• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi bros and sis here. We got phase 6A semiD last year. Finally we have the state consent approval and loan successfully disbursed. And now the lawyer asks the loan legal fee, which is about 17k MYR. Is this a typical amount for phase 6A? Thanks

About 0.5% of the loan amount.

LeMans2011

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Investor.
We received the 'Vacant Possession' letter in Feb. But they only arrange the hand-over of the key in late may. I think they waited till bank loan is fully disbursed before handing over the key to us. but this is unfair, coz we are not in control of the bank. if UEM suka suka send the 'Vacant Possession' letter much earlier and handover the keys much much later, we would be more short-changed.
We are still considering whether to take legal action or not.

I know for a fact yours is not the only such case. But they would have made you sign a letter of "final settlement" when they pay you the late interest. In a way you would have waived the right to claim against them. And if the delay is due to your bank disbursing late... it is really not UEM's fault.

Last edited:

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
For a 1m loan, the legal fee is about 10k.

Should be roughly around there(+/-2k as I'm just estimating). There's actually a standard percentage to follow. You can ask for a further discount from the law firm.

Crap sorry wrong answer given earlier.

http://www.lawfirmmalaysia.com/calculator.php

The legal fees schedule apply for both SPA and loan agreement. For loan agreement, it will be based on the amount loaned. So if you loan 1000000, then its
Legal fees for loan agreement - (150000x1.0%) + (850000*0.7%) = 7450.
Stamp duty for loan agreement = 1000000*0.5% = 5000.

Should be more than 12.5k after adding misc fees.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am thinking to purchase a GSM repeater (or signal booster) to use in EL phase 8 (I am using M1). The one in the image on aliexpress.com is selling at US285. If top up to US390, seller can provide 2 indoor antenna (i.e. 1 additional), plus a long cable and splitter (for lower and upper floors). Anyone can advise if this device can help to receive and make calls for M1 signal in EL? Thanks! GSM_repeater.jpg

siacw

Alfrescian
Loyal
willing to let go of my phase 8 intermediate, if anyone interested or you know anyone who is interested, pm me.

As I will be outstation for a while so may not be able to reply to your pm in time so bare with me.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am thinking to purchase a GSM repeater (or signal booster) to use in EL phase 8 (I am using M1). The one in the image on aliexpress.com is selling at US285. If top up to US390, seller can provide 2 indoor antenna (i.e. 1 additional), plus a long cable and splitter (for lower and upper floors). Anyone can advise if this device can help to receive and make calls for M1 signal in EL? Thanks!

Can consider getting a dual sim phone with both SIM cards active on e.g. http://www.samsung.com/my/consumer/mobile-devices/smartphone/android-os/GT-I8552RWAXME-features

Last edited:

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, I am thinking to purchase a GSM repeater (or signal booster) to use in EL phase 8 (I am using M1). The one in the image on aliexpress.com is selling at US285. If top up to US390, seller can provide 2 indoor antenna (i.e. 1 additional), plus a long cable and splitter (for lower and upper floors). Anyone can advise if this device can help to receive and make calls for M1 signal in EL? Thanks! View attachment 11564

I know someone in Ujana with his unit facing towards Singapore (also facing EL) using this without problem. Not sure whether in EL anyone tries out and post the result.

redders09

Thanks for your inputs. We have not sign the 'final settlement'. We are still considering our options. Any good lawyer to recommend?
I don't recall any clause that says UEM can wait till bank fully disburse loan before handing over keys (is there?). i feel UEM is not being fair, especially when the loan disbursement is dependent on how efficient/accurate UEM's finance can prepare/submit all documentations to the bank to process disbursement.

anybody else not sign the final settlement?

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for your inputs. We have not sign the 'final settlement'. We are still considering our options. Any good lawyer to recommend?
I don't recall any clause that says UEM can wait till bank fully disburse loan before handing over keys (is there?). i feel UEM is not being fair, especially when the loan disbursement is dependent on how efficient/accurate UEM's finance can prepare/submit all documentations to the bank to process disbursement.

anybody else not sign the final settlement?

I tot it is standard for the developer to receive payment before keys are handed over? It is the same procedure in Singapore.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Anyone looking to rent a unit in Phase 1 from now till nov '13 for staying temporary to do renovation at Phase 2 can pm me.