• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Embassy car in hit-and-run

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya theblackhole...agree man....totally no mention of its progress at all.....could it be tranquility before storm?

maybe they purposely keep it low profile...while quietly monitoring and intercepting phone calls, emails, PI photos, etc., and then nab him at one swoop....

otherwise intelligence do what?

this total blackout of news is very unnerving...

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
ya theblackhole...agree man....totally no mention of its progress at all.....could it be tranquility before storm?

maybe they purposely keep it low profile...while quietly monitoring and intercepting phone calls, emails, PI photos, etc., and then nab him at one swoop....

otherwise intelligence do what?

The gahmen spin doctor on leave...... gotta wait for him to report back and spin some cover up story for the 154th to report :biggrin:

prince123456

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d43U0OeWg3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d43U0OeWg3Q&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
oh ya hor...most of gahmen people on long leave holidaying now with kids hor....and certain religious people are celebrating certain festival soon.....

think after festive season then prosecution starts ba....

knnbccb i still cannot believe that the fellow was not the driver and the car was stolen...i mean even IMH patients also won't believe de lor.....

knn that fellow buay gentleman...boh LP jee!!!

for no reason 3 persons laying in hospital beds going through pain and treatment while he enjoying life in a big house with swimming pool!!!

TIAN AH!!!! what r u doing ah?

The gahmen spin doctor on leave...... gotta wait for him to report back and spin some cover up story for the 154th to report :biggrin:

theblackhole

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
nobody says anything...nobody does anything...until the green light is given...

tian ah!!! tian ah!!! tian ah!!!!...ornitufu;-)

Soul_Reaper

Alfrescian
Loyal
What happened to the case of the doctor who rented out his bungalow to a certain embassy in Napier road? Poor doctor never got to collect his rent for 2 years and his case was thrown out by the courts ! To add insult to injury he kenna pay the legal costs of the embassy!! :mad:

I remember this case. Was it a doctor? I thought it was a businessman.
The bungalow owner did not even know he was renting to an embassy as the deal was done by his property agent. All he knew was the bungalow was rented out to a foreigner for $25K per month. As he was based overseas, he left everything to his agent. Trouble started as soon as the 3rd month when the agent was unable to collect the rent. The owner then made a trip back and got a shock when he visited his bungalow. It had been converted into an embassy. The embassy refused to pay him or move out so he went to the courts. The kangaroo courts ruled in favour of the embassy. As the case had dragged on more than 2 years so the owner lost more than $700K of rental + legal fees.

I think the doctor's case referred in the earlier post was another case involving a property at Joan road.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear! Embassy people really MUST be hantam!!!

But again if the owner of the house is doctor or lawyer, then they deserve it!!!

Lawyer monthly income chao chao minimum $25k lor

TeeKee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember this case. Was it a doctor? I thought it was a businessman.
The bungalow owner did not even know he was renting to an embassy as the deal was done by his property agent. All he knew was the bungalow was rented out to a foreigner for $25K per month. As he was based overseas, he left everything to his agent. Trouble started as soon as the 3rd month when the agent was unable to collect the rent. The owner then made a trip back and got a shock when he visited his bungalow. It had been converted into an embassy. The embassy refused to pay him or move out so he went to the courts. The kangaroo courts ruled in favour of the embassy. As the case had dragged on more than 2 years so the owner lost more than $700K of rental + legal fees.

I think the doctor's case referred in the earlier post was another case involving a property at Joan road.

How true...How true...

1 Timothy 6:10 (New International Version)

10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh dear here comes all the Timothy 1:15, Johnson 2:30, etc.

I only know:-

iLunch 12:00
iPhone 3:1:2

How true...How true...

1 Timothy 6:10 (New International Version)

10For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs.

cass888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why you so blur? You think the whole diplomatic corp live in a vacumn. When they first arrive, they stay in a hotel. You think that a hotel is going to allow someone to stay in their hotel if they can't sue them for damages. Then they have to rent houses. You think the house lease is signed by god. You must think that they enrol their kids in UWC by waving their hands at the headmaster and not signing any documents.

Their embassies usually provide funds to cover these costs but it is still a private contract.

Guess again. You cannot sue them in the host country. Whatever you think your logic is, it doesn't apply. Your example of the hotel does not itself prove that there is no immunity. Fact of the story is that if the embassy doesn't pay, it will be publicised and no other hotel will entertain them.

Then again, I guess you can sue them in their home country, which may work for US / UK etc but Rumania?

A friend just highlighted to me. Believe it or not, there is a specific exemption from immunity - third party claims (not criminal liability) for car, boat or aircraft accidents!

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
Anyone knows how to apply to become diplomat ma?

I also wanna be a diplomat base in
Romania then at night I also wanna drink and drive around
Romania city and knock each and every single Romanian down until the whole city has no single soul..

Afterall I am immune to prosecution what..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Many years ago, a drunk US marine based in the Bucharest hit a well known Romanian poet and killed him. The US govt refused to hand him over. He was taken out of the country and court martialled.

So don't worry too much about Romanians knowing how it feels.

Anyone knows how to apply to become diplomat ma?

I also wanna be a diplomat base in
Romania then at night I also wanna drink and drive around
Romania city and knock each and every single Romanian down until the whole city has no single soul..

Afterall I am immune to prosecution what..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can sue them in a host country for contractual agreements. Its not a blanket immunity which many mistake. There are also various grades for diplomatic immunity. There are also reciprocal arrangements between 2 countries over and above what the Vienna convention covers.

Like I said, nobody is going to give them a lease to their property based on the fact that the Embassy is going to lose face as no other hotel will entertain them or they will not be smiled at the cocktail circuit. The host country is also not going to classify someone as persona no grata based on rental issues of minor diplomats.

Guess again. You cannot sue them in the host country. Whatever you think your logic is, it doesn't apply. Your example of the hotel does not itself prove that there is no immunity. Fact of the story is that if the embassy doesn't pay, it will be publicised and no other hotel will entertain them.

Then again, I guess you can sue them in their home country, which may work for US / UK etc but Rumania?

A friend just highlighted to me. Believe it or not, there is a specific exemption from immunity - third party claims (not criminal liability) for car, boat or aircraft accidents!

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fact that the case was contested tells you that diplomatic immunity does not cover contractual agreements. Typically embassy staff will try and change the clause in any agreement where in case of dispute, the agreement will be adjusticated in front of a court of their own country. But most lawyers will change that to Singapore or the UK ( which is considered neutral and well versed in such matters).

Generally people charge a huge premium to diplomats because they they tend to flee the country without notice. Very similar to expats who fled when rentals shot up in 2007.

What happened to the case of the doctor who rented out his bungalow to a certain embassy in Napier road? Poor doctor never got to collect his rent for 2 years and his case was thrown out by the courts ! To add insult to injury he kenna pay the legal costs of the embassy!! :mad:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal
the first victim just passed on and those bloody Romanians probably get away scott free cos our gov is afraid of offending them...they will just sweep this matter under the carpet...our streets especially the expressway are lined with cameras...is it really so difficult to determine if the car was really stolen?

postnew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
p4-1.jpg

Mr Tong suffered severe brain damage after being knocked down in a double hit-and-run accident on Dec 15. -- ST PHOTO MUGILAN RAJASEGERAN

DURING a week normally filled with joy and revelry, Madam Yenni Young found herself having to make the most heartrending decision of her life.
The 31-year-old told doctors last Wednesday to take her husband of one month, Mr Tong Kok Wai, off life support in hospital.
Mr Tong, 30, a Malaysian and permanent resident here, had suffered severe brain damage after being knocked down in a double hit-and-run accident in Bukit Panjang on Dec 15.
He had been unconscious all the while in an intensive care unit at the National University Hospital, feared brain-dead by doctors, and was taken off life support machines at 2pm on Christmas Day.
Madam Young, a Chinese Indonesian, said doctors had given them 48 hours last Wednesday to decide.
'We couldn't bear to at first,' said the hotel assistant manager. 'But it's for the best.'