• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Do fake plants improve mood like real plants?

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
IMG_5525.jpeg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Large artificial plants that look like the real thing are not cheap at all but they are good investments for your wellbeing.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
In another study, participants felt more peaceful and positive after spending 15 minutes in a room close to a tall plant (about five feet) compared with other objects.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wellness/2022/06/06/how-houseplants-can-boost-your-mood/
Plants can quickly improve mood. Our connection to plants is so strong that sometimes it takes only a few minutes of being in their presence to start feeling better. Studies have found that less than 20 minutes is enough to make us feel more at peace. In one experiment, participants who spent even five to 10 minutes in a room with a few houseplants felt happier and more satisfied than those in a room without plants. In another study, participants felt more peaceful and positive after spending 15 minutes in a room close to a tall plant (about five feet) compared with other objects.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Number of plants: Although there is no magic number, having five or more foliage plants can increase positive emotions. For example, in one study, participants in a room with bamboo palms, Chinese evergreens and heart-leaf philodendrons (five in total) felt more carefree and friendly compared with those in rooms without plants. Alternatively, onetall potted plant (about five feet) or three or more small floral displays (such as sweet pea, larkspurs or woodland sage) can elicit similarly positive responses.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Color: The greener, the better? In a study using English ivy, green-yellow and bright-green leaves increased feelings of cheerfulness and relaxation, whereas whitish-green leaves stimulated mostly negative emotions. As for flowering plants, a study found that purple, green, red, pink and white ones could lower people’s blood pressure and heart rate. However, purple and green flowers were more effective in relaxing the body, reducing anxiety and improving mood. Another study found that red and yellow roses elicited a more calming response than white ones.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Real vs. artificial: In an indoor space, having any type of greens — including photographs of plants — is better than having none at all. However, real plants have a greatermood, attention and relaxation effect than faux plants. The same applies for real vs. faux flowers. In a study of high school students, participants looking at real pansies for three minutes felt more relaxed and comfortable than those looking at artificial ones. Gu’s point about mood effects beyond visual cues may help explain these findings.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Honey.
I'm sure men can tell fake virgin and real virgin even if you put a sticker there.
I told you doctor can tell real or fake virgin and it’s you Jeremy Quek slut cock sucker of Malaysian criminal syndicate and other bully dogs that claimed that they can’t and dare not take up my virginity test challenge since years ago and yet shamelessly hide in rat hole spamming evil filthy lies of me non stop. How much are you paid to do this? Why is your life so cheap? Pui!

View attachment 192235

lostvirgin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I told you doctor can tell real or fake virgin and it’s you Jeremy Quek slut cock sucker of Malaysian criminal syndicate and other bully dogs that claimed that they can’t and dare not take up my virginity test challenge since years ago and yet shamelessly hide in rat hole spamming evil filthy lies of me non stop. How much are you paid to do this? Why is your life so cheap? Pui!

View attachment 192235
Deary, every doctor can tell you are not a virgin without even looking at your hole. :laugh:

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why do u need fake plants when u can go to the garden to see real plants ?
what you need is a good apple airpod max so that u cannot listen to random guy whistling at you

c4168b4a404eb76f6d4015ca5a06b9bad1-headphones-2.rsquare.w400.jpg

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
why do u need fake plants when u can go to the garden to see real plants ?
what you need is a good apple airpod max so that u cannot listen to random guy whistling at you

c4168b4a404eb76f6d4015ca5a06b9bad1-headphones-2.rsquare.w400.jpg
You can’t see it 24x7 even if you have your own garden whereas nice fake plants you can see it all the time, giving you maximum benefits. Oh headphones I wouldn’t feel safe wearing headphones walking around, very dangerous not be able to hear what is happening on the road etc.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You can’t see it 24x7 even if you have your own garden whereas nice fake plants you can see it all the time, giving you maximum benefits. Oh headphones I wouldn’t feel safe wearing headphones walking around, very dangerous not be able to hear what is happening on the road etc.
nowadays good headphones allow u to hear outside sound clearly.