• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Early retirement in JB

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just six month back still got lot of forumers here claim that RM1000/= psf condo cost almost a 4-5rm resale HDB is cheap because got ficilities must compare JB condo with SG condo. Tell them not worth it , cannot save money living in such condo , they wont belive . Now if add in all the tolls and VEP , become more expensive than Singapore , tell me which expat working in Singapore will rent from them ?

Well,

I bought a unit at R&F is to do that...
It is a way to monetise HDB in future by renting it out while staying in R&F.. in future if shit happens...
Walking distance to CIQ and reachable by public transport.. Hence all the tolls and VEP crap is avoided..
And it is FREEHOLD...

Essentially an exit strategy..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well,

I bought a unit at R&F is to do that...
It is a way to monetise HDB in future by renting it out while staying in R&F.. in future if shit happens...
Walking distance to CIQ and reachable by public transport.. Hence all the tolls and VEP crap is avoided..
And it is FREEHOLD...

Essentially an exit strategy..

Do you bike? That is essentially the best option if you do.
especailly if your HDB is in woodlands.

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
It's allowed. Study either side will have both pros and cons...to date...i dont see msian education produces cannot compete externally.

Zelphon

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you bike? That is essentially the best option if you do.
especailly if your HDB is in woodlands.

No bike.. No car..
That is why I only pick R&F Princess Cove..

My mum got a terrace/something in Taman Daya..
Whole house rent out only RM 530 a month (excluding utilities) and always tenant run away without 1st informing us..
1st time lost 3 mths worth of rental..
Just happened again with this one and heard from neighbours that the whole house lights is turned on..
Wonder how much rental losses this time...

That is why I avoid buying properties that is not easily accessible for me...

Rental in malaysia is really headache one.
When tenant runs.. u won't able to locate them in Malaysia..

As I mentioned, rental is crap in Malaysia.. with the risks involved..
R&F on the plus side is easily accessible for me...

Rental or not, it serves a great purpose as exit strategy..

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Malaysia rental probably especially in Johor is horrendous.
It's quite difficult due to the over supply

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes Malaysia rental probably especially in Johor is horrendous.
It's quite difficult due to the over supply

So most likely what was bought for investments would need to change to own stay, everyday can choose where to stay over.:p

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
So most likely what was bought for investments would need to change to own stay, everyday can choose where to stay over.:p

actually those who buy landed is for own stay and capital appreciation over long term. nobody in msia buy a landed for renting out, not worth it. condo is better for rental.
some people may rent their house just to get a little money back, for eg , they are posted overseas or something. they just want someone to stay in the house, rental cheap never mind!

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yup. I think with more expat clientele the rental rates for the more prestigious or unique development is getting pretty healthy returns.
So that's a good sign.
Hopefully the government will not kill this golden goose before it dies

freedom

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was just chatting with my mum....she says her paid-up hdb maisonette that she stays with my elder brother who is single , can rent out for S$3-4k a month. Was thinking if both of them stays with us in JB since we have 5 bedrooms, we will then have S$6-8k a mth which should be sufficient...I can save on paying her her allowance, taking it as rental but my hubby and brother have to agree first....

Aisanbo

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was trying to calculate living expenses in JB.
Below estimation is for two pax.
I know everybody may have different needs especially for entertainment and food, etc....but averagely speaking .....is it realistic ?
Did I miss out any major expenses ?

JB retirement expenses.JPG

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was just chatting with my mum....she says her paid-up hdb maisonette that she stays with my elder brother who is single , can rent out for S$3-4k a month. Was thinking if both of them stays with us in JB since we have 5 bedrooms, we will then have S$6-8k a mth which should be sufficient...I can save on paying her her allowance, taking it as rental but my hubby and brother have to agree first....

will she (mum) willing to move to jb? my mum won't.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My mum says she does not mind but brother not keen ....
limited public transport is not convenient and inconsistent for older folks.

depending location of property, daily small shopping and for food may not be easy.

personally, prefer older folks not to go out after sunset.

Last edited:

freekazoid

Alfrescian
Loyal
Was trying to calculate living expenses in JB.
Below estimation is for two pax.
I know everybody may have different needs especially for entertainment and food, etc....but averagely speaking .....is it realistic ?
Did I miss out any major expenses ?

View attachment 16502

Car loan? Leisure shopping? Maintenance all type goods/services....change smart phone, change tv, change fridge, services like plumbing etc.

In general 8k is enough...

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
limited public transport is not convenient and inconsistent for older folks.

depending location of property, daily small shopping and for food may not be easy.

personally, prefer older folks not to go out after sunset.

Buy a used local car, its cheap and not expensive to maintain (low road tax, low insurance, no COE expiry, cheap petrol, no monthly parking etc.) and provides the convenience needed.

bakkuttay

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buy a used local car, its cheap and not expensive to maintain (low road tax, low insurance, no COE expiry, cheap petrol, no monthly parking etc.) and provides the convenience needed.
yes, car is a necessity in malaysia.
was actually referring to the older folks.