• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Donkey Teo : PAP can deliver, but can the opposition deliver?

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
The People's Action Party (PAP) has shown it can deliver on its promises, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean on Tuesday, as he questioned whether the opposition can do the same.

"If you look at the substance of the manifesto of the PAP, it's got a good track record. We've actually delivered on our promises over several decades," he said. "We think carefully before we put something down because we know we have to deliver on it."

"I don't think it's the same for the manifesto of the opposition parties," he stated.

DPM Teo, who is also the Minister for Defence, was speaking to the media at the sidelines of an NTUC FairPrice event on Tuesday morning.

Hours later, Parliament was dissolved and the Polling Day was set for 7 May.

Responding to criticism that the PAP manifesto lacks in substance, DPM Teo said with a laugh, "You mean compared to the opposition's? Which manifesto have you been reading?"

"They put down a long laundry list of things, which they imagine can be done. But the reality is not the same," he said.

"And even if you put down the same item, the PAP has shown it can deliver (on) implementation, execution. They put down the same item, the question is, can the other guy deliver?"

He said the PAP manifesto is "welcomed" because it deals with practical issues that Singaporeans are concerned with in everyday life.

"The focus for many Singaporeans is what is the situation in jobs, employment, cost of living, how is the government helping them with that and so on," he added.

On corporate lawyer Chen Show Mao, touted as the Workers' Party's star catch but recently queried by the PAP on why he chose to enter politics now after spending some 40 years overseas, DPM Teo said a "serious party" should explain its selection process and why a candidate is able to represent Singaporeans well.

To voters, DPM Teo said, "(An election is) not just some kind of carnival or action movie and you go there to enjoy just for that period... you have to think of the consequences and the longer-term issues."

Minister in the Prime Minster's Office and Second Minister for Finance and Transport Lim Hwee Hua said, "To us, the GE is really the moment to get the mandate again from the people."

Citing the long-term programmes, such as lift upgrading, Minister Lim said, "We would love very much to continue doing that with the residents."

To celebrate its crossing 100 stores on Tuesday, the FairPrice donated S$10 million to the Fairprice Foundation to be used to help the needy with their daily needs, support nation building and community bonding events, as well as advancing workers' welfare.

This is the largest single amount to be given in one year to the foundation since it was set up in 2008.

THE QUESTION IS WHETHER THE OPPOSITION IS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO DELIVER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Deliver what???? we want an affordable government, not a BARGAIN one, was $4,000,000 now $3,000,000, we want servant class, $450 min wage, without levy, 24 hours service, 2 off days in a month...for we are the masters... ha ha ha...can he deliver that?..no?

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP deliver its promises? How come Singaporeans never feel it in their bones? Talk is cheap for Teo Chee Bye

Last edited:

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM Teo, yes PAP has delivered -------

Delivered "affordable" HDB flats that takes 30 years to pay the mortgage and leave the CPF 'O' a/c kosong. and at the end of the day, the flat still belong to HDB.

Delivered ERP gantries here , there and everywhere. and then increase ERP rates.

Delivered $60,000++ COEs and only last 10 years!!

Delivered PRICE INCREASES in Health care costs.

Delivered PRICE INCREASES in Education costs.

Delivered PRICE INCREASES in PUB bills.

Delivered HIGHER GST .

Thank you very much (paper) Admiral Teo but I wish to cancel all the "deliveries"
YOU CAN KEEP IT!!

Fool_Me_Hard

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should give the opposition to serve the community for 5 years to see whether they are genuine or opportunist. I can see that most PAP candidates go into politics to serve themselves so that they can get fast tracked for promotions, directorships and CEO in government linked companies. Teo Chee Bye doesn't seem to understand that.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Saynig the same old shit, election after election. Even my dog's silent fart sounds nicer. Can't they come up with something fresh and inspiring? Like, pap ministers will slash salaries, abolish GST, ministers deemed by citizens to be assholes will be forced to resign, reduce taxes, abolish censorship, privatisation of the mass media, paying us back the money they took from us, etc.

Varuna

Alfrescian
Loyal
We should give the opposition to serve the community for 5 years to see whether they are genuine or opportunist. I can see that most PAP candidates go into politics to serve themselves so that they can get fast tracked for promotions, directorships and CEO in government linked companies. Teo Chee Bye doesn't seem to understand that.

And most importantly, be fair to opposition wards as much as they did to their own party wards, and dispense the necessary funds for upgrades so as to improve the lives of the residents there. Goodness sake, do not polarise and sacrifice the poeple for selfish political reasons. All are Singaporeans. I spoke to one Hougang resident. She and family whole-heartedly stay loyal to LTK despite our PM openly admits that putting money to do up opposition wards is ridiculous. :(

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
PAP can continue to deliver pizzas but I believe the majority of the people here want you to level the playing field before you ask this stupid rhetorical question whether the opposition can deliver!:rolleyes:

peterpan777

Alfrescian
Loyal
DPM Teo, yes PAP has delivered -------

Delivered "affordable" HDB flats that takes 30 years to pay the mortgage and leave the CPF 'O' a/c kosong. and at the end of the day, the flat still belong to HDB.

Delivered ERP gantries here , there and everywhere. and then increase ERP rates.

Delivered $60,000++ COEs and only last 10 years!!

Delivered PRICE INCREASES in Health care costs.

Delivered PRICE INCREASES in Education costs.

Delivered PRICE INCREASES in PUB bills.

Delivered HIGHER GST .

Thank you very much (paper) Admiral Teo but I wish to cancel all the "deliveries"
YOU CAN KEEP IT!!.

konstandy

Alfrescian
Loyal
haha nice name suits him deliver what they only can deliver cum: pap only deliever burdens & ruin s'porean lives!!

konstandy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Saynig the same old shit, election after election. Even my dog's silent fart sounds nicer. Can't they come up with something fresh and inspiring? Like, pap ministers will slash salaries, abolish GST, ministers deemed by citizens to be assholes will be forced to resign, reduce taxes, abolish censorship, privatisation of the mass media, paying us back the money they took from us, etc.

haha a sow's pussy looks better than all their F@@@ing faces!! haha

dunbluffme

Alfrescian
Loyal
I DON'T expect Opposition to DELIVER anything...

I JUST WANT PAP to UNDELIVER what they had delivered which costed us $ after $.....!!!

The People's Action Party (PAP) has shown it can deliver on its promises, said Deputy Prime Minister Teo Chee Hean on Tuesday, as he questioned whether the opposition can do the same.

"If you look at the substance of the manifesto of the PAP, it's got a good track record. We've actually delivered on our promises over several decades," he said. "We think carefully before we put something down because we know we have to deliver on it."

"I don't think it's the same for the manifesto of the opposition parties," he stated.

DPM Teo, who is also the Minister for Defence, was speaking to the media at the sidelines of an NTUC FairPrice event on Tuesday morning.

Hours later, Parliament was dissolved and the Polling Day was set for 7 May.

Responding to criticism that the PAP manifesto lacks in substance, DPM Teo said with a laugh, "You mean compared to the opposition's? Which manifesto have you been reading?"

"They put down a long laundry list of things, which they imagine can be done. But the reality is not the same," he said.

"And even if you put down the same item, the PAP has shown it can deliver (on) implementation, execution. They put down the same item, the question is, can the other guy deliver?"

He said the PAP manifesto is "welcomed" because it deals with practical issues that Singaporeans are concerned with in everyday life.

"The focus for many Singaporeans is what is the situation in jobs, employment, cost of living, how is the government helping them with that and so on," he added.

On corporate lawyer Chen Show Mao, touted as the Workers' Party's star catch but recently queried by the PAP on why he chose to enter politics now after spending some 40 years overseas, DPM Teo said a "serious party" should explain its selection process and why a candidate is able to represent Singaporeans well.

To voters, DPM Teo said, "(An election is) not just some kind of carnival or action movie and you go there to enjoy just for that period... you have to think of the consequences and the longer-term issues."

Minister in the Prime Minster's Office and Second Minister for Finance and Transport Lim Hwee Hua said, "To us, the GE is really the moment to get the mandate again from the people."

Citing the long-term programmes, such as lift upgrading, Minister Lim said, "We would love very much to continue doing that with the residents."

To celebrate its crossing 100 stores on Tuesday, the FairPrice donated S$10 million to the Fairprice Foundation to be used to help the needy with their daily needs, support nation building and community bonding events, as well as advancing workers' welfare.

This is the largest single amount to be given in one year to the foundation since it was set up in 2008.

THE QUESTION IS WHETHER THE OPPOSITION IS GIVEN THE CHANCE TO DELIVER IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Depnds on what the PAP wants to deliver this time. For the past 5 decades, PAP has been delivering HELL and MISERY.

So delivery is not always a good thing.

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
And Tin Pei Ling and Foo Mee Har are the result of DPM Teo thinking of the consequences and the longer term issues? LOL.

Teo likes to joke, but I didnt know so seriously.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
"deliver" and "track record". I cringe each time I hear them use those words. Also make my lumpar shrink.

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
hi there

1. it is definitely some very expensive price that sheep paid for such "deliverables" man!
2. if the pirce is right too for the other party, they can also deliver, right.
3. i am wondering which florist will ever condemn its flora on display!
4. everything must be better betterer betterest mah.

boman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I totally agree. Give the opposition 5 years. After all, 5 years goes by in a blink of an eye. If they screw up, you can vote them out 5 years from now. At the end of the day, give the opposition a chance. At the end of the day, we are all Singaporeans at the end of the day, and let's see what they (opposition) can do.