• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dr.Chee Soon Juan. Please be a true S'pore patriot, retire and disband the SDP!

Debonerman

Alfrescian
Loyal
You have proven yourself a real and fearless fighter. You and your band of brothers had done Singapore and the opposition politics great favors by the battles you had drawn the PAP out into, spilling and drawing blood and in the process expose what is underneath their fabled whiteness.

But you need to face the hard truth that the majority of Singaporeans and even among those die hard oppo supporters are docile and pragmatic animals.

You have seen the evidence for yourself that you and your party's brand name will always be placarded as danger signs to the state of peace on this island of a country club.

Do the right and honorable thing. Disband your party. Let the younger members have the chance to create a new image to win over the people. A young team that will be willing to join forces with the WP without the burden of an old SDP political baggage.

You have already won your place in Singapore's history. And it is not exactly in infamy. You are in position to become somebody that others will or may consult and to learn from.

Please do the right thing. I thank you.

Debonerman

Last edited:

Nik1971

Alfrescian
Loyal
How about honouring him with Emeritus Sec Gen
Happy?

You have proven yourself a real and fearless fighter. You and your band of brothers had done Singapore and the opposition politics great favors by the battles you had drawn the PAP out into, spilling and drawing blood and in the process expose what is underneath their fabled whiteness.

But you need to face the hard truth that the majority of Singaporeans and even among those die hard oppo supporters are docile and pragmatic animals.

You have seen the evidence for yourself that you and your party's brand name will always be placarded as danger signs to the state of peace on this island of a country club.

Do the right and honorable thing. Disband your party. Let the younger members have the chance to create a new image to win over the people. A young team that will be willing to join forces with the WP without the burden of an old SDP political baggage.

You have already won your place in Singapore's history. And it is not exactly in infamy. You are in position to become somebody that others will or may consult and to learn from.

Please do the right thing. I thank you.

Debonerman

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...when was the last time he stand for erection....
if he is serious about politics, he should have got himself discharged long ago......
how can he faced the public when he had been rediculed as a DUD in the MSM.....he simply pretended like it did not happened at all....like tt and his sons.

Last edited:

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrin:oNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT=&quot]WHERE ARE ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORTED YOU NOW? PEOPLE LIKE LING HOW DONG, WONG HONG TOY and etc....where are they? all left u for good?[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT]1993 - Overthrew Chiam See Tong as Sec-Gen, Chiam sued the SDP, SDP lost and paid Chiam damages
[FONT=&quot]Shame on you![/FONT]

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:biggrin:oNotOptimizeForBrowser/> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]-->[FONT="]WHERE ARE ALL THOSE WHO SUPPORTED YOU NOW? PEOPLE LIKE LING HOW DONG, WONG HONG TOY and etc....where are they? all left u for good?[/FONT][FONT="]

[/FONT]1993 - Overthrew Chiam See Tong as Sec-Gen, Chiam sued the SDP, SDP lost and paid Chiam damages
[FONT="]Shame on you![/FONT]

Not left. Kicked out.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great thread to start a discussion and explore the wider political ecosystem.

My sense after watching them from the very start and over the years is that they have an important and powerful role to play. And they it seems more effective if they remain as a political party. Here are the reasons why;

1) They are the most responsive to adverse policy changes and they are have always used the web better than any other political party to get the message across. They are not coy and ready to confront the govt. They also take on issues such as this Govt questionable relationship with certain entities such as the Burmese Junta.

2) Lets not forget, its their work that allowed Speakers Corner and to allow entities like TOC to come forth. They have a singular focus in addressing these abstract notions. None of the other political parties can handle freedom of speech, right to assemble and protest, etc like these guys. In fact the other political parties are avoiding it.

3) They are prepared to to take on individuals within the regime. Note the court case where they made the son and old man sweat and look real bad. None of the other parties will never ever raise personal conduct fearing a lawsuit. They gave Vivien hell. Other parties talked around the issues.

4) Being a vehicle of convenience for budding and potential candidates at the last minute. Look at Chiam and Low, ultra conservative and so cautious. KJ is crazy. NSP and them were the only two to bring in guest candidates at the last minute. It was SDP and NSP that provided the platform for TJS and Team as well as those that left RP. This became very important as not all Singaporeans however promising prepare themselves adequately. SDP has got enough expertise and resource to put a political show on the road. TJS PE affair is another.

5) The role of NGOS is a key part of politics in first world countries and we should not ignore their values. Foreign entities that can be useful pressure group partners are more prepared to work with entities that have a NGO focus than a straight political party which tend to be rigid in philosophy and in dealing with non-members.

I am aware that their brand of politics does not appeal to the general populace. For some reason we abhor confrontational style of politics but secretly we can't wait for for this Govt to be given a hard time. I got this strong sense that the PAP has shaped our minds that an MP must be quiet, calm and behave like a gentleman and not ask questions too directly. So we don't vote them in but we do realise that we need them but do not know what formal role we want them to play.

The only change that I think will do them a world of good is to pick some more suitable people in their CEC. Chee, his sister, Ghandi and VW are great but the rest are better off doing some backroom stuff. They really need to be selective who fronts their occasion and events to get a better profile. Some are really a liability.

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
Great thread to start a discussion and explore the wider political ecosystem.

My sense after watching them from the very start and over the years is that they have an important and powerful role to play. And they it seems more effective if they remain as a political party. Here are the reasons why;

1) They are the most responsive to adverse policy changes and they are have always used the web better than any other political party to get the message across. They are not coy and ready to confront the govt. They also take on issues such as this Govt questionable relationship with certain entities such as the Burmese Junta.

2) Lets not forget, its their work that allowed Speakers Corner and to allow entities like TOC to come forth. They have a singular focus in addressing these abstract notions. None of the other political parties can handle freedom of speech, right to assemble and protest, etc like these guys. In fact the other political parties are avoiding it.

3) They are prepared to to take on individuals within the regime. Note the court case where they made the son and old man sweat and look real bad. None of the other parties will never ever raise personal conduct fearing a lawsuit. They gave Vivien hell. Other parties talked around the issues.

4) Being a vehicle of convenience for budding and potential candidates at the last minute. Look at Chiam and Low, ultra conservative and so cautious. KJ is crazy. NSP and them were the only two to bring in guest candidates at the last minute. It was SDP and NSP that provided the platform for TJS and Team as well as those that left RP. This became very important as not all Singaporeans however promising prepare themselves adequately. SDP has got enough expertise and resource to put a political show on the road. TJS PE affair is another.

5) The role of NGOS is a key part of politics in first world countries and we should not ignore their values. Foreign entities that can be useful pressure group partners are more prepared to work with entities that have a NGO focus than a straight political party which tend to be rigid in philosophy and in dealing with non-members.

I am aware that their brand of politics does not appeal to the general populace. For some reason we abhor confrontational style of politics but secretly we can't wait for for this Govt to be given a hard time. I got this strong sense that the PAP has shaped our minds that an MP must be quiet, calm and behave like a gentleman and not ask questions too directly. So we don't vote them in but we do realise that we need them but do not know what formal role we want them to play.

The only change that I think will do them a world of good is to pick some more suitable people in their CEC. Chee, his sister, Ghandi and VW are great but the rest are better off doing some backroom stuff. They really need to be selective who fronts their occasion and events to get a better profile. Some are really a liability.

So do you think it is ok for the party sec gen to have kicked out the real founder of SDP who under that guy's leadership broke the record back in the early 1990s and got 4 SDP members in parliament?

And now, you think the party is great by not having a single MP in parliament?

Last edited:

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mrs Chiam talks like aunty in a market, she is clueless about politics, she is the female version of TJS, but much more worse, LOL

Never thought I'd say this, but... Let us hold our hands together, and give grace to PAP for not fielding someone like that into one of their GRCs. Amen.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
you people don't know that Dr Chee is actually working for the PAP meh ???

that's why he make himself like a clown and shoot himself in the foot..................to lose credibility for the opposition !

i bet Chee is the 1st guy to go LKY's house to get AngBao during Lunar New Year !

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So do you think it is ok for the party sec gen to have kicked out the real founder of SDP who under that guy's leadership broke the record back in the early 1990s and got 4 SDP members in parliament?

And now, you think the party is great by not having a single MP in parliament?

Whether that is okay or not is irrelevant. I can understand why CSJ can be hated by some section of the opposition, but I think what Scroobal is saying is that he's still an important part of the opposition ecosystem, playing the part of a foil.

In fact I think it's all part of the tried-and-tested Good Cop/Bad Cop routine, with WP playing the part of the Good Cop and SDP playing the part of the Bad Cop. It is SDP's role to rile up population against the PAP using confrontation tactics and dredging up all the misdeeds of the PAP, while the WP take the moderate and constructive route. While the SDP draw some voters towards voting for any kind of opposition, the WP benefits from these votes while at the same time washing their hands clean of the confrontational tactics that will put off some of the other voters from voting SDP. It really doesn't matter that the SDP becomes un-electable, if it makes the WP more electable.

In the PE, we had something similar with TCB playing the WP role and TJS playing the SDP role... except that it doesn't really work in a 3-corner fight.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with the praises of SDP - if only 3 years ago. Their star is falling (after a small rise in the GE) and getting more quiet and less confrontational. That is not WP's forte and without that, SDP will just crowd the market and lose out later.

In fact the GE shows that winning seats is truly fundamental for change. After the GE, so many sacred cows slaughtered. And these days when WP talks, a lot of defensiveness.