• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Election 101: What the PAP does not want you to know

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
There are many Myths about the PAP losing an election. There is much fear about political changes in Singapore. Sinkies need not worry. The PAP wants you to think it will be the end of the world if they are voted out of power. The end of the world will not come. Do not worry. I wanted to start this thread to tell my fellow citizens not to be afraid, to have heart. It will not be as bad as the PAP tells you it will be. I analysed the scenario of what happens if the PAP loses power and what they claim will happen. This is my conclusion.

1) The PAP may lose the election and a new party take over. But its not likely the PAP will be totally gone from the face of S’pore politics. Its likely that the opposition party may win by a slim majority, say 55% of the vote, which will mean that many PAP Mps and Ministers will still retain their constituency and their seats in Parliament. This is what happened in the case of Taiwan when the KMT were defeated, but still a very prominent party. This will be a comfort to the electorate as they will see many familiar faces, and also to the investment community and to the world as they know that if the new govt. does not do a good job, the seeds are sown for the PAP to win the following elections and return to power.

2) Its not likely that one single oppo party will win the election. More likely, the PAP will fail to win more than 50% of the seats, and the oppo will have to form a coalition to govern the country. This is where its crucial the oppo start talking to each other NOW. They have to prepare for the contingency that collectively, they may hold more than 50% of the seats and hence they need to negotiate who will get what portfolios and all that stuff.

3) The PAP will tell you the oppo have a lack of quality personnel running for office, and hence are not competent to run the country. Well, can it get any worse now? Does the PAP have personnel so much superior than the oppo? I can tell u to date, no oppo politicians have lose $90 billion plus of the taxpayer’s money, obliterated S’pore jobs, dramatically increase the price of housing, let in millions of strangers unchecked, etc. So, if you think the PAP calibre is so much more superior, u are mistaken. I am here to tell you that when the PAP first started, they were novice knowing jackshit. They hired professionals like the economist Winsemius, and others to give them advice on the economy, industry, trade, etc. It will be no different if the oppo win. Any expertise they lack, they can always hire. Its no feat of imagine to know that we have to take a totally different direction now for our economy, education system, immigration policy, etc. than the one the PAP has put us on a course for. In fact, I believe that many of the oppo leadership are actually quite smart and will turn out to be competent. Many more competent people will wait, and join the oppo when they win. I don’t see why one of the oppo party cannot offer the post of Minister of Trade and Industry to Sim Wong Hoo for example. I am not saying that he will accept this position. But I am saying there are many competent S’poreans with lots of large scale experience. Many are working overseas, and many are in S’pore. Attracting them back to work for a new govt. to affect a better change might appeal to some of them.

4) The PAP will tell you the whole country will go to hell if they lose. Eg. Trains will close down, electricity will be shut off, their normal every day life will be severely disrupted. This is wrong. The PAP does not tell you that they are only a political party. The infrastructure of the country and its civil service belongs to the people of Singapore. Police officers, fireman, hospital staff, etc. are all paid by the government of Singapore, not by the PAP. Therefore, even if the PAP is not in power, this people will still go to work, and the infrastructure will still carry on no interruption. U will still have light and electricity and water, don’t worry.

5) The PAP will tell you the world investment community will pull out of S’pore if they lose, and the property prices will plunge, etc. Well, business people and MNCs are logical. They will not arbitrarily pull up stakes and move. Look at the HK example. The country when from one form of democratic government to the exact opposite communist. Did every single big business pull out? No, they adopted a wait and see attitude. This will be what happens in S’pore too. As for the property prices plunging and all that, is it really a bad thing?

6) The PAP does not tell you that they have so many skeletons in the closet with regards to hidden wealth, conflicts of interest and outright corruption that they cannot afford to lose power. Any subsequent govt. can simply open an investigation into their closet and many of them will be discredited and in jail. People need to realise this is the ulterior motive behind many of the PAP assertions that they are the best and the oppo is not nearly good enough.

I just want to conclude and say that Sinkies are a tough bunch, We go thru NS, we survive one of the toughest education system in the world, we sacrifice family life every year for reservist training, we are one of the hardest working people in the world (60-70 hour workweeks are not uncommon), we are one of the most educated population in the world, we can put up with many deprivations, etc. Because of this, I am 100% confident that S’poreans will adjust to and blossom under life without the PAP. They will tough out any changes and emerge stronger than they were. Do not be afraid my fellow citizens. Change is not easy, But we are at a crossroad now where the existing govt. is not only not improving the lost of the average Singaporean , but is in effect jeopardising the country. Its time to take action and take our country back. We cannot afford many more years of this govt.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
we are one of the hardest working people in the world (60-70 hour workweeks are not uncommon),

60 to 70 hours are spent at the office but very little work actually gets done. Many hang around the office way beyond official hours simply because they don't have a life outside of work.

The best evidence of this that I can offer is the fact that peak hour traffic in this forum is during office hours from Monday to Friday. It drops off considerably during the weekends.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

The best evidence of this that I can offer is the fact that peak hour traffic in this forum is during office hours from Monday to Friday. It drops off considerably during the weekends.
can show charts? ...

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
T...offer the post of Minister of Trade and Industry to Sim Wong Hoo for example. I am not saying that he will accept this position.
with due respect, I rather he not offered, and I 'll be happy if he decline ....
Sim Wong Hoo has lost his halo since the high of sound blaster ... look at his Creative .. has-been & also-ran ... poor choice of example....:(

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
By 2030, there will be at least 900,000 65 year old and old retired Singaporeans.

Assuming an average of S$500 pm CPF Life payment, or S$6,000 per annum.

It means there is a drain of S$5.4-billion per annum from CPF Corporation. In 2030, has PAP Government got the fund to service this CPF Life annual payout?

Assume PAP Government agreed to apply Reverse Mortgage Scheme for 2-room, 3-room and 4-room flat as a means to help out retired Singaporeans.

Assume 500,000 HDB dwelling units are eligible in 2030.

Assume an average of S$10,000 per annum payout to each HDB dwelling unit.
It means an annual outlay of S$10,000 x 500,000 = S$5-billion per annum.

America is now using 17% of its GDP for medical and healthcare.

Presently, the budget for healthcare is about 3% of GDP.

Assuming that due to ageing baby-boomers, healthcare budget doubels up, meaning about S$4-billion per annum is needed just to take care of teh need of an ageing population in terms of subsidised medicine, hospitals, community hospitals, geriatrics polyclinics, nurisng homes and hospices.

And of course, by 2030, PAP Government can easily spend about S$1-billion per annum for LUP, MUP and SERC.

Add up the future burden in 2030 due to our ageing infrastructures and ageing HDB estates, plus 900,000 unproductive consumers of 65 year old retired SIngaporeans, and we have to find money of at least:

5.4 + 5 + 4 + 1 = S$15.4-billion.

7% GST = S$7-billion collection.

And dear Singaporeans, I envisage that GST will go up to 15% (on par with European countries today GST rate) by 2030 just to service all those soical welfarism which we enjoy today…cleverly packaged as Workfare, Progressive Payment, etc.

And the above S$15-billion is a piffy sum as compared to the looming financial disaster, starting in 2030..and yes, the very foundation of PAP Government Success Story – our very own HDB Estates.

I dimly remembered a reinforced cocnrete handbook that I read which indicated that reinforced cocnrete strength starts to deteriorate after 75 years; and worse if it is post-tensioned (PT).
And we use lots of PT slabs and PT beams due to our prefabricated methid of construction.

Imagine you are leaving in a 3-room HDB flat built in 1965. It will be 65 years old in 2030.
You bought it from resale market in 2010 at S$300,000; hoping that it will increase by at least 50% to S$450,000 by 2030.

And if you are lucky and there is another Property Bubble, you can sell it for S$600,000!!!

But the Seller forgot one little fact.

Can the prospective buyer gets a bank loan for a 60+ year odl flat with only 39 of lease remaining?

So, poor Seller is “asset rich, cash poor” as he or she simply cannot find any buyer and may very well have to lower the selling price to attract buyers!!!

Therefore, Mah Bow Tan’s assumption of a continual upward curve of appreciating values hold no water for those poor saps snapping up all those 30+ year old HDB flats – built in the 60s – to the tune of S$250,000 to S$350,000 in 2010.

Then, the chain reaction starts.

There is a large overhang of 60s and 70s HDB flats with no buyers, and will certainly depress the HDB resale market – meaning there is no asset appreciaiton for HDB flats by 2030.
Instead, there is price stagnation due to thsoe unsellable 60+ year old HDB flats in the market.

Then, how will those affected – say 300,000 to 500,000 HDB householders retire if they can’t cash in their “asset appreciated” HDB flats to downgrade to a smaller HDB unit?

Imagine 500,000 60+ year old HDB flats that no buyer will want.
And PAP Government has no choice but to Reverse Mortgage those 500,000 HDB units to enable retired SIngaporeans to have a decent pension funds.

Assume an average price of S$300,000 per HDB unit.
Then, 500,000 units = S$150-billion!!!!!

If the payout is S$5-billion per annum, then those 500,000 HDB house owners will receive their payment during a 30 year period.

Now, what if in 2030, your HDB block is declared struturally unsafe and must be demolished?

Then, force majuere comes into play and you may end up with zilch as your expected asset appreciation of S$450,000 instantly ebcomes worthless as your home is no more, demolished and the land revert back to HDB, i.e. PAP Government.

At one stroke, you are 65 year old, hapily looking froward to retirement.

Then, WHAM! BAM!

You “asset apprection” of a HDB flat is no more but a pile of rubbles and you become an instant pauper with 30-year of hard earned CPF money just turned into conrete dust.

Therfore, Mr. Mah Bow Tan, has you ever think of a 60-year old, and rapidly ageing year by year – HDB flat will ever appreciate on an upward curve when buyers will hesitate, not because they can’t get a bank loan, but becaue of the inherent nature of reinforced concrete strength starts to deteriorate after 75 years or more?
Apparently the only solution to ensure continual asset appreciation I can think of is sadly that for 60 year old HDB blocks (and even private dwelling units), is en bloc, demolishment and re-building.

Meaning that HDB ownbers will need to fork out money to pay for:
- to renew the land elase bakc to 99-year.
- to pay for a newly constructed HDB flats.

I trust you all can see the fallacy of Mr. Mah Bow Tan’s lovely advice of “your HDB flat will appreciate and you can then sell it, downgrade to a smaller unit and retire on the capital appreciation”.

And of course, it is always better to buy brand-new HDB flats.

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some have suggested HDB be a controlled items - meaning that
1. HDB flats not allowed to be sold for profit
2. Flat revert to HDB if you don't need it
3. HDB will refund you the principal amount

<b>Ideally HDB flats should not be treated as money making assets
It should be affordable roof over one's head
and is every citizen's right to be assured of a roof over their head</b>

In this respect - a radical idea to ensure affordability is to base on individuals income - something like mean testing for hospital ward ?

<b><colour=red>Remember brand new flats are still leasehold flats - not forever!
in other words - it is like long term rental flats for 99 years
and in the end it does not belong to us but the state and is not ours for life or can be pass down to our generation

but if HDB flats were declared Freehold - then there is likelihood of continued upward appreciation in values - but to what end and for what purpose?</b></colour>

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
the frist batch was in Queenstown in early 60s..maybe 1963.

Toa Payoh at Lorong 1, 2, 4 & 5 are in 1965.

Lorong 7 is 1965, and my fmaily moved in in 1969, Block 13 - and it is still standing there.

That is, the first batch of HDB blocks are now 45 to 47 year old.

And in 2030, they will be 65 to 67 year old where P65ers are 65 year old and start to retire.

Now, when a 3-room HDB flat is 60+ year old, and you want to sell in the resale market at say S$450,000 for yoru retirement needs, the question is will there be buyer for a HDB flat with 39 leasehold year remaining?

Adn will commercial banks willing tyo loan out a 30-year mortgage loan for this 60+ year old HDB flat?

And what happen tot hat 2nd buyer who paid S$450,000 for a 60-year old HDB flat; only to see it worthless in another 30 to 40 year time?

Asset appreciaiton of course will not work for the 2nd buyer.

Of coruse, if you are unfortunate and perhaps afetr moving in in 2030 and then 10 to 15 years later, the HDB block sid eclared strucuturally unsafe.....and where those affected fmailies move to?

As I said that if a 50 year old HDB flat is udner SERC and completely demolished, then those affected HDB residents will either move away or wait 4 years for rebuilding ebfore moving back to the ned HDB blocks.

But who will fund all these rebuilding works under SERC?

Imagine throughout a 30 year period, an average cost of building one dwelling unit is S$200,000.

Then, just to rebuild new 500,000 dwelling units starting in 2030 - and ending in 2060 - the funds required is 500,000 x S$200,000 = S$100-billion.

Or about S$3.3-billion per annum, starting in 2030.

That is, which ever way you look at it, if PAP Government plans to put all 60 year old HDB blocks under SERC to rejuvenate ageing HDB estates, funds are needed.

And under SERC, say you want to cash in by selling yoru 3-room, 4-room or 5-room back to (and downgrade to 1-room or 2-room) PAP Government, then PAP Government will need to fidn billions to pay out these "asset APPRECIATIONS" to 65-year old SIngpaorean retirees.

genetics

Alfrescian
Loyal
In late-70s, to cater for middle-class demand, HUDC was formed to build affrodable middle-class housing for those disqualified from HDB queues.

A 1,700 sq. ft HUDC apartment (actual nett area, no airocnd ledge, no casement window counted into floor area) costs about S$85,000 at Marine Parade, Farrer Court, Braddell View, Lake View, etc.

Subsequently, Gillman Height, Netwon Area (forgot its name), Amber View, Pine Grove, Serangoon North, Hougang, Eunos, Tampines, Bedok, etc costs about S$192,000.

Lucky cviil servants got Neptune Court and Laguna View.

Lucky MINDEF personnel got Normanton Park.

Single can also buy and I registered in 1978. But abruptly the scheme was cancelled and URA refunded my S$110 registration fee. I still have it and refused to cash in as a protest against the violent U-turn commiited by PAP Government.

<b>Fast forward to 1990 where HDB policy said any single 40 year old and above ar entitled to buy HUDC flats. I dilly andd ally hoping to buy an apartment at Gilman Heights, refusing to buy masionettes at Hougang.and missed this opportunity when again HDB did an abrupt U-turend and no more surplus HUDC for sales.

The price in 1990 was S$192,000.</b>

Little did I knew then that large number of Gillman Heights HUDC flats were sold to NUS; and also NUS colected a fortune during recent en-bloc sales!!!

<b>Therefore, Maw Boon Tan's "asset appreciation" arguments are flawed as it is applicable to those GOlden Decade (1975 to 1985) and those at the front of the queue then...like HUDC owners buying 'em at S$85,000 to S$192,000.

And again, HDB POlicy is geared towards maintaining that HDB Price Bubble as a means of enforced asset appreciations that in a depressed property market, HDB refused to lower the selling price beneath a free market level.</b>

Unsold HDB flats are taken over by entities liek NUS or covnerted to worker dormorities.

And like Hougang unsold HUDC units, either demolished or covnerted back to standard HDB units.

And I blame PAP Government as the main culprit for pumping thsi HDB Property Bubble and really has no clue whatsoever to mtitigate inflation except to gradually raise the price such that asset apprciation is artificially boosted by curbing supply, and not due to free market force.

Asset appreciation is really like a Ponzi scheme.

The Present Generation pays an inflated HDB flat price so as to realise asset appreciation of Past Generation.

Past Generaiton happily cash in, downgrade to smaller flat and retired.

Presentn generation, licking their chomps in readiness to cash-in with Future Generaiton paying the price of another generaiton of artificailly boosted "asset appreciaiton" HDB flats.

E.g.

1960s - Past Generation paid S$6,500 to S$7,800 for a 3-room HDB flat.

2010 - Present Generation paid S$250,000 to Past Generation.

2010 - Past Generation downgrades to a new S$64,000 HDB 1-r00m or 2-room flat.

2010 - Asset Appreciation - $250,000 - S$7,800 - S$64,000 = S$168,200 pension fund.

2030 - Will Future Generation willing to pay S$400,000 for a 60+ year old 3-room HDB flat?

And asset apprciaiton really works for this Golden Generation:

1970s - Past Generation paid S$85,000 to S$192,000 for a Farrier Court HUDC apartment.

2009 - En Bloc sale with each dwelling unti grossing S$1.65-million to S$2-milion plus.

<b>Asset appreciation? easily S$1.4-milion to S$2-million with these lucky HUDC dwellers retiring happily?

[COLOR="_______"]Is that what you menat by "ASSET APPRECIAITON", Mr. Mah Bow Tan?[/COLOR]</b>

And where is the social justice of it all?

And is that how Meritocracy works in Singapore?

phouse3

Alfrescian
Loyal

I think you are mad.

CPF money is fully funded by real money taken from our salaries. Unless the GIC has lost it.

Even when one day en-bloc (selective or ramp-up) becomes too costly, all the government needs to do is open its mouth to extend all leases by say 30 years (or any quantum) and billions of the people's wealth will maintain. It's effortless.

Lease can also be topped up with a sum to be negotiated. The question of how much wealth will be transferred to the government depends on whether it is a multi-party or single-party system. That's why we need real opposition, not token ones.

Only the poor needs to monetize his/her flat, namely - the minority.

We have at least $30,000 in MediSave. Real money! Many have also taken up MediShield and ElderShield. Risk pooling works on the principle that majority will not die an arduous death requiring extensive medical care like what you have portrayed. They will be the ones paying for the pak buay si.

Workfare and or whatever fare are paid out of past or current budgets.

The construction weakness are the exact opposite of what you have described. Onsite is inferior to prefab.

Please don't be fixated with bubble. Property prices can go up due to:
- higher costs of construction
- income growth
- inflation
- improvements (internal renovation, Interim upgrading, HIP)

Overall homeownership is already 90%. It is increasing more difficult to get a new flat. Besides, there are many advantages in getting an old flat, like better location, facilities, SER, etc.

The new generation may inherit one instead of buying or just split the proceeds if there are 2 children.

cooleo

Alfrescian
Loyal
60 to 70 hours are spent at the office but very little work actually gets done. Many hang around the office way beyond official hours simply because they don't have a life outside of work.

Oh u poor little sod, have u not heard of the term MULTI-TASKING? U should try it someday:cool:

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
Oh u poor little sod, have u not heard of the term MULTI-TASKING? U should try it someday:cool:

Sinkies couldn't multi-task to save their lives.:rolleyes: Why else are foreigners needed to keep the economy going.

You forget that I used to work in Sinkieland. I've witnessed just how lazy sinkies can be. The only thing they work hard at is in pretending that they're busy.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
with due respect, I rather he not offered, and I 'll be happy if he decline ....
Sim Wong Hoo has lost his halo since the high of sound blaster ... look at his Creative .. has-been & also-ran ... poor choice of example....:(

Regretably, u sound like one of those sinkie that Sim always talk about, those that cannot think outside the box. Quite pathetic actually. If you look at Sim, and see what he has accomplished in his life so far, u will see that its 10 times more than any PAP minister/scholar/instant SAF general has accomplished. He started a company that for a time was the best in the world for what it did, and was the world standard for sound cards. He did it with no significant help from the govt. or other official channnels. he took a risk and succeeded. Of course now, what with competition and other things, CL is not what it used to be. But he is a smart man, he can and will learn from adversity. U have to be somebody first in other to be a has been. I don't consider him a has been, I consider him a national hero. I consider him as the sole tech success story in what is supposed to be a hi tech country and economy. Dispite his company's current problems, u can assured that he is a very rich man. Wealth he obtained thru his own efforts and not on the taxpayers' backs who were forced to pay exorbitant salaries to substandard ministers. Kindly point out 1 minister that has accomplished what Sim has in terms of wealth, international recognition, etc.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Regretably, u sound like one of those sinkie that Sim always talk about,.......Of course now, what with competition and other things, CL is not what it used to be.

No need to make comparison to our flaky ministers... their incompetence is common consensus ...

As for Sim's ability ... sure he has achieved much. his wealth & self-made legend undisputed.
He was once my hero too, got his 'Millenium' book ... but I think he talk too much ... NUTS syndrome etc boast too much...

In a sense, his technocratic roots similar to our ministars. That is why despite his lofty boast to out-market Apple & defeat a technically-inferior iPod, he ended up with eating humble pie.

technically strong, but couldn't grasp design, consumer psychology & other market vibes .....

He is Spore's only high-tech hero but faded leow ..... sure by all means, you are entitled to continue to hold him in adulation, no hard feelings ...:cool:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
No need to make comparison to our flaky ministers... their incompetence is common consensus ...

As for Sim's ability ... sure he has achieved much. his wealth & self-made legend undisputed.
He was once my hero too, got his 'Millenium' book ... but I think he talk too much ... NUTS syndrome etc boast too much...

In a sense, his technocratic roots similar to our ministars. That is why despite his lofty boast to out-market Apple & defeat a technically-inferior iPod, he ended up with eating humble pie.

technically strong, but couldn't grasp design, consumer psychology & other market vibes .....

He is Spore's only high-tech hero but faded leow ..... sure by all means, you are entitled to continue to hold him in adulation, no hard feelings ...:cool:

Exactly who do you think should be made minister if the oppo wins, if not Sim? I have name a choice, who is more qualified? Pray tell.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Exactly who do you think should be made minister if the oppo wins, if not Sim? I have name a choice, who is more qualified? Pray tell.

I could volunteer the names of top successful businessmen but they would be shot down immediately as pappy por lumpars by the blind-haters here .... I mean businessmen who are successful by definition would be tarred by working with the Establishment/Garmen right ?

So why bother - in any case, a learned man like you surely knows who's who in the top biz circles ...

But more importantly, you don't need a top businessman or entrepreneur to be Minister of Trade & Industry .... most top finance/trade ministers in the world aren't ....

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Yes . Coming into forum at office hours . Real life begins after office hours .

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

just happen to read this interesting post of yours. i also don't think Sim would make a trade minister. Sim is too much a technical person and his skills and experience will serve the private sector better.
as a trade minister you need to plan strategically on a macro level instead of being just technical. Creative tech lost their lead because Sim did not have the vision and appetite to match apple's.
Saying that I hope Creative re-group and come up with another killer. Maybe something in the ebook segment to kill the stupid iPad.

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are many Myths about the PAP losing an election.

Well said. Up ur point.

But there is one more very important thing this country MUST do after next GE. We must re-structure the minister pay. Either decrease it to past levels or peg it to clear performance targets.

The pay scale model is very dangerous and corrupt any one going into that position. This is what we are seeing at Wall street now.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
just happen to read this interesting post of yours. i also don't think Sim would make a trade minister.

To be fair, Sim is one of a kind.

Uniquely Singapore.

Cheena man who is a high tech co. CEO ?
self-made multi-millionaire yet still single, frustrating his mum's wishes ?

Talk of his demise has been much exaggerated.

survived the up/down IT biz cycles.
survived the overstocked CR-ROM crisis.
2 time winner of Businessman of the Year Award.

Survived Intel's challenge of putting sound capabilities on a CPU.
Diversified - bought speaker companies, try to be top name in IT Audio.

pioneered hard-disk based stereo players against iRiver etc.
Out-gunned by iPod.

Spore's 1st NASDAQ co. then left NASDAQ.

Still CEO after all these years.

What is his next new breakthrough ?

I supported him in his pre-Cubic 88 days & bought his Sound Blaster predecessor the Creative Music System (CMS) card....

But his sense of aethetics, lifestyle concepts are not in tune with the US youth & early adopters mkts...

Microsoft tie-up promoting the Zune standard ....

Come on, Sim - whatever your shortcomings, we are still proud of you as a true Son of Singapore !