• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Do u have the "won't happen to me" syndrome ?

Wunderfool

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The simple profound answer is you don't know.

You don't know until it happens to you.

However, we should not live our lives in fear of the worst. Instead, we should live our lives as it is given to us; to be happy and fulfilling every day.

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
fuck la who would think they would die in a bus crash? What do you expect them to do? Don't ever travel to JB then your chances of getting killed or robbed in JB will drop to 0. :rolleyes:

Anyway i recall this memorable quote from my teacher. Nothing is ever guaranteed in life except death and taxes.

Yeah I don't know what to do and went into deep thoughts before writing this thread:o

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The simple profound answer is you don't know.

You don't know until it happens to you.

However, we should not live our lives in fear of the worst. Instead, we should live our lives as it is given to us; to be happy and fulfilling every day.

This is a fulfilling enlightened - we don't know

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
to better understand the meaning of probability or the purpose of this thread,u have to study the gambler's fallacy.

The gambler's fallacy, also known as the Monte Carlo fallacy or the fallacy of the maturity of chances, is the mistaken belief that, if something happens more frequently than normal during some period, it will happen less frequently in the future, or that, if something happens less frequently than normal during some

just because three singaporeans died in a bus crash in malaysia,it doesnt mean the probability of you dieing in a bus crash in malaysia next is going to be higher or lower....its still the same 1 in 1xxxxxx or whatever the number is......just like avoiding to take a plane just because there was a plane crash recently is illogical.although if it is MAS airline theres probably a link to causation,so avoid MAS airline at all cost.those singaporeans odds of dieing in jb in a crash was the same 1 in a million,no one expected it to happen but they got lucky enough to hit the jackpot so next time remember to take down license plate to buy 4d.

In the gambling fallacy, probability is the killing subject.
I take a soccer match whereby a favourite odds of 1.2 vs underdog of 8, the actual probability of the favourite winning is not that high.
I would rather bet the underdog or else don't bet.