• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

do u find this NDP a real BORE??

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
PIANGZ!! if they want drama, then for heaven sake stage it indoor with all the men in white in attendance.

it was the most boring NDP!! i actually dozed off and luckily woke up just in time for the fireworks.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
seeing gurmit singh in sari drag almost made me puke!! as if that wasn't enough, we had to have chou en lai dressing up as a slut. now i really puked!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
c'mon singapore!! we know that racial harmony is important but seriously that needn't be incorporated into the drama, right?

sharon aw married a malay. (sic!) then had a chinese(?) kid who grew up to marry an indian and had a eurasian(??) kid. wow lau eh!! like that also can??!!

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
from there on, was dozing...waking...dozing...waking....

however, caught a glimpse of the screen video about lau goh then followed by pinky. i think that was the real highlight or motive of the night - a post GE reminder, maybe.

regarding the drama, seriously still dunno what they were trying to convince. perhaps encouraging inter-racial marriage or mixed-breeding??

Fearless Jedi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys. Sorry but think that this is the worst NDP ever, especially with Richmonds ensuring that everyone in Singapore knows that wife/daugther is the creative director. Rode with thr Richmonds and ended up in Holland.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
think trying to be politically correct - that ah neh and chink can get married...LOL..

or they signed the young actor first - realising he is not yellow, so have no choice but to make it an inter-racial marriage?

streetsmart73

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
PIANGZ!! if they want drama, then for heaven sake stage it indoor with all the men in white in attendance.

it was the most boring NDP!! i actually dozed off and luckily woke up just in time for the fireworks.

hi there

1. bro, no offence.
2. come on! get a life man.
3. having nothing to do but to watch the ndp or what.
4. all channels are foc on the cable for aug 8th, 9th and 10th.
5. anything here is betterer than some sheep, dogs and clowns in display.
6. go and attach yourself to some hobby!

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
bea.jpg

I am the creative director, who dare says the NDP a bore!

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
591a_35.jpg

I think she can improve the next NDP by having more of these, and herself, appearing in the set.

Last edited:

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
bea.jpg

I am the creative director, who dare says the NDP a bore!

she's the living proof that sgp lacks creative talent that's why she could be in the scene. most of her plays are rather grass, crude and no class at all. but since talents are lacking here, any rubbish would be viewed as "artistic" or creative. it's no different fr ah beng or ah lian cussing away in their usual mannerism.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
can't help to think deeper why was NDP held in such limited area at the marina. the defunct national stadium would be more practical and allow more audience and participants more free spaces.

then i realise gov was trying to boast the backdrop of MARINA SANDS and the commercial highrise buildings of shenton way to the world. so actually it was a brag to the world in disguise of a NDP. the primary motive was to show off to the world while the secondary was to celebrate with citizens.

as the camera zoomed upon the audience, don't u feel that most didn't look locals? and by the way, how many of you got balloted with the tickets? for how many years u ve tried but every year u get nothing?

i only managed to get NDP once, yep! only once i got 4 tickets when my li'l brother leetahsar actually and stupidly went to perform in the NDP. can u imagine that the only way that u could get tickets for sure is to be a NDP performer!!

zikoman

Alfrescian
Loyal
This guy should have performed during the parade.....

[video=youtube;SY12KXHNlVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY12KXHNlVs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for the video.

actually there are many talents in sgp but they are not spotted. either that or they do not have the "CONNECTION" to get spotted and highlighted and so the untalented who prized themselves as "talents" rule. that's sgp. that's life.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This guy should have performed during the parade.....

[video=youtube;SY12KXHNlVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY12KXHNlVs&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Yeah I already watched it on You Tube few days ago... His song should have been the ND song for this year... Very catchy, full of local flavor in his lyrics and witty too... This song better than that stupid Fun Pack song...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
the FUN pack song is NOT a song. it's a daylight robbery of creativity which the likes of jack neo, gurmit singh and many so-called talents are damn good at. and yes, these are suppose to be our local authentic talents. very xia suay!! (a quote fr auntie lucy: SO BLOODY EMBARRASSING!!)

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
The original link: http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...ok_slams_ndp_as_stupid_and_waste_of_time.html

'Stupid', 'lousy', 'waste of time', local television celebrity Patricia Mok wrote online, slamming this year's National Day Parade. STOMPer tony was enraged after reading her comments.

First she pointed out in English that this year's Parade had two main stars, and even used 'stupid until...' in her description. Patricia also said she preferred Kit Chan's 'Home' to this year's 'In A Heartbeat'.

Then, she wrote in Chinese: "Wasted one-and-a-half hours of my time watching the National Day Parade! In all history...lousy! In all honesty, watching 'On the Fringe' 20 times is even better than watching tonight's Parade!"

When interviewed, Patricia expressed it was her personal opinion, and perhaps the 'new elements' did not appeal to a 'traditional' viewer like her as she felt it had lost its 'original flavour'. The celebrity also was not able to view the flypast from her house this year.

"Last night (Aug 9), compared to previous shows, I did not see anything familiar when I watched the Parade on television. Perhaps I'm more traditional, old-fashioned," she said, adding that the music did not resonate with the audience. She also said some scenes were difficult to understand and "the whole musical was very flat".

She would also have been very disappointed if she had a child performing in this year's Parade: "On television, I couldn't see any child's face amongst the performers, perhaps due to the angle," she said.

Finally, she felt the performance this year weakened television viewers' excitement. "Last time, at the end of the Parade, I would feel very excited. However, this year my family was very quiet, compared to previous years where we would all discuss the show excitedly afterwards."

Said the STOMPer:

"Patricia Mok criticised the NDP.

"As a Singaporean who does she think she is to say this year's NDP is stupid and a waste of time?

"Singaporeans agree?"

patricia mok was definitely right to rant about that.