• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Eating in Singapore

S

Snoopy

Earlier I had some kaya toast in two different places at Bugis, both kinda spoiled the experience I think by adding a too-thick slice of cold butter between the slices of toasted bread. After a restorative nap (wondering if my upset stomach was due to some candle nuts I sampled), rode the SMRT to the Newton Food Centre to eat, eat and eat! Tried some pari nyiru (grilled sting ray) and sardine puffs, some otah (which I still can't define) plus a big mound of the shaved-ice treat called ais kacang. Also some carrot cake (no resemblance to the dessert, instead, a white substance stir-fried with other tasty ingrediants), and some kway teow (very tasty fried noodles, what American Asian restaurants call Singapore Noodles). A native named Tony sat down at my table, and we had a nice chat -- in parting, he asked me to send him a copy of The Satanic Versus which is banned here. And I will, with a request to send me a can of Kaya, in return, as I can't pack one in my carry-on, they're too big to pass the liquids and gels rule. Also had an icy drink called Milo Dinosaur, "Milo" being what Nestle's calls their chocolate here, so that word has come to means "chocolate" in Singapore.

Kong Ming

I am going to recommend one of the chicken rice stall right opposite my block 386 at Bukit Batok West Ave 5 (Coffee shop beside a multistory car park)

(Walking Distance from Bukit Gombak MRT Station - Sheltered Walkway all the way)

They have the best Pork/Chicken rice in the area...the chili is just nice not too hot but good enough to make my ears tickle :smile:

There is also daily specialty soup that is different everyday, some days it's vegetable soup, some days it's peanuts soup or others yummy "toon tang", if they never give you a soup...you can ask for it if you order any chicken rice ^_^.

The best of all is the chicken rice is $2.50 and if you mix with pork it's just $3!!! Where do you get such price anywhere?

Oh...it's just below my block so ...I am bias hahahaha...if you live nearby..come and visit and you shall be rewarded! ^_^

fenwick

Alfrescian
Loyal
Already got similar thread posted ealier on please check " whats ur favourite place to dine in singapore ":smile: