• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Dog Eye See Uncle No Up - THE STORY OF A MERCEDES SALESMAN

kaipoh

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did you get special service? for me If don't have nothing done, fair and sq.

Had a similar experience. Walked into a Mercedes showroom looking for the service centre dressed in jeans and t shirt and sweating like a pig. Was totally ignored until one sweet middle aged lady came up and asked if she could help. She pointed me in the right direction and then asked me to come back and look at the new merc on display. This I did. A month later I traded in the old merc for the new one with her.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Singapore and Malaysia,any bank manager, high end product sales person will know that Ah Pek with sandals has more money than Insurance salesman or a real estate agents who are all very dressed.

I find this story very hard to believe. The only Ah Pek that will go to a Mercedes showroom will one that will buy that stuff.

There may be a good reason why sales people tend to only care about people who dress well.

It is very tiring and emotionally draining to constantly keep on a fake smile while feigning attentive care to clients. You'll have to conserve energy and ration it out only when necessary. Subconsciously, the sales people have adapted by only zeroing in on those who seem to have the most propensity to spend. What clothes they wear is usually a reliable indicator.

Oh shit both these statements contridict one another. Is ah scroo correct or ah laksa?

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Oh shit both these statements contridict one another. Is ah scroo correct or ah laksa?

both are correct. if old lady cleaner in dirty clothes can save $400k, so can ah pek in shorts and sandals with withdrawal from cpf minus minimum sum. the model they can buy easily is e-class. e for elder. with a bit of extra cash can buy s-class. s for senile. if ah pek dresses in hugo boss t-shirt, gucci shorts, and tommy bahamas sandals, for sure can buy s-class in seconds. the only problem is he carries plastic and not paper cash. but dealerships prefer electronic or cashless transactions. any pek carrying wads of $1000 notes to buy a car (like my dad did) must be old-fashioned and nuts. my dad actually did that in made in china shirt and made in sri lanka shorts. sandals were made in indonesia. very common in sg. older sinkies are rich and have wads of cash stashed away. that's an undeniable fact.