt website is able to advise you on this. Just google.

I am not sure if you are able to track the progress of your NZ application on-line (For Australia, we finally have a tracking system for certain off-shore applications)

http://www.immigration.govt.nz/faqs/

How do I check the progress of my visa or permit application?
Once we have accepted your application, you will be given the contact details of the person processing it.

If you applied online, you can check the status of your application by logging into your Online Services account and visiting ‘What’s Happening?’

If you applied using a paper form, but want to be able to check your status online, you can provide details on your form that will give you an online enquiry option. This will allow you to set up an account on the site and receive updates.

If you contact us through our Online Help system, we will be able to tell you the status of your application.

We are unable to provide information about decisions through email. You may be able to get more detailed information by phone, but decisions will not be discussed until you have been notified in writing.

If you are using an agent or consultant, you should also get in touch with them to find out whether they are aware of any problems or delays.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi everyone,

If there are no major hiccups, you should be out of that shithole within a year.

Spiky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sam and all the forummers,

This is great news ! Now I have something to look forward to !

Thank you all for the information. Many thanks indeed.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Hi Sam and all the forummers,

This is great news ! Now I have something to look forward to !

Thank you all for the information. Many thanks indeed.

If you have half a million nzd lying around, you could be all set in a couple of months!!!!:p

h-nzheraldlogo-sans.gif

Residency 'carrot' lures rich investors

note_220x147.jpg
4:00 AM Tuesday Nov 17, 2009

Thousands of wealthy foreigners are lining up to move here, just weeks out from the introduction of business migration laws that will grant them residency almost immediately.

Under a new Entrepreneur Plus immigration category - effective on November 30 - entrepreneurial migrants who create at least three fulltime jobs and invest $500,000 in their business will be offered a fast track to residency.

Currently, entrepreneur migrants are issued with a long-term business permit and can apply for residency only after two years.

Although there is no minimum investment capital required, neither is there a guarantee their residency application will be approved.

The new scheme will grant conditional residence virtually as soon as an application is made.

"There is no time requirement that you must have operated your business for to be successful under this category," the Immigration New Zealand website says.

"The Entrepreneur Plus category provides a faster track to residence for migrants who can demonstrate they have been actively participating in business and contributing to New Zealand's economic development."
About 12,000 people have registered their interest in the scheme through the service's website, with 189 looking to invest $1.5 million or more - a total potential investment of at least $283 million.

The service said it has also received formal expressions of interest from 63 potential investors, and 47 had been invited to apply.

The most interest had come from would-be business migrants in the United States, Britain, India, the Philippines and Ireland.

Property development, education, training and tourism were among the most popular areas for potential investment, an Immigration NZ spokesman said.

The Association for Migration and Investment said the Entrepreneur Plus category would provide an incentive to invest more money - and create more employment - as it removed migrants' concerns about the need for future residency applications.

"Previously, the only option available for business applicants was the long-term business visa, which is not a residence visa, and many applicants under this policy sought to minimise their business investment," it said.

But chairwoman Coral Wong believed only a small percentage of the 12,000 would apply. "It's easy to get excited at the numbers, but $500,000 is still a lot of money for migrants to be investing in NZ and there won't be masses who have that amount to spare."

Marco Chan of Hong Kong, who plans to open a restaurant in Auckland, said the offer of "immediate residency" was key to his decision to apply under the new category.

CHANGE OF FORTUNES

PREVIOUS POLICY Investment capital: None. Job-creation requirement: None. Length of time to residency: Available after two years.
NEW POLICY Investment capital: $500,000. Job-creation requirement: Minimum three fulltimers. Length of time to residency: Conditional as soon as requirements met.
EARLY INTEREST * 12,000 looking to invest at least $500,000. * 189 want to invest $1.5 million or more.
Copyright ©2009, APN Holdings NZ Limited

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you have half a million nzd lying around, you could be all set in a couple of months!!!!:p

h-nzheraldlogo-sans.gif

Residency 'carrot' lures rich investors

note_220x147.jpg
4:00 AM Tuesday Nov 17, 2009

Thousands of wealthy foreigners are lining up to move here, just weeks out from the introduction of business migration laws that will grant them residency almost immediately.

Under a new Entrepreneur Plus immigration category - effective on November 30 - entrepreneurial migrants who create at least three fulltime jobs and invest $500,000 in their business will be offered a fast track to residency.

Currently, entrepreneur migrants are issued with a long-term business permit and can apply for residency only after two years.

Although there is no minimum investment capital required, neither is there a guarantee their residency application will be approved.

The new scheme will grant conditional residence virtually as soon as an application is made.

"There is no time requirement that you must have operated your business for to be successful under this category," the Immigration New Zealand website says.

"The Entrepreneur Plus category provides a faster track to residence for migrants who can demonstrate they have been actively participating in business and contributing to New Zealand's economic development."
About 12,000 people have registered their interest in the scheme through the service's website, with 189 looking to invest $1.5 million or more - a total potential investment of at least $283 million.

The service said it has also received formal expressions of interest from 63 potential investors, and 47 had been invited to apply.

The most interest had come from would-be business migrants in the United States, Britain, India, the Philippines and Ireland.

Property development, education, training and tourism were among the most popular areas for potential investment, an Immigration NZ spokesman said.

The Association for Migration and Investment said the Entrepreneur Plus category would provide an incentive to invest more money - and create more employment - as it removed migrants' concerns about the need for future residency applications.

"Previously, the only option available for business applicants was the long-term business visa, which is not a residence visa, and many applicants under this policy sought to minimise their business investment," it said.

But chairwoman Coral Wong believed only a small percentage of the 12,000 would apply. "It's easy to get excited at the numbers, but $500,000 is still a lot of money for migrants to be investing in NZ and there won't be masses who have that amount to spare."

Marco Chan of Hong Kong, who plans to open a restaurant in Auckland, said the offer of "immediate residency" was key to his decision to apply under the new category.

CHANGE OF FORTUNES

PREVIOUS POLICY Investment capital: None. Job-creation requirement: None. Length of time to residency: Available after two years.
NEW POLICY Investment capital: $500,000. Job-creation requirement: Minimum three fulltimers. Length of time to residency: Conditional as soon as requirements met.
EARLY INTEREST * 12,000 looking to invest at least $500,000. * 189 want to invest $1.5 million or more.
Copyright ©2009, APN Holdings NZ Limited

that is the one. one of the indian folks told me that among his relatives, they pooled in their finance resources to raise 500k or whatever the amount of money that the NZ's immigration require, let one of them qualify for visa and migrate, then channel the sum of money back to another relative who in turn will use that sum to qualify for NZ PR. pretty nifty i must say, but u have to watch out for dishonest relatives just in case.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
that is the one. one of the indian folks told me that among his relatives, they pooled in their finance resources to raise 500k or whatever the amount of money that the NZ's immigration require, let one of them qualify for visa and migrate, then channel the sum of money back to another relative who in turn will use that sum to qualify for NZ PR. pretty nifty i must say, but u have to watch out for dishonest relatives just in case.

Smart fish :smile:

I checked "Unlike the Entrepreneur Category, there is no time requirement that you must have operated your business for to be successful under this category."

Blind me, I should do something now before they tighten the rules.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal
Smart fish :smile:

I checked "Unlike the Entrepreneur Category, there is no time requirement that you must have operated your business for to be successful under this category."

Blind me, I should do something now before they tighten the rules.

i believe the investment ceiling in NZ should be much lower than those in Oz. i knew a singaporean that poured in quite a sizeable amount of money into an eatery shop to earn his business visa.

so if we can open a small business in Nz doing some basic import/export, even if it is break even, there's bound to have some singaporeans that would buy into this business solely to qualify for the business visa. now that is one business idea to consider seriously.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro, I believe this is an old trick liao.. now perhaps they require you to employ locals and bring benefits to the economy.. Well bottomline, there's always loop holes at every corner.. if only we hv a flexible mind..

Poor sinkies may have to attend lessons to be street smart..keke. They are excellent when it comes to OBEYING-the-LAW.. (therefore they can be a good officer or manager) but fail badly when it comes to APPLYing-the-LAW.. True ?