• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you think the Singapore military should procure cruise missiles?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
do we hv hellfire missile capable of busting tank n concrete bunkers?

They are different warheads. If you want to destroy a tank with ERA, you have to use the Hellfire equipped with the tandem warhead. If you want to destroy concrete bunkers, you have to see how thick is bunker. If its a machinegun nest in a concrete pillbox, you can probably use a blast/frag warhead with a delay fuse. Basically a shape charge type warhead. For heavier bunkers, you will need the thermobaric warhead. I am not sure the US sells the thermobaric warhead to other users. I am certain we do have the tandem warhead, which I think is the only warhead that can defeat the Leo 2 armour.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
why r u so rude? I didn't engage u previously. R u suffering from delusions? Do u sometimes think u r the PM?:wink:

Because you start threads with the dumbest topics, you answer with god and religion, and because u are motherfucking son of a bitch. There, i have given u 3 reasons.

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are different warheads. If you want to destroy a tank with ERA, you have to use the Hellfire equipped with the tandem warhead. If you want to destroy concrete bunkers, you have to see how thick is bunker. If its a machinegun nest in a concrete pillbox, you can probably use a blast/frag warhead with a delay fuse. Basically a shape charge type warhead. For heavier bunkers, you will need the thermobaric warhead. I am not sure the US sells the thermobaric warhead to other users. I am certain we do have the tandem warhead, which I think is the only warhead that can defeat the Leo 2 armour.

Bro, for deep bunkers need steel tipped warheads to punch thru the concrete before explosives ignite inside to collapse the structure and kill all.. you're right that thermobaric is useful for enclosed space. i tot tungsten sabots used for anti amour?

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy cruise ship la. So that elite can road road in comfort.

o6h0dz.jpg

A Taiwanese Hsiung Feng II (HF-2) missile is launched during the Han Kuang 18 military exercises in 2002.

Such weapons will be of great deterrence to any of our would be aggressors. Cruise missiles will be a force-multiplier. This is important as Singapore has limited human and other resources.

What is your take on this issue?

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Buy cruise ship la. So that elite can road road in comfort.

Cruise ship is not fast enough. LOL. Would love that though. Get a rogue crew in one of those stupid subs we bought, and send 2 torpedoes into the cruise ship. When its sinking, surface the sub and machine gun all the PAP fucks in the water.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Bro, for deep bunkers need steel tipped warheads to punch thru the concrete before explosives ignite inside to collapse the structure and kill all.. you're right that thermobaric is useful for enclosed space. i tot tungsten sabots used for anti amour?

I am not aware of any steel tipped warheads. In most missiles, the front end of the missile is where all the sensors are. eg the guidance systems, cameras, etc. I don't know who would put a steel tip on it.

For bunkers, the best ammo against it is a shape charged warhead. It creates spalling on the inside and destroys the occupants and equipment. For anti armour, I don't know who uses tungsten anymore. That's maybe WW2 technology. Everyone uses depleted uranium now, or they may have old stock of tungsten carbide sabots. ANd you can't put that sabot into a guided warhead missile like the Hellfire because the velocity is not fast enough. Depleted uranuim rounds have to come out of a gun barrel.

lurpsexx

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not aware of any steel tipped warheads. In most missiles, the front end of the missile is where all the sensors are. eg the guidance systems, cameras, etc. I don't know who would put a steel tip on it.

For bunkers, the best ammo against it is a shape charged warhead. It creates spalling on the inside and destroys the occupants and equipment. For anti armour, I don't know who uses tungsten anymore. That's maybe WW2 technology. Everyone uses depleted uranium now, or they may have old stock of tungsten carbide sabots. ANd you can't put that sabot into a guided warhead missile like the Hellfire because the velocity is not fast enough. Depleted uranuim rounds have to come out of a gun barrel.

I was referring to this bunker buster from US. Think is steel casing in front... http://www.military.com/video/guided-weapons/guided-bombs/usaf-blu-109-bunker-buster/1102951849001/

For the AP rounds, i was reading this... think got many diff types of rounds.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anti-tank_rounds

i think SG does have cruise missiles in stock, just kept in dark for knock out punch...

Last edited:

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was referring to this bunker buster from US. Think is steel casing in front...

For the AP rounds, i was reading this... think got many diff types of rounds..

i think SG does have cruise missiles in stock, just kept in dark for knock out punch...

they prob have nukes.

presby

Alfrescian
Loyal
By all means, buy a few to show we have some missile but don't buy too many and spend too much money. The brass seems to brag sometimes about how sophisticated we are. Give them some face. Chances are they will won't have chance to use these missiles and keep until expiry date then throw away. So best buy a few to show OK liao. Should buy short range and less powerful warhead, cheaper mah.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
By all means, buy a few to show we have some missile but don't buy too many and spend too much money. The brass seems to brag sometimes about how sophisticated we are. Give them some face. Chances are they will won't have chance to use these missiles and keep until expiry date then throw away. So best buy a few to show OK liao. Should buy short range and less powerful warhead, cheaper mah.

buy can operate against who? Indonesia? They still named their warship.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
I was referring to this bunker buster from US. Think is steel casing in front... http://www.military.com/video/guided-weapons/guided-bombs/usaf-blu-109-bunker-buster/1102951849001/

For the AP rounds, i was reading this... think got many diff types of rounds.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Anti-tank_rounds

The BLU 109 is a free fall bomb. Its not a missile. This thread is about missiles, it says so on the top of the page.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cruise ship is not fast enough. LOL. Would love that though. Get a rogue crew in one of those stupid subs we bought, and send 2 torpedoes into the cruise ship. When its sinking, surface the sub and machine gun all the PAP fucks in the water.
What makes you so sure the torpedoes will work? Maximum restraint, loss of comms etc. if they work the elites no need to run road liao.

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Perhaps the SAF can consider strapping bombs to papsmearer,chonburic,da dick.. all the mentally unhinged, violent brutes.. and have them launch suicide attacks against our adversaries. This will be a cool mode of attackk

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To think buy simi lanjeow when we cannot sail our boats properly n fight properly ? Think navy boat collide w container ship, commando Kenna shot in Thailand

nomorelisa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore can buy most modern weaponry in the market but there are many considerations before such a purchase.

1. The need to set up a military base, properly equipped with defensive umbrella to counter attacks.
2. Personnel trained to man these weapons
3. Maintenance and support
4. etc

Last but not least of all, will our neighbours be keeping up by purchasing similar weapons to counter-attack. It will initiate an arms race which will not be to our advantage.

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Let there be war.
Any war with any country.

Singaporeans need allies to help them blow those PAP bastards to pieces with their fucking paper generals
We regain our own country

And PAP collaborators and corrupt perverted kangaroos will all dance at the end of piano wires

uglyloser

Alfrescian
Loyal
Singapore can buy most modern weaponry in the market but there are many considerations before such a purchase.

1. The need to set up a military base, properly equipped with defensive umbrella to counter attacks.
2. Personnel trained to man these weapons
3. Maintenance and support
4. etc

Last but not least of all, will our neighbours be keeping up by purchasing similar weapons to counter-attack. It will initiate an arms race which will not be to our advantage.

We certainly have the financial means, talent, manpower to provide the supporting infrastructure. I am only concerned that buying cruise missiles might spark off an arms race. God know what Malaysia or Indonesia would purchase in response to our purchase of cruise missiles.

Thanks for providing yr insights nomorelisa!