• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Ledang/ Ledang Heights/ Ujana/ Impiana community.

Lennyjames

Alfrescian
Loyal
Added myself in the list:

Investor (East Ledang)
Jogs1 (East Ledang)
captainjones (East Ledang)
Wiseguy (East Ledang)
East539's Sis & Bro in law (East Ledang)
Lynn (East Ledang)
IskandarRocks (East Ledang)
Leisure (East Ledang)
linked (East Ledang)
investjb (Ujana)
limmcd (Ujana)
Blue_S (Ujana)
fairies (Ledang Heights)
mallow (Ledang Heights)
Diaspora (Impiana)
Dragonlance (East Ledang)

Adding myself to the list too. Lennyjames @ EL. We have been here since Day 1 and absolutely loving it.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
captainjones said:
Congrats to you, Jogs1! My terrace unit at phase 8 suppose to be ready by Jan 2013. Judging from the current progress, I got this hunch that UEM gonna delay the completion.

Hi jogs1... Good to hear! I am also owner of EL SD phase 2 but have not gotten the same letter from uem?

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

Have heard that one is able to get Singtel signals in East Ledang. Can anyone already staying there confirm? Wifey Starhub contract is up and thinking of switching to Singtel.

If it's true, I'll also get a Singtel line :smile:

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Hi mchia, it's a form of land tax. See the definition of quit rent below (quote from http://quitrent.askdefine.com/):

A rent reserved in grants of land, by the payment of which the tenant is quit (absolved) from other service.

Quit rent or Quit-rent is a form of levy or land tax imposed on freehold or leased land by a higher landowning authority, usually government or its assigns.
Under feudal law, the payment of quit rent freed the tenant of a holding from the obligation to perform such other services as were obligatory under feudal tenure. In post-feudal times, quit rents have continued to be imposed by some governments, usually attached to land grants as a form of land tax.
The quit rent system was used frequently by colonial governments in the British empire. Many land grants in colonial America in the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries carried quit rent. Quit rents went on to be used in British colonies in Asia and elsewhere in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.
Some governments have now abolished the quit rent system and relieved those with a nominal quit rent obligation from the requirement to pay it, replacing quit rents with a uniform system of land tax. However in other countries, such as Malaysia, quit rent remains an important means of raising revenue from landowners.

Thanks for the info:smile:

mchia

Alfrescian
Loyal
Received a letter from UEM, stated my EL phase 2 semi-d is 82.5% completed, except the serving road to the house. Hope another 3 months we can collect the key!

Hi Jogs1, I've not rec'd mine yet. Can't wait to move in asap:smile: really love it there.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Received a letter from UEM, stated my EL phase 2 semi-d is 82.5% completed, except the serving road to the house. Hope another 3 months we can collect the key!

Congrats Jogs1, we'll be future neighbours in Phase 2.
So how much in percentage have you paid in progressive payment so far?

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: East Ledang, Ledang Heights, Ujana and Impiana Community

I read that a blogger's neighbour (Ledang Heights) uses a repeater to boost SG telco signal and it works.

Same for me, i used a repeater but for M1 signal as Singtel signal here is strong enough.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Jogs1, I've not rec'd mine yet. Can't wait to move in asap:smile: really love it there.

Hi jogs1... Good to hear! I am also owner of EL SD phase 2 but have not gotten the same letter from uem?

Congrats Jogs1, we'll be future neighbours in Phase 2.
So how much in percentage have you paid in progressive payment so far?

Thanks everyone! Think we should get our key at the same time so CHEERS to all of us!

Last edited:

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Very Important! Anyone bought East Ledang's Phase 7 terraces?

Hi Investor, I would like to know when did you actually received your state consent? Is HH Long solicitor applied it for you? and which month did you sign your SP from UEM in 2010? Thanks:smile:

Hi mchia,
My lawyer is Othman Hashim, not HH Long.
From my understanding, some who bought later than others got their state consent while some earlier buyers haven't get. I don't know why. I think I bought a bit later than you.
I'm not sure whether or not my State Consent can expire like you mentioned but I doubt so.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Thanks bro wuqi, certainly with your help that make my dream come truth!

Thanks, you made your own dreams come true. Happy for you. :smile:
Unfortunately still lots of people out there only still.... dreaming away.

Jogs1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got it from my EL sales, the last phase semi -d, at reflection which near the beautiful lake will be launching in 2-3 months time. Selling $ is 1.8mil++.