• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do you think it is wise...?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have few school friends and network, from young, who owned businesses, very successful ones. some were even interviewed by the straits times. i decided to approach them for a job. do you think it is wise? i should have done that many years ago, tried many things including taxi, sales, trading(my favourite). now, i think i swallow my pride and asked them...i know i dun have backbone but i am a very good worker. they also know that i am dead against pap, will they be afraid that i get them into trouble?

if you are me, what will you do?:o:o

Runifyouhaveto

Alfrescian
Loyal
i am not even 55...

brother, how much remuneration will be good for you? If your asking is below 3.5K + you have poly/alevel/uni, i think they should be happy to hire local.

If your asking more than 3.5K, i think you should be save your motivation for your own career, eg. drive taxi + trade a bit + enjoy your lifestyle (eg. foruming)

Last edited:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what is ur goal actually?why do u want to be like them?are u just trying to build a small nest egg and achieve financial freedom or u really want to own and run a business?

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
or bro do u feel such a intense hatred for pap and strong anti pap sentiments u want to become a successful buinessman like sheng siong boss and become a billionaire so u can start a massive political campaign against MIW?

of course u will not publicly display ur agenda and do it from behind the scenes,bankrolling people like roy ngerg to slander and countersue the government and fund opposition parties and recruiting supporters underground so PAP will never suspect a thing and link the movement to you?

SQPilot

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very often it's hell trying to get a taxi here in Singapore, I guess taxi business must be very good. I would say if you are driving a taxi income should be stable and great and you enjoy the flexibility of managing your time and managing your finances. Stay with it I'll advise.

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
they will tell you since you are over 55 why don't take your CPF and migrate

It's not easy to migrate when you're over 55....unless you're filthy rich.
On the hand it's as easy as filling up a form when two 90 year old tag along an FT who gets employed here...no age limit.

KNNBGCB

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i have few school friends and network, from young, who owned businesses, very successful ones. some were even interviewed by the straits times. i decided to approach them for a job. do you think it is wise? i should have done that many years ago, tried many things including taxi, sales, trading(my favourite). now, i think i swallow my pride and asked them...i know i dun have backbone but i am a very good worker. they also know that i am dead against pap, will they be afraid that i get them into trouble?

Go for it. Nothing to be ashamed of. Pocket no money then shameful. How do you thing Peter Lim reached billionaire status?

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
thanks all, the most important is that is you like my sharing, please upz my points leh...:p

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I see no harm asking. What's there for you to lose? Good luck.

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
cos i want to fall in love in the office setting, watched too much jap AV...i supposed...haha...lol

besides, sitting in the cab made me damn nuah...nowadays, even want to walk few steps to buy breakfast also must think...:o

Why do you want to work for others, I always thought you are happy with your cabby job?