• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr Tan Cheng Bock's campaign spending??

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I previously posted that the cost of TCB sending out flyers to every household in Singapore is estimated at $180,000. This is based on number of households multiplied by the cost of sending a normal mail, which is $0.23.

He also has considerably more banners and posters than the other candidates, save for Tony Tan.

And how he is going to hold a rally in Singapore Expo. I wonder what the rental costs will be for an indoor venue like Singapore Expo Hall 8. I am sure that holding a rally in a stadium or open field is free, the candidate only needs to pay for sound equipment, stage, lighting, posters etc. But for a venue like Singapore Expo, I am pretty certain there will be rental cost involved, and it's not likely to be cheap.

With a spending limit of $680k, will Tan Cheng Bock be within the limits? He seems to be spending more than even Dr TT and certainly more than TJS and TKL.

Where is he getting all his funds? Why won't his backers reveal themselves and endorse him? I would like to see more people endorsing him as I want to know more about his affiliations. So far, he has been endorsed by Singapore Baseball and Softball Assocation (which doesnt say much), Mohamed Maidin Packer (PAP), Benjamin Pwee (SPP), Jimmy Lee (SPP) and Christopher Neo (NSP)

He also said that some PAP members and opposition party members offered to speak in his indoor rally, but he rejected them as he didn't want any party members to be involved.

What do you think?

Wang Ye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Well unless he can convince me he has a decent chance of winning my vote will have to go to TJS to deny TT the win.

CPT (NS) BRANDON

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe TCB's strongest support base is in the West, hence his focus on those areas

His walkabouts have mostly been in the East and West

ray_of_hope

Alfrescian
Loyal
I previously posted that the cost of TCB sending out flyers to every household in Singapore is estimated at $180,000. This is based on number of households multiplied by the cost of sending a normal mail, which is $0.23.

I am sure SingPost would have given him a huge discount as he is bulk posting, especially since it costs SingPost virtually nothing.

jujim

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as one hate the "grassroots leaders", never underestimate their influence/persuasivenes with "some" folks.

Apparently, TCB's message is well received by 中间选民. These are the reasons for the mailers and SMS. To reach out to these people.

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't know about rental of hall in Singapore Expo. Might be FOC if he managed to borrow the space from City Harvest. They have long term arrangements and probably a VIP discount too. Kong Hee Huat Chye

ah_phah

Alfrescian
Loyal
i havent really seen TCB & Tony's poster when i was on the way to midnight curry for supper... maybe its opposition ward, their grassroots died like weed so lack manpower to put the posters up. maybe relying on grassroots was the avenue to cut costs on the contractors to put up posters.

TT is not stupid, he was the 3rd person to enter the race. whether he really entered on his own accord, or was it some political stunt, is anybody's guess. so maybe thats y he's more selective about his poster allocations.

but i think the TS raised a good qn, y is TCB spending so much... bearing in mind that all these materials will become trash after polling results announced. i should think that such extravagance could've been better managed, bcos it could translate into food on the tables of many hungry & deprived ppl.