• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eh Nurses! Resign la! Wait for Fark?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
I urge all nurses who do not agree to being discriminated for not wanting to vaccinate, to resign! In fact all should demand better work conditions!

You are doing a service and yet get screwed with the risks, the testy patients, the double shifts, the zero rest days, the no leave policy, the discrimination, the fact they disallow you your tudung! While your ministers is isolated from danger but still earning the million dollar salary. How much bonus you nurses got last year? Pathetic right?

Go take a 3 month break. Then come back into the private sector. There is always jobs for nurses. Else go apply in Australia, UK, Canada, USA. They pay a lot better with better working conditions and benefits. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot!

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I urge all nurses who do not agree to being discriminated for not wanting to vaccinate, to resign! In fact all should demand better work conditions!

You are doing a service and yet get screwed with the risks, the testy patients, the double shifts, the zero rest days, the no leave policy, the discrimination, the fact they disallow you your tudung! While your ministers is isolated from danger but still earning the million dollar salary. How much bonus you nurses got last year? Pathetic right?

Go take a 3 month break. Then come back into the private sector. There is always jobs for nurses. Else go apply in Australia, UK, Canada, USA. They pay a lot better with better working conditions and benefits. Now is the time to strike while the iron is hot!
Resign?

Means no money.

Not everybody can afford to not work like you bro.

Moving to Canada to be a nurse also not so simple. Need to take exams and qualify. Also Canada not offering PR skilled class for people not in Canada now.

Can tell those hard core anti vaxxers here are old retirees at least age above 60

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I urge all nurses who do not agree to being discriminated for not wanting to vaccinate, to resign!

It's proven that vaccination prevents serious illness and death for vast majority of the nurses. By encouraging people to remain unvaccinated, you are putting their lives in serious danger.

the discrimination, the fact they disallow you your tudung!

You're not the one wearing the tudung. Why does moslem women not wearing tudung trigger you moslem males so much? You get high from forcing women to do what moslem males want?

There is always jobs for nurses. Else go apply in Australia, UK, Canada, USA.

Interestingly, you ask nurses, including moslem nurses, to find better jobs in non-moslem countries. It's your own admission that working conditions in moslem societies is much more fucked up.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Hmmm is there anything that forbids Muslim men from wearing Tudung?

I think it would be a good gesture on the part of Muslim men to wear tudung to support their women. Maybe not like daily at the start but for a day a year first?

Hey maybe even non Muslims can wear as well in support. Imagine whole world everyone wears Tudung on a particular day.

International Tudung Day!

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Resign?

Means no money.

Its better to be poor than to be dead from the virus. You can always start to earn again when the virus goes away. Who is going to raise your children if you're dead?
Your husband will remarry and your kids will be slaves to their new stepmum.

It's proven that vaccination prevents serious illness and death for vast majority of the nurses. By encouraging people to remain unvaccinated, you are putting their lives in serious danger.
I am not encouraging them to remain unvaxxed. I only tell them to return the disrespect they show to your choice of not being vaccinated. They are adult enough to choose and live with the consequences.

You're not the one wearing the tudung. Why does moslem women not wearing tudung trigger you moslem males so much? You get high from forcing women to do what moslem males want?
In no way can I force anyone to wear the tudung. I am just pointing out the fact that the recent allowance for nurses to wear it is not because they are sympathetic to your desire to adhere to your religion, but rather, they have a shortage of nurses and are afraid you resign. They've fucked you all these while and now that they are in a bind, then they give in? I would give them the middle finger.

Interestingly, you ask nurses, including moslem nurses, to find better jobs in non-moslem countries. It's your own admission that working conditions in moslem societies is much more fucked up.

Not at all. The pay isn't as good. The chances of them getting to work there is not good. The working language in those countries are predominantly not English.

So your point is wrong.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
@Loofydralb why you say nurse dont resign will die?

Die because take vaccine and vaccine kills?

Die because dont take vaccine and die from covid?

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
@Loofydralb why you say nurse dont resign will die?

Die because take vaccine and vaccine kills?

Die because dont take vaccine and die from covid?
If they are reluctant to vaxx for whatever reason, and then they choose to work in an environment which is dangerous and may catch the virus and die.

I just suggest the other alternative, that since they do not want to be vaxxed, its better to be poor than dead. And maintain their principle.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
If they are reluctant to vaxx for whatever reason, and then they choose to work in an environment which is dangerous and may catch the virus and die.

I just suggest the other alternative, that since they do not want to be vaxxed, its better to be poor than dead. And maintain their principle.

I think the alternative you suggest is already forced on them to a certain extent

If they do not want to be vaxxed they will be forced to do twice weekly ART tests (not subsidized) which will lead to them resigning/going on no pay leave ie no money ie poor. And yes they get to maintain their principles.

So MOH is on the same page as you.

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Same with Quebec.

MOH already very nice and understanding.

Is quite surpising actually.
MOH is 'pragmatic'. They know that if nurses start to quit, those who remain and fully vaxxed, will be overloaded and they too will eventually quit.

Ends up nobody will want to work in the hospitals as nurses. Then more patients will die. And then more nurses quit again. And the cycle goes on and on.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
MOH is 'pragmatic'. They know that if nurses start to quit, those who remain and fully vaxxed, will be overloaded and they too will eventually quit.

Ends up nobody will want to work in the hospitals as nurses. Then more patients will die. And then more nurses quit again. And the cycle goes on and on.

I am actually heartened in a way that you think that nurses will quit if overloaded and overworked etc.

But does this worry you? Worried what it could mean to the healthcare system? Or you can't be bothered if the healthcare system collapsed anyway?

Unfortunately, the truth is far from what you have described.

Firstly nurses have a calling to help people. As such their professional body will very much frown on nurses quitting left right centre. Nurses themselves also sincerely care for people and patients which is why they entered the profession.

Secondly, government will table back to work legislation even in the event of a strike. I say this from the Canadian perspective. Singapore strikes are unheard of across all industries and professions.

Healthcare is deemed an essential service hence doctors and nurses are essentially not allowed to strike period. Anyone trying to instigate these things face legal action, fines and even prison terms.

So your fears are unfounded.

In the meantime I hope you take some time to reflect and sympathize with healthcare workers. What is happening however is the opposite. A lot of demonizing of the healthcare profession : doctors and nurses and pharma in particular. There are also those who laugh and gaslight HCWs saying they earn MORE money during this period, have MORE business and should be THANKFUL they have a job.

Many facets to this issue. Nurses quitting en masse is impossible to happen across the world. Same for doctors. The system has been set up to ensure such events cannot and do not happen.

You will have a throng of nurses and drs quit in protest across the world but by and large it is mostly symbolic and has no real significant impact on the system.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal

all the nurses in my division are fully vaccinated with mRNA vaccines . They understand the science behind it so they are happy to comply . Most have them have also completed the boosters.

there were a few who raised their concerns about mRNA . Probably read your posts and became just as ignorant .

one glare from me and the ADON they guai guai go get jabbed. No such thing as individual freedom or civil rights in my hospital.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am actually heartened in a way that you think that nurses will quit if overloaded and overworked etc.

But does this worry you? Worried what it could mean to the healthcare system? Or you can't be bothered if the healthcare system collapsed anyway?

Unfortunately, the truth is far from what you have described.

Firstly nurses have a calling to help people. As such their professional body will very much frown on nurses quitting left right centre. Nurses themselves also sincerely care for people and patients which is why they entered the profession.

Secondly, government will table back to work legislation even in the event of a strike. I say this from the Canadian perspective. Singapore strikes are unheard of across all industries and professions.

Healthcare is deemed an essential service hence doctors and nurses are essentially not allowed to strike period. Anyone trying to instigate these things face legal action, fines and even prison terms.

So your fears are unfounded.

In the meantime I hope you take some time to reflect and sympathize with healthcare workers. What is happening however is the opposite. A lot of demonizing of the healthcare profession : doctors and nurses and pharma in particular. There are also those who laugh and gaslight HCWs saying they earn MORE money during this period, have MORE business and should be THANKFUL they have a job.

Many facets to this issue. Nurses quitting en masse is impossible to happen across the world. Same for doctors. The system has been set up to ensure such events cannot and do not happen.

You will have a throng of nurses and drs quit in protest across the world but by and large it is mostly symbolic and has no real significant impact on the system.

i can bet you this guy is the same fucker who will write to the ST forum to demand nurses in uniform not be allowed to take public transport because they are filthy disease carriers and spreading covid

rodent2005

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hmmm is there anything that forbids Muslim men from wearing Tudung?

I think it would be a good gesture on the part of Muslim men to wear tudung to support their women. Maybe not like daily at the start but for a day a year first?

Hey maybe even non Muslims can wear as well in support. Imagine whole world everyone wears Tudung on a particular day.

International Tudung Day!
After that International Turban Day? International Cross Day?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
As a experienced hospital acquaintance my uncle think this is mostlee true for the staff nurse but not the enrolled nurse I.e those in leeferent colour of uniform as staff nurse. Most of them especiallee the minahs and Indians are verlee lazy and just want to 骗吃 as they cannot be a leegistered nurse and they do all the dirty jobs of changing Diapers etc they like to tekan and bullee the elderlees.

nirvarq

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Resign?

Means no money.

Moving to Canada to be a nurse also not so simple. Need to take exams and qualify. Also Canada not offering PR skilled class for people not in Canada now.

Can tell those hard core anti vaxxers here are old retirees at least age above 60

Of the unvaccinated, more than half are children below the age of 12 and are not yet eligible. The remaining 400,000 unvaccinated comprise about 100,000 seniors aged 60 and above, and an estimated 300,000 individuals aged 12 to 59 years.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlig...sons-not-yet-inoculated-with-covid-19-vaccine