• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do you think SMRT uses the best material to last?

wtfisthis

Alfrescian
Loyal
Look at these cheap paint used at Redhill Station and Circle Line few months ago

WP_000776rs_zps55f576b4.jpg

Photo0596rs_zpsa9c8d8dd.jpg

Photo0596rs_zpsa9c8d8dd.jpg

Photo0595rs_zps22d96e3c.jpg

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
According to someone I knew who used to work at SMRT they have a team of people who's sole job is to source the cheapest prices. From the train breakdown we have also learn't that the CEO has been cutting corners on maintenance.

More of an example of a chinese run business than a world class operation :biggrin:

lianbeng

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lianbeng will also use the cheapest material to make the best profit mah!:biggrin: each time they re-paint, ur fare goes up a bit lor!

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The floor did last longer than those paint and sticker.

Thumb up for MRT.

Thank gourd for that, or we will be tripping over exposed tiles...they cut corners in maintenance, thank gourd! that, we did not expire earlier than the equipment they have...

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
not entirely right to say they cut corners ...the extent of them raising fares yr after yr is a sign they r serious ppl

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SMRT these days has been "penny wise pound foolish" ever since that see-saw ceo took over.
They use OEM parts and materials instead of the original ones.

In the long run, SMRT ended up spending more $$$ in replacing parts and materials than they purchased them.
I can bet you that the new scholar ceo who just step in will make things worse.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
OEM is '"Original" Engine Manufacturer", how can say not original:confused::(

SMRT these days has been "penny wise pound foolish" ever since that see-saw ceo took over.
They use OEM parts and materials instead of the original ones.

In the long run, SMRT ended up spending more $$$ in replacing parts and materials than they purchased them.
I can bet you that the new scholar ceo who just step in will make things worse.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Nowadays, it is profit and revenue that rules. That's why Ikea is so successful.

Of course, profit matters. How else to pay dividends to SMRT shareholders?

And you know who is the biggest shareholder of those public transport companies...

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
OEM is '"Original" Engine Manufacturer", how can say not original:confused::(

If you think OEM really means "original" parts, think again.
It's simply biased towards an authorized copy cat of the design but not necessary having the same material, workmanship and QC.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
According to someone I knew who used to work at SMRT they have a team of people who's sole job is to source the cheapest prices. From the train breakdown we have also learn't that the CEO has been cutting corners on maintenance.

More of an example of a chinese run business than a world class operation :biggrin:

Painting on each door costs around $2000.
There are 24 doors on each platform... that is a whopping $48k per station.
That is not cheap!
I am not sure if there was a open tender to this.

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Painting on each door costs around $2000.
There are 24 doors on each platform... that is a whopping $48k per station.
That is not cheap!
I am not sure if there was a open tender to this.

Most likely another $2 capital company has been set up by "someone" long time ago to eat this sort of project.
A wayang closed door tender has already been called.

tyudm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most likely another $2 capital company has been set up by "someone" long time ago to eat this sort of project.
A wayang closed door tender has already been called.

I have checked the website and there is no such contract in SMRT tenders.
East West Line, North South Line, Circle Line and North East Line, I am not sure how many stations there are. I guess a total of 100 stations x 48,000 = 4.8 millions just to draw 3 arrows on the floor. That's a fucking good wayang project.

Last edited:

Frankiestine

Alfrescian
Loyal

The rail wheels are manufactured by ah tiong...how safe can a product be if it is made in ah tiong land...