• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Does this freaks you out?

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe in the wheel of reincarnation. The size levels of the wheel of reincarnation are: hell, all the lost souls, the animals, human, deity and the Buddha. You have to work hard for millions of years. For instance, if you are a pig, then in the next life you become a human, and then in the next life you become something else.

Okay, as a Buddhist, I have to work very hard. I have to do good so that I can earn the points in my report card, hoping that my next life I may be able to become a Buddha. And then as a Buddha, I have to work some more because I want to go to the world of 'nothingness' - Nirvana. If that is the case, who decides what I have done so wrong to fall into this wheel of reincarnation. What have I done wrong? Who decides my first life? What did I do to come into this world? Where do I come from?

Shifu answered, "From the world of nothingness". But if I come from nothing, which is the ideal state, what wrong did I do to fall into this wheel of reincarnation? Shifu couldn't answer.

So, everything is meaningless. I came from nothingness and I have to work so hard to go back to the world of nothingness?

SEE BEH LAN LAN MAN!!

R4g3

Alfrescian
Loyal
born, live, die. (you can add sick to it but i think not important)

just like a game, start, play, game over.

more important is how the game is played.

in fact alot of people worried about next life, reincarnation, go heaven, or rot in hell end up being manipulate or make use by people.

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal
7 Reasons to Read the Glorious Quran

1) Intimate:

It dares you to disprove it. How? It says that humans can not write a book like this even if they pooled all their resources together and got help also from the spirits. The Quran said this fourteen hundreds years ago and yet no one has been able to disprove it. Billions of books have been written - but not another one like the Quran.

(2) Incorruptible:

It is the only religious sacred writing which has been in circulation for such a long time and yet remains as pure as it was in the beginning. The Quran was kept intact. Nothing was added to it; nothing was changed in it; and nothing was taken away from it ever since it was completely revealed 1400 years ago.

(3) Unsurpassable:

The Quran is God's final revelation to humankind. God revealed the Torah to Moses, the Psalms to David, the Gospel to Jesus, and finally the Quran to Muhammad. Peace be upon all of them. No other book will come from God to surpass his final revelation.

(4) Indisputable:

The Quran withstands the test of time and scrutiny. No one can dispute the truth of this book. It speaks about past history and turns out right. It speaks about the future in prophecies and it turns out right. It mentions details of physical phenomena which were not known to people at the time; yet later scientific discoveries confirm that the Quran was right all along. Every other book needs to be revised to accord with modern knowledge. The Quran alone is never contradicted by a modern discovery.

(5) Your Roadmap for Life and Afterlife:

The Quran is the best guidebook on how to structure your life. No other book presents such a comprehensive system involving all aspects of human life and endeavor. The Quran also points out the way to secure everlasting happiness in the afterlife. It is your roadmap showing how to get to paradise.

(6) God's Gift of Guidance:

God has not left you alone. You were made for a reason. God tells you why he made you, what he demands from you, and what he has in store for you. If you operate a machine contrary to it's manufacture specification you will ruin that machine. What about you? Do you have an owner's manual for you? The Quran is from your function for success lest you fail to function. It is a healing mercy from God. It satisfies the soul, and cleans the heart. It removes doubts and brings peace.

(7) Your Calling Card to Communicate with God:

Humans are social creatures. We love to communicate with other intelligent life. The Quran tells us how to communicate with the source of all intelligence and the source of all life- the One God. The Quran tells us who God is, by what name we should address God, and the way in which to communicate with God. Are these not seven sufficient reasons for reading the Quran?

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
You believe in the wheel of reincarnation. The size levels of the wheel of reincarnation are: hell, all the lost souls, the animals, human, deity and the Buddha. You have to work hard for millions of years. For instance, if you are a pig, then in the next life you become a human, and then in the next life you become something else.

Okay, as a Buddhist, I have to work very hard. I have to do good so that I can earn the points in my report card, hoping that my next life I may be able to become a Buddha. And then as a Buddha, I have to work some more because I want to go to the world of 'nothingness' - Nirvana. If that is the case, who decides what I have done so wrong to fall into this wheel of reincarnation. What have I done wrong? Who decides my first life? What did I do to come into this world? Where do I come from?

Shifu answered, "From the world of nothingness". But if I come from nothing, which is the ideal state, what wrong did I do to fall into this wheel of reincarnation? Shifu couldn't answer.

So, everything is meaningless. I came from nothingness and I have to work so hard to go back to the world of nothingness?

SEE BEH LAN LAN MAN!!

from your post, it seems to me you know nuts about buddhism. all your basics are haywires. the mistakes are so serious that those who study basic buddhism courses (for pri school kids in sunday school) will laugh - uncle must be joking.

by the way, you can try me on my knowledge of the bible horny stories. if you wanna have a go at it again:biggrin: i bloody go to the fucking church 5 years to learn about all your craps just for the fun of it. ok i lied, xtain girls are hot.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro,

Take it easy on him, I assume, he is a newly-converted christian. If he wasn't, swell, he has wasted much time in church !!

from your post, it seems to me you know nuts about buddhism. all your basics are haywires. the mistakes are so serious that those who study basic buddhism courses (for pri school kids in sunday school) will laugh - uncle must be joking.

by the way, you can try me on my knowledge of the bible horny stories. if you wanna have a go at it again:biggrin: i bloody go to the fucking church 5 years to learn about all your craps just for the fun of it. ok i lied, xtain girls are hot.

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
And, I thought you understand this:

http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=5511.7

To: pylae (7 of 14)
5511.7 in reply to 5511.1

Should be:-

3 lower realm of suffering which consist of Hell, hungry ghost, animals.

3 upper realm of bliss which consist of Human, Demi-god and god. Both Demi-god and god are considered celestial beings (tian ren).

Buddha does not belong to any realm of re-incarnation. He is free from any karma binding him to be re-incarnated.

"Okay, as a Buddhist, I have to work very hard. I have to do good so that I can earn the points in my report card, hoping that my next life I may be able to become a Buddha."

The very first thing you should do is self reflections. Are you by nature kind and compassionate or one fill with greed and anger? The 5 toxic of Greed, anger, obstinate, arrogant and doubt of the Dharma form the basic platform for sinful karma culminations.

Eliminating those 5 toxic are the first priority in the Sangha training before embarking on higher level of buddhist knowledge.

"I have to do good so that I can earn the points in my report card, hoping that my next life I may be able to become a Buddha. And then as a Buddha, I have to work some more because I want to go to the world of 'nothingness' - Nirvana."

Buddha = Nirvana.

"So, everything is meaningless. I came from nothingness and I have to work so hard to go back to the world of nothingness?"

Your present life reflect what you had done in your previous life, and your current conduct will determine what you will be in your next life.

SEE BEH LAN LAN MAN!!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
i bloody go to the fucking church 5 years to learn about all your craps just for the fun of it.

salvation comes through faith alone, not by works.

you are just scratching the surface if you attended church for 20 years just for the fun of it!!

lolabunny

Alfrescian
Loyal

SEE BEH LAN LAN MAN!!

This is actually a very good and misguided layman intepretation of what is Buddhism.

It is good because it exposes the common misunderstanding that Nirvana is equal to nothingness.

It is not.

It's a state of peace and lack of self. Lack of EGO if you will. :smile:

If you focus too much on your SELF, you will have more suffering -- this is a simplified explanation.

The nothingness isn't really about emptiness. :smile:

Please do bear in mind that English words aren't always accurate when trying to describe ideas illustrated in Sanskrit.

Lastly, it doesn't matter what religion is good or bad or what you believe in or not. Most people just want to be happy and eliminate suffering from their life. :smile:

Christians have God as their emotional bedrock. Buddhists try to look within to "fix" themselves. Again, this is a simplified explanation. :wink:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buddhism is all about practising "awareness" and "mindfulness".

Live in the present.

can you explain if there is a corresponding relationship between the religious faith of a country to its voting pattern?

majority of SGP == buddhism.
PAP majority == 66.6%

PAP will continue to rule.

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal

I love reading the Bible just to get a good laugh :biggrin:

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
salvation comes through faith alone, not by works.

you are just scratching the surface if you attended church for 20 years just for the fun of it!!

you are akin to someone who went near a shit pool and dive in further to enjoy it.

i am akin to someone who went near the shit pool, get the fertiliser i need and get the fuck out of there. sorry i cannot stands the smell of that shit pool. you can keep it to yourself.

that shit pool is not for someone intellectual like me that is well trained in scientific thinking

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
i agree. TOK NOW. OBAMA WINS. LIVE IN PRESENT!

DON'T THINK WE BRO HERES FORGET ABOUT WHAT YOU SAID FEW MONTHS BACK MuhahahahhHAHAH

can you explain if there is a relationship between the democracy of a country to the religious beliefs of the majority?

majority == Buddhism
democracy index = flawed democracy/hybrid regime

pap continues to rule!

Ilovelamb

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6h_TamgRACE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6h_TamgRACE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Only Islam is the truth religion in this world..people dont quarrel here and argue...peace..Allah bless u all..